Self improvement books recommendations? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: New Hampshire
Self improvement books recommendations?

I have a "friend" that's interested in reading some great books for improving a negative attitude and making the best marriage (the husband a wife can't live without) as well as changing selfishness. I would like to get him a few as a gift but not sure which titles or authors are the really good ones. There's a ton of stuff out there and I just know some are way better than others.
Anyone have a friend also that can recommend a really awesome book that inspired them on one of those topics?

I'll start by recommending a book called "Peaks and Valleys". Written in a way that tells a story of a man trying to get out of stagnation and no success in life. A book for those who may have a lot of bad crap happen to them and never seem to get success or awesome stuff happen.
It's written simply and not many pages and helps easily visualize a way to make life's hard times turn into good times quicker and easier. And how to keep the good times lasting longer and the bad ones shorter. My friend said he tried the techniques and changed into a happier person, while also enjoying exactly what the book said would happen. Life's major challenges and bad events had way less impact on him and had more good things happen a lot more frequently. It's one of those books you read and instantly know someone that needs it also.

Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Arizona
The Five Love Languages is a good read. It's easy to fall into a routine with your wife and skip on the kind of love your wife needs. Once you read the book you'll get a good understanding on the kind of love your significant other needs. We tend to love our spouses the way we want to be loved and then we get upset when they aren't appreciative or they feel neglected. After reading the book and speaking with my wife I learned that hers is physical touch. It's been a really helpful book.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar