Snow! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2016, 09:17 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
We're supposed to get somewhere around a foot up here in Northern Colorado. And all I have to drive is the Mustang...lol. Hopefully I can take my dad's Mirage with its wicked 92 HP and 93 foot-pounds of torque

I know you guys in the northern states are just guffawing at the thought of a foot of snow, but we usually only get dustings in Fort Collins. I think Mile High JDF's area is going to fare significantly worse than mine haha
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2016, 09:36 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Supposed to get some snow here again by Wed. Cold and clear outside right now. 38 right now on the deck. Been getting a lot of rain. The Trinity River has been running high and swift. This is going to help our drought. So the snow will be a welcome sight. We had a very white Christmas. The Trinity's have been getting plenty of snow during these waves of storms coming off the pacific. Keep it up Ma-nature.
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:51 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
We're supposed to get somewhere around a foot up here in Northern Colorado. And all I have to drive is the Mustang...lol. Hopefully I can take my dad's Mirage with its wicked 92 HP and 93 foot-pounds of torque

I know you guys in the northern states are just guffawing at the thought of a foot of snow, but we usually only get dustings in Fort Collins. I think Mile High JDF's area is going to fare significantly worse than mine haha
Damn, used to get hit pretty good when I lived in Longmont and remember my mom complaining when she lived in Ft Collins.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
KC here. Haven't had really any snow this year. It's a bummer for me, I like the snow. Last week they said we were going to get 4-8 inches tomorrow, now they're saying just rain, zero snow.

Oh the joys to be wrong all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:03 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
Damn, used to get hit pretty good when I lived in Longmont and remember my mom complaining when she lived in Ft Collins.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I mean, we get the occasional 3-4 inches, but we had about 13" predicted and I think it'll likely be much closer to 2" haha Colorado weather for ya
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
Old 02-01-2016, 11:24 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
I mean, we get the occasional 3-4 inches, but we had about 13" predicted and I think it'll likely be much closer to 2" haha Colorado weather for ya
The only thing they could get right on the forecast was the wind, and that was only because it blew all the time
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
The only thing they could get right on the forecast was the wind, and that was only because it blew all the time
For sure haha we even had a winter storm warning for our area from all of last night and whatnot, then it went away after hardly any snow fell. Now we have another winter storm warning as of 40 minutes ago. Make up your mind, meteorologists

Old 02-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Well, the snow came through for me today, so no school. Also, no moving my car for a few days haha

Edit: And I realize these are the first pictures of my car I've actually posted onto here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0202161427-00.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	196545   Click image for larger version

Name:	0202161427-01.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	196546  

Name:	0202161427-02.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	196547   Click image for larger version

Name:	0202161428-00.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	196548  

Name:	0202161428-01.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	196549   Click image for larger version

Name:	0202161429-00.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	196550  

Old 02-02-2016, 06:51 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I always hope for a few small snow events in this area. We end up with 1-2 3" or less snowfalls each year. I have 2 plows, a skid pusher, a few spreaders and make a killing with it.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, the snow came through for me today, so no school. Also, no moving my car for a few days haha

Edit: And I realize these are the first pictures of my car I've actually posted onto here
You look like you got hit almost as hard as we did. Driving home from work at 4 in the morning kind of sucked. Glad I don't dd a mustang any more.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:21 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
You look like you got hit almost as hard as we did. Driving home from work at 4 in the morning kind of sucked. Glad I don't dd a mustang any more.
What's your DD now? And I'm not even touching the Mustang until some of this snow clears up. There's too many stupid drivers around here

Old 02-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What's your DD now? And I'm not even touching the Mustang until some of this snow clears up. There's too many stupid drivers around here
I have an 01 Ranger that I drive around.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:07 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have an 01 Ranger that I drive around.
That definitely sounds like a more reasonable DD for when it snows than a Mustang. I need to get that limited-slip differential put it and whatnot. My friend's car got stuck dropping me off and I cut into my sandbag to help him out, now I need a new one. 120 lbs ain't enough

Old 02-03-2016, 05:10 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That definitely sounds like a more reasonable DD for when it snows than a Mustang. I need to get that limited-slip differential put it and whatnot. My friend's car got stuck dropping me off and I cut into my sandbag to help him out, now I need a new one. 120 lbs ain't enough
Yeah it's much easier to get around in. My mustang would be a snow plow if I managed to make it out of the driveway. I never did sand bags in my old mustang, but snow tires work amazing.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:31 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah it's much easier to get around in. My mustang would be a snow plow if I managed to make it out of the driveway. I never did sand bags in my old mustang, but snow tires work amazing.
Unfortunately, I have a set of all-seasons on there. They work great if the snow/ice is minimal, but they're definitely not cut out for the days where there's two or more inches

Old 02-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have a set of all-seasons on there. They work great if the snow/ice is minimal, but they're definitely not cut out for the days where there's two or more inches
Yeah all seasons suck for snow driving.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar