The Force Awakens!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2015, 09:38 AM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The Force Awakens!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN!

Thread to discuss the movie for those who have seen it or those who just don't care about it being spoiled.

I have to see it again, I have mixed feelings on it and felt like it was a little slow paced at some points... but maybe I was just expecting something else. It definitely felt different than the originals and the prequels. Gives me a new appreciation for the prequels TBTH.

I do like how they made Kylo Ren kind of... a crappy Sith who got his *** handed to him by someone with zero training at all. Like... him vs even Padawan Obi Wan from Phantom Menace would have lasted all of 2 seconds.

What I did NOT like was it kind of re-cycled the exact same plot from A New Hope. Mega planet killing superweapon, "omg its going to fire on us we have 15 minutes", trench run with an X wing to kill it, surprise father thing... I dunno.

What I DID like were the comedy elements, the acting was GREAT, the action scenes were really good and I have to give a big nod to the special effects dept. They also didn't even try to hide that the First Order=the Third Reich with the left hand raise and everything (close fisted). Also... AMAZING SFX without going crazy overboard with the CGI like Lucas did. Lots of really hyper detailed robotics and costumes=much better looking.

Overall I liked it a lot and I think the next 2 are going to be better still. My "fan theory" is that Rey is Luke's daughter or at least related to him somehow and that The Supreme Leader is Palpatine who escaped death in Episode 6. Not sure who else it could be.

Thoughts?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2015, 11:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Thread to discuss the movie for those who have seen it or those who just don't care about it being spoiled.

I have to see it again, I have mixed feelings on it and felt like it was a little slow paced at some points... but maybe I was just expecting something else. It definitely felt different than the originals and the prequels. Gives me a new appreciation for the prequels TBTH.

I do like how they made Kylo Ren kind of... a crappy Sith who got his *** handed to him by someone with zero training at all. Like... him vs even Padawan Obi Wan from Phantom Menace would have lasted all of 2 seconds.

What I did NOT like was it kind of re-cycled the exact same plot from A New Hope. Mega planet killing superweapon, "omg its going to fire on us we have 15 minutes", trench run with an X wing to kill it, surprise father thing... I dunno.

What I DID like were the comedy elements, the acting was GREAT, the action scenes were really good and I have to give a big nod to the special effects dept. They also didn't even try to hide that the First Order=the Third Reich with the left hand raise and everything (close fisted). Also... AMAZING SFX without going crazy overboard with the CGI like Lucas did. Lots of really hyper detailed robotics and costumes=much better looking.

Overall I liked it a lot and I think the next 2 are going to be better still. My "fan theory" is that Rey is Luke's daughter or at least related to him somehow and that The Supreme Leader is Palpatine who escaped death in Episode 6. Not sure who else it could be.

Thoughts?

I'll be seeing it again. It was slow at times but not for too long. I agree that the weapon planet and father son conflict plots were too repetitive. Looking back at the prequels seems exciting compared to this new movie, although I am a fan of the late episodes. I hated that Kylo was such a crappy villain with such power and authority. I bet he will come back considering how easily the pilot (I forget his name) stayed alive. Along with Fin. He should be dead. I cannot explain Rey's ability with the force. She is definitely not product of Luke Skywalker even though they want us to think that. I also wish that Kylo Rens ship had a bigger presence. It really was a blurry vehicle. Overall it was a cool movie. It sets up a lot to add in the following movies coming. I am stoked for the new movies.
LukeRailey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
It really did feel like a reboot of A New Hope. The most irritating bit for me was the way that the plot was never very cohesive, almost like the movie was written by four or five different people, who never really talked to one another between an initial meeting and the final submission meeting.

Plus, how is it that Ren, who supposedly single handedly destroyed the Jedi, first has trouble with a rookie stormtrooper, then got his world rocked by some completely untrained person with a weapon she had never used before?

