They just don't ever seem to let up----- - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:17 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
They just don't ever seem to let up-----

This is not just Mustangs, But any cars.
Where in the heck do they dig up these Nazi Gestapo brain dead, Freedom hating people from?????????????????

https://mail.aol.com/webmail-std/en-us/suite

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2016, 10:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Link doesn't work.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I am unclear as to what you are referencing. Please elucidate us
Static_LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2016, 10:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
????????!

Sent from my LGLS751 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
RoCoBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Link does, in fact, not work. But now I'm really curious as to what it was supposed to go to

And we are in "The Bar" so it really could be anything
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:11 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Yea, link just leads you to AOL. I think I used AOL back in the late 70's and early 80"s to gain access to the internet.
I have to remember that Ronnie is as old as me!
But interested as to what Ronnie dug up here...
Old 02-09-2016, 07:10 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It is a news release on the Government is trying to pass a law that "NO" cars can every be altered from stock. S.E.M.A. is on it but if they can't get this stifled, there will be no more speed equipment or modifying your car at all.
This is a very bad thing for America as we love it.
I'll try to dig up more information and will put it on here.
I may have to copy and paste if I can find it.
Ronnie
Old 02-09-2016, 07:25 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I found this one, but it is not the latest on the AOL link thatdid not forward.

Will copyright law stop you from working on your car in the near future?

Ronnie

The other link went to a story about ANY & ALL MODIFICATION and not just electrical.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:51 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

It is unlikely that any major manufacturer will take this approach singly. The damage to their brand would be immense as every tuner, gearhead, independent mechanic, and the entire aftermarket would turn their back on that manufacturer potentially forever.

Were the entire industry to take this approach, it would constitute a monopoly and anyone who manufactures aftermarket equipment or has a legitimate repair or tuning business would have a case against said monopoly for damages.

Finally, there is the matter of copyright expiry. Unlike books and music, there has been no automatic renewal of copyright for anything computer or automotive related as far as I know. This should exclude any car manufactured before 1978 unless the copyright holder has filed an extension.
In this scenario, I could see an upswing in the aftermarket focusing heavily on cars built before that date.

I just don't see a significant upside for an auto manufacturer to pursue this path and there is a TON of potential downside and ill will they would almost assuredly incur.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

this is a 6 month recurring topic. It always goes away. The car industry doesn't want it anymore than the aftermarkets do. Cars, car enthusiast and the aftermarket industry are good for car makers in a multitude of ways
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:07 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
This is just click bait tabloid trash to get your panties twisted.

I bet you're an easy target for friends and co workers if you give articles like this half a thought.
Oh, that reminds me..... Dude , did you hear that HR is going to start doing random home checks if you call in sick?
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:13 AM   #12
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
That is why I go bowling on my sick days...if I wanted to see them I would have gone to work.

I will say the home check made me smile...thx
Old 02-09-2016, 09:13 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Is The EPA Trying To Ban The Conversion Of Street Cars Into Race Cars?
2014Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:16 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I am more concerned with the EPA proposal as this particular agency has a history of exceeding their mandate and acting with a complete lack of common sense.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The information I first read was more in line with this:
Is The EPA Trying To Ban The Conversion Of Street Cars Into Race Cars?
which is the link 2014vert has posted.

Like I said. S.E.M.A. is already on it.
Where in the heck do these idiots come from that do their best to come up with crap likthis.
I say,
You buy the car---It is your property-- you can do what you want with it.
If it passes your state's inspection - "FINE" if not- That's "FINE" too.
Only communist oriented Nazi's can tell you what you can or can't do with your property.
Like Sterlingbeast 5.0 said:
Quote:
this is a 6 month recurring topic. It always goes away.
I sure hope he is correct.
Ronnie
Old 02-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
This is just click bait tabloid trash to get your panties twisted.

I bet you're an easy target for friends and co workers if you give articles like this half a thought.
Oh, that reminds me..... Dude , did you hear that HR is going to start doing random home checks if you call in sick?
^I like that.
Oh no, lets convert our cars back to stock, Ronnie leads the charge!

Old 02-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey RoCoBass,
Don't you and Waylap1 know that the EPA is there to protect you????
If you people did "NOT" modify your cars there would be "NO" global warming.
Your stock factory mufflers "NOT" being replaced by loud mufflers would save everybody's hearing.
Not tuning your car's computer would save a lot of gas because you would not have the feel of power and would drive more like I do.Ha! Ha!
If you people did "NOT" lower your cars, You would not be scraping speed bumps and driveways making that awful sound of scraping that people don't like to hear.
Tinting your windows is bad because although, you can see out, It's Not to easy to see in. Suppose I was a thief and went looking for stuff in your car. "GPS or Radar detector or anything of value. If everybody had tinted windows, I would be out of business.
And you guy's that put on a super charger, Don't you know the whistle that thing makes can really annoy some people.

I hope you can now understand that the EPA is doing things to make the world much better and more fun for you all to have a car to just get you where you need to go.
The self driving cars are almost here and when they get plentiful and affordable they can have another "CASH for CLUNKERS" to get all of your modified race cars off the highway.
Cars will drive themselves and all you need to do is sit and Text or watch TV and everybody will be safe.
Now, Won't life just be great for us "CAR PEOPLE" in the future if the Government gets it's way?????
Ronnie
Old 02-10-2016, 01:34 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Woah, you went off so far in the deep end that its just gotta be sarcasm. On a tree-huggin' tangent.
I know EPA was created to protect the environment and its inhabitants. I've seen that first hand here within our community, by EPA imposing fines and regulations on a grain processing plant. Their emissions and waste contaminating the Mississippi River and the atmosphere resulting in an elementary school being closed. They need to focus more on industrial, commercial, and even global industrial revolutions in other contries, which are more contributors to earth's destruction. We all need to chip in and do our part in conserving our planet in one way or another. Leave my weekend warrior stang alone, i'll help out the environment in other ways. We CAN'T ELIMINATE all contributing factors , but we CAN surely REDUCE our carbon footprint.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:40 AM   #19
Admin

Supporter
Admin

SEMA is involved to help protect this from getting passed into law. However, If you want to get involved:

Washington, DC (February 8, 2016) – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has proposed a regulation to prohibit conversion of vehicles originally designed for on-road use into racecars. The regulation would also make the sale of certain products for use on such vehicles illegal. The proposed regulation was contained within a non-related proposed regulation entitled "Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles—Phase 2."

Petition to block this.
https://www.change.org/p/president-o...edium=copylink
Old 02-10-2016, 07:30 AM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey RoCo Bass,
I 100% agree with you, And yes, I was just being my politically incorrect self and adding a little humor to this.

Bucko,
I went to the link and got this---
Quote:
This petition isn't available. Either the URL is incorrect, it violated our Community Guidelines, or the starter removed it.
I guess it was not going the way the Government wanted it to go.

Ronnie
Old 02-10-2016, 07:46 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

That's cool Ronnie. I too went to link and it did not come up. I sought for "EPA SEMA" and the petition did come up.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:36 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Try this link guys:

https://www.change.org/p/president-o...e-modification

If it still doesn't work then just type in EPA in the search bar and it should be the 2nd result. The name of the petition is "Prevent the EPA from Banning Vehicle Modification!" by Adam Parker.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:42 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Ronnie
you for sure are not kidding about some people not liking the whistle of a blower. I have many times had people pull up along side of me saying things like what's wrong with that car, or that sounds awful, i'm not loud stock v8 mufflers on a worked v6 . only noise is from a X-charger working.
as far as i'm concerned the parts passed CA air tests and has a legal state inspection sticker for emissions on it so screw them i'm legal,
captchas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:38 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Another petition for the same cause!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//pe...les-racecars-0

Discussed in another thread
EPA Seeks to ban Mods. Sign petition help SEMA

SIGNATURES NEEDED BY MARCH 10, 2016 TO REACH GOAL OF 100,000
If this one keeps going at the same rate it has for the past week, it will hit the 1/4 million mark by MARCH 10, 2016.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar