GO BRONCOS! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
GO BRONCOS!

There is no way that any of you can be rooting against the Broncos is there? It would be so cool to see a close, and safe game and for Peyton to ride off into the sunset after the win!
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2016, 03:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I wouldn't mind seeing him and the Broncos win the super duper bowl. I'm not a Broncos fan, but I never had anything against Peyton Manning. He seems like a class act. Got the pizzas, all kinds of other food, sodas and Capt. Morgan ready to go.
la pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Warming up on the field, Cam is wearing bright yellow shoes with big black "MVP" letting on the front and a Superman t-shirt........talk about having no sense of the appropriate!!
I just thank everything that is important, that the ^%(*&%* PATRIOTS are NOT playing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2016, 03:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Warming up on the field, Cam is wearing bright yellow shoes with big black "MVP" letting on the front and a Superman t-shirt........talk about having no sense of the appropriate!!
I just thank everything that is important, that the ^%(*&%* PATRIOTS are NOT playing!!!

What's not appropriate about that?

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
What's not appropriate about that?
If you have to ask...there may be no use answering.........but I'll try...........Staubach, Montana, Kelly, Bradshaw, Manning, Elway, Marino, Favre, Unitas...............it's about respect for the game that has made you a millionaire, and role model.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, I'm kinda glad they aren't in it again. I'm not a Patriots hater, and I think Brady is a h*ll of a quarterback, but it's nice to see someone else in there.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
GO BRONCOS!

Living in Charlotte definitely going for Carolina.

And honestly some people will just hate Cam no matter what he does. When the panthers were 8-0 it was our schedule was bad or we got lucky and now it's we're good but people still find things to complain about. He's been wearing the superman shirts for years now and the shoes Under Armor provides. Last Game he had his entire teams name on his warm up shoes. With that said being from Charlotte it's amazing how much good Cam does for the community in the Carolinas that get little to no media attention; really is a stand up guy.

And I agree at least the patriots are out and can't win.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:08 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Living in Charlotte definitely going for Carolina.

And honestly some people will just hate Cam no matter what he does. When the panthers were 8-0 it was our schedule was bad or we got lucky and now it's we're good but people still find things to complain about. He's been wearing the superman shirts for years now and the shoes Under Armor provides. Last Game he had his entire teams name on his warm up shoes. With that said being from Charlotte it's amazing how much good Cam does for the community in the Carolinas that get little to no media attention; really is a stand up guy.

And I agree at least the patriots are out and can't win.

That may very well be, but did you see the pregame interviews? All Cam could talk about was (over and over!) "no one can do what I can do!".........Payton was nearly in tears talking about what the game means to him and what he wants his legacy to be. Humble and proud to be playing in the SB, and even talking about hoping the opposing coaches respect him and the game. Cam was only about himself.
I know that Cam is about "having fun" but he is also one egotistical SOB.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Not the Angel Portrayed!

Quote:
There is no way that any of you can be rooting against the Broncos is there? It would be so cool to see a close, and safe game and for Peyton to ride off into the sunset after the win!
----------
Peyton is NOT the great person everyone thinks. Back in college he sat down on a female trainers head. Of course his pulled down his shorts first. There quite a few others also behaving in this juvenile manner!

Peyton also couldn't be quiet as he wrote his co-authored his book. He then posted items that were not to be disclosed in the first lawsuit. This cost this woman her job and another lawsuit for Peyton. The first one occurred before the Social Media took over the internet.

1. Read these articles and decided for yourself....

1) Peyton Manning is Lucky Social Media Wasn’t Around in 1996 When He Allegedly Sat on a Female Trainer’s Face | The Big Lead

2) Peyton Manning: No decision on potential lawsuit | ProFootballTalk

3) Peyton Manning Sex Scandal: Largely Forgotten, Even With A Witness

4) Peyton Manning placed his testicles and "naked butt and rectum" on her face. - Sports and Racing - NFL Message Board - GameFAQs

Some think that this isn't really a big deal, as she was a personal trainer for the University of Tennessee athletic program.

That is unless this would have been your mother, wife or daughter.

Just another athlete that was pampered for his image!

Peyton's father cleaning up his mess.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
There's a story that starts with, one time back in college.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:33 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

OK..22 years ago and you are still upset about it?

CONGRATS, Peyton. You played with class, and deserve to go out like this.....a winner!
Old 02-07-2016, 09:35 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Not making fun, I'm sure the lady was upset. Lol. I'm not here to judge anybody or their character. I do know how much Peyton does for Knoxville and the state of Tennessee tho. I'm sure cam is the same. If cam has a largely injury free career, he will be breaking some of these records.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
There's a story that starts with, one time back in college.
-------------
and continued after college, right into the NFL. In 2002, Manning’s book came out and the “vulgar” label hit the trainer. She lost her job as the program director.

Now I don't know how others would think it was time to Keep their Mouth shut. Seems Peyton just doesn't know when to keep quiet.

What lends credence to this Peyton Manning sex scandal more than the actual settlement figures — the second time, the amount was undisclosed — is how you could be hearing more of this from Naughright, but she has stayed largely silent.

Naughright's lawsuit, which was filed in May 2002, seeks more than $15,000 and names both Mannings among the defendants. It asserts that Peyton Manning's motive for defaming Naughright included widespread rumors about the incident affecting his Heisman Trophy chances as a senior.

It wasn’t until Peyton brought it up that she took legal action.

She came after Manning again in 2005 after he violated the settlement by talking to ESPN about it.

FINE EXAMPLE of a Role Model to look up to!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
OK..22 years ago and you are still upset about it?

CONGRATS, Peyton. You played with class, and deserve to go out like this.....a winner!
----------------
All you used to hear around Indiana on how Great Peyton Manning was. Still do sometimes.

This behavior seems to be a normal thing around any sport that has a ball in it. Another QB on an older Colts teem, just loved to come to pre-season camp, to hit on all the local women.

If you want to have an image Squeaky Clean, you need to behave like that!

It's not the 22 year period. It's the continuation of his father and others trying to protect his image.

His father had to protect that image for the Heisman Trophy. Why do you think the second lawsuit was payed off so Quick and Quietly?
Old 02-08-2016, 12:19 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Wow, what an ax to grind!
And here is Cam being the jerk he still is:
SnappyTV - Cam walks off podium in postgame presser
Walks off the stage after a softball question about his teammates........jerk.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:11 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Cam is 26 and trying to prove himself in the league while Manning is 39 and already proven himself as one of the greats. Manning also has had time to mature and learn how to deal with the media. As shown above while Manning is a class act he is far from perfect. And I bet if he was in that situation 13 years ago he would not be as humble.

Not saying Cam's behavior walking off is right but honestly put yourself in his shoes being 26 years old and how would you respond immediately after one of the lowest points of your career. One of the questions was how he felt after the fumble... well how do you think he felt? Especially now a days with the way Social Media is unless your in their shoes you really have no idea what its like and you really cant judge someone based on an interview at their lowest point based on questions the media asks. At first he was humble saying they got outplayed and they just kept digging on every mistake he made. Given it just happened (still in part of his uniform) and he never went through this before really hard to prepare yourself to deal with it. Almost better not even talking to the media and allowing yourself to collect yourself but we know how that is viewed. Richard Sherman and marshawn lynch are two other great examples on how the media can give a biased view on someone.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:08 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
-------------
and continued after college, right into the NFL. In 2002, Manning’s book came out and the “vulgar” label hit the trainer. She lost her job as the program director.

Now I don't know how others would think it was time to Keep their Mouth shut. Seems Peyton just doesn't know when to keep quiet.

What lends credence to this Peyton Manning sex scandal more than the actual settlement figures — the second time, the amount was undisclosed — is how you could be hearing more of this from Naughright, but she has stayed largely silent.

Naughright's lawsuit, which was filed in May 2002, seeks more than $15,000 and names both Mannings among the defendants. It asserts that Peyton Manning's motive for defaming Naughright included widespread rumors about the incident affecting his Heisman Trophy chances as a senior.

It wasn’t until Peyton brought it up that she took legal action.

She came after Manning again in 2005 after he violated the settlement by talking to ESPN about it.

FINE EXAMPLE of a Role Model to look up to!
Hmmm, interesting. I myself didn't hear about any of that stuff. I suppose there are probably lawsuits involving several "big name" players in all sports that you don't hear about. (To me), Manning always seemed to have such humility in interviews and after games. So much for what I know, I guess. As for Cam, eh, he doesn't bother me too much. He is a h*ll of a QB, and looks as though he could have a good career in the NFL. There are several other players that I consider to be far worse.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:18 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Panther View Post
Hmmm, interesting. I myself didn't hear about any of that stuff. I suppose there are probably lawsuits involving several "big name" players in all sports that you don't hear about. (To me), Manning always seemed to have such humility in interviews and after games. So much for what I know, I guess. As for Cam, eh, he doesn't bother me too much. He is a h*ll of a QB, and looks as though he could have a good career in the NFL. There are several other players that I consider to be far worse.
---------------
Very few people heard about it. This was before Facebook, Twitter and all of the other social media sites. Check the addresses that I have posted and read the articles for yourself. Manning the perp, wrote two checks and the University of Tennessee wrote the first one.

Nothing more than a highly paid criminal. If any of the members in here had done that, we would have been arrested and went to jail!
Old 02-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Good game... Last few superb bowls have been good ones. Cam is only gonna get better this loss will help him. This a good way for manning to go out if he retires. Great career. Halftime show was dull. Commercials from the ones I saw were odd (not funny).

Old 02-08-2016, 04:01 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Commercials from the ones I saw were odd (not funny).
Especially the Baby/Monkey/Puppy one! I could hardly watch that one..................UUGH!
Old 02-08-2016, 04:03 PM   #21
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Not a huge sports fan but an excuse to eat well and sit down.

Cam made a big mistake by not diving for his fumble. I know if I was picking players I'd remember that. Decent (not great) game I thought the Jeep ad with B&W pics of non-TV people was great (heck I coulda made the cut) and I enjoyed the Prius one with the inept robbers.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:20 AM   #22
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Cam is 26 and trying to prove himself in the league while Manning is 39 and already proven himself as one of the greats. Manning also has had time to mature and learn how to deal with the media. As shown above while Manning is a class act he is far from perfect. And I bet if he was in that situation 13 years ago he would not be as humble.

Not saying Cam's behavior walking off is right but honestly put yourself in his shoes being 26 years old and how would you respond immediately after one of the lowest points of your career. One of the questions was how he felt after the fumble... well how do you think he felt? Especially now a days with the way Social Media is unless your in their shoes you really have no idea what its like and you really cant judge someone based on an interview at their lowest point based on questions the media asks. At first he was humble saying they got outplayed and they just kept digging on every mistake he made. Given it just happened (still in part of his uniform) and he never went through this before really hard to prepare yourself to deal with it. Almost better not even talking to the media and allowing yourself to collect yourself but we know how that is viewed. Richard Sherman and marshawn lynch are two other great examples on how the media can give a biased view on someone.
He's a great QB (Cam), but now he has a large lesson to learn; controlling his arrogance. I enjoyed watching his after game celebrations, and now that he lost an important game mostly on his own play/turnovers, his after the game actions showed this was all new to him. Unfortunately, he's not invincable, and that takes a person such as him awhile to realize.
He will be back, and I suspect as a much more well rounded leader.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:20 AM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
His college

Click image for larger version

Name:	manning.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	196812

Lower Navigation