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2015, 08:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeRailey68 View Post
I cannot explain Rey's ability with the force. She is definitely not product of Luke Skywalker even though they want us to think that.
They show a flashback of her as a little girl looking up at a ship and crying "no" as it left. This was her being left on Jakku as a small child - being hidden. I think she is the daughter of Han and Leia and is Kylo Ren's sister.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
By the way I read that Daniel Craig plays the storm trooper that Rey convinces to release her and let her go. And Simon Pegg is dressed as the junkyard trader on Jakku.
LukeRailey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:03 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

I think Rey has to be related to the Skywalker bloodline somehow. Or... She is the Force's second attempt at a "chosen one" after Anakin wrecked everything. Maybe she is Ren's twin? That would be a nod to the now retconned Expanded Universe.

I think Kylo was probably the furthest along in training and went bad pretty early so his force use is limited and he's way too unstable to control his fear and anger to use it like Vader and Maul and Palpatine. Dooku was honestly more of a Grey Knight IMO.

I still stand by my opinion that a pair of Jedi from the prequel era would have had the planet killer deativated and Ren killed or captured in about 5 minutes. Only explanation for this is that Disney is trying to level the playing field a little between force users and non force users. We will see in the next movie because Luke SHOULD be insane as far as his power levels go.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
That movie was absolutely amazing!! I had to avoid this thread for a few days since I couldn't see it opening day. But omg it was so ducking awesome.

I know a lot of the older folk may disagree, but THIS is what Star Wars should be like. Probably saying this because I'm young and grew up on CG. But this was my favorite movie out of all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:54 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

I haven't seen it yet. Maybe in a week or two. My parents liked it. Dad was a little mad about Han. But it sounds like it's a pretty good movie.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:11 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Harrison Ford wanted to kill off Han in Jedi. Word is that he only agreed to reprise the role if Han got it in the first movie.

As far as Soccer's comments on it being the best movie... I grew up on the original non special edition movies, then saw every special edition re-release in the theaters, THEN saw every prequel in the theater.

This movie... the pacing is different. Its just... off. Movie felt like it would get going and then stop. And then get going and stop. It has made me go back and watch every movie including the horror of Episode 1 and I definitely feel like a little something is missing with Lucas gone and I'm probably one of the biggest Lucas critics I know.

All that said, this is probably the best one after Empire. Then ANH and then the rest of them in a jumble with Episode 1 always a distant last place.

What I do think we are going to see is one hell of a lightshow when Luke really has to go all out and I really REALLY hope they make him into the "full potential Anakin" he is supposed to have become.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:27 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
To each his own.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:56 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Indeed, I think I will like it more the second and third time I see it. I have to always take movies I see with a little bit of a grain of salt if I see them in the theater. Large groups of ppl ruin it for me. Granted, if there are 200 ppl in the theater 197 of them will be quiet and cool but there will be 1 or 2 dip****s who seriously should be kneecapped and dragged out and banned from movie theaters for life which was the case when I saw The Force Awakens.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:56 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Indeed, I think I will like it more the second and third time I see it. I have to always take movies I see with a little bit of a grain of salt if I see them in the theater. Large groups of ppl ruin it for me. Granted, if there are 200 ppl in the theater 197 of them will be quiet and cool but there will be 1 or 2 dip****s who seriously should be kneecapped and dragged out and banned from movie theaters for life which was the case when I saw The Force Awakens.

Everyone in my theater was respectful. But you could tell everyone was a fan because when the opening came on everyone started clapping then quieted down before the words showed.

HID end all thread
Old 12-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well, Disney Star Wars video game unofficially confirmed Rey's identity so that information is out there for those who want it. Disney has not commented on it but... well I won't spoil it for anyone.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Well, Disney Star Wars video game unofficially confirmed Rey's identity so that information is out there for those who want it. Disney has not commented on it but... well I won't spoil it for anyone.
I played the demo for the game when it came out a while ago. Haven't been able to play the actual game yet since my roommate is the one with a PS4, but didn't want to get it until after finals were over so it wouldn't consume his life lol. Will play a lot of it next month.

HID end all thread
Old 12-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Bb bf. n.

torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I've seen it 5 times already

Plaguies is most likely snoke.

My main issue was, like most people, the PC. I grew up with the PT so im partial. Episode 3 is still my favorite and 7 would be last.

Rey is mort likely lukes daughter. Kylo was alright and just too many characters were useless and not menacing it all they just feel forced like hux and phasma

Mac o/r H pipe. Flow master super 44s. Accufab 70mm throttle body. Pro comp intake manifold. MSD coils
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar