Constructive Criticism Needed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2016, 07:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Constructive Criticism Needed

I normally don't post things like this, but I realize that I could use help. Recently, I decided to get back into website design in my free time. I am working on building a portfolio site. Eventually, I will start making more sites for those that desire them.

So what am I asking of you all? Constructive criticism. I may think I have a great idea, but others may disagree with me. The goal should be finding a design that appeals to as many people as possible.

So with that I present to you:
MUGEISMO

Please keep in mind that I'm still regularly making changes. I will also be taking into account your comments and suggestions to make changes as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Clean design and good color contrast, and I like the fonts............but there really is not enough there yet to offer much of an opinion on where you are going to go with this site...........
Guard 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:25 AM   #3

Region: Texas
That was direct, clean, and made me laugh a little here and there (in a good way) for it being something you just started, you're going in a great direction. The only obvious flaw would be the parts you haven't written in. Those few sections will solidify the validity of your site. Oh and the pictures too. In my honest opinion I think you did astronomically better than what I was expecting for someone wanting constructive criticism. I look forward to seeing the end result.
Finnrdz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
It's a user friendly site. Color is easy on the eyes. Very easy to navigate which is what you want. Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 03-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you all. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

- Content is coming as quickly as I can write it (not my strong suit).
- Pictures are coming as soon as the weather changes (Michigan is bi-polar).

I used to build websites from scratch and code everything myself. Then I would hand the design off to a small business. The result was my phone ringing off the hook because they had no idea how to add/remove content or deal with domains/hosting/etc. Why would they? They don't know html/php/css etc.

So my overall goal here is to create something simple using an all-in-one content provider. That way when I'm done, I can hand it over with minimal issue.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugeismo View Post

I used to build websites from scratch and code everything myself. Then I would hand the design off to a small business. The result was my phone ringing off the hook because they had no idea how to add/remove content or deal with domains/hosting/etc. Why would they? They don't know html/php/css etc.

So my overall goal here is to create something simple using an all-in-one content provider. That way when I'm done, I can hand it over with minimal issue.

I have a website for my business which j paid for. I also pay $175/ year to the person that put it together for maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 03-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
I have a website for my business which j paid for. I also pay $175/ year to the person that put it together for maintenance.
After 10 hours of work, that $175 becomes $17.50/hour. I don't mind helping fix things, but I prefer it be emergencies. Especially when the call is at 1AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugeismo View Post

I agree with the general consensus that it is very legible and straight forward.
It drives me crazy when I go to sites that use poorly contrasting colors that are hard to read.
I feel that good quality photos go a long way so be conscious of the direction of the light and the presence of shadows. Don't post any poor shots. Don't be afraid to take many shots, that way go can pick only the best ones. Film is cheap!
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I agree with the general consensus that it is very legible and straight forward.
It drives me crazy when I go to sites that use poorly contrasting colors that are hard to read.
I feel that good quality photos go a long way so be conscious of the direction of the light and the presence of shadows. Don't post any poor shots. Don't be afraid to take many shots, that way go can pick only the best ones. Film is cheap!
Thank you. My brother is a freelance graphic designer. I think he would beat me senseless if I didn't use a cohesive color scheme. I try to run my sites through as many browsers and platforms as possible before publication.

Funny you mention that. I just dug an old DSLR out of the closet today (Canon D1?). Need to remember how to use it. Hopefully this summer I'll get some practice. No more phone pics for me!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:02 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Constructive Criticism Needed

Simple. It's pretty good. Just have a good camera to take photos with. Plus have fairly detailed descriptions of everything you install/review. Then you'll be set!

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar