Looking for an investor or investors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Looking for an investor or investors

Lately, me and a couple of other members on here have discussed the possibility of opening our own business. Through these discussions and brain storming sessions, we have decided to move forward with it.

Therefore, would you be, or do you know anyone that might be, interested in investing in our venture? (wow, that's a lot of in's)

This business we are looking to start is going to be Backyard Automotive. A shop specializing in general repairs and maintenance of any and all vehicles. We have a number of great ideas to set us apart from the other shops in the area. Many of these ideas are no cost ideas to bring life into the automotive repair world. They are just simple extras we plan to offer as well as no cost events.

Anyhow, without layout out our entire business plan, I just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone here might be looking to invest in something, or might know someone that is an investor looking for new ventures.

Hey, it's a stretch, but I can't say I didn't try now.

"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq
Re: Looking for an investor or investors

Well all investors want to know your business plan and how much profit you estimate to make per year so they know how quickly they'll get their money back. Just make sure the contracts are clear on what they get back each quarter or however you organize it. You don't want them to have you by the balls and act like they own you for the first 10 years of business... You could really use your fresh idea's to set yourself apart from others.

One way of getting people excited about you of course would be at the track or other related events. I don't know if you're just looking into a repair shop or if you want to do a bit of performance on the side. I'm sure after talking with vendors you could get them to sponsor you and have a plan of using their parts in your track car. It would scratch everybodys back since you could get discounted parts and then the companies get their names out there.

I don't have any money to invest but I would like to do what you're doing if you were more on the west side. I think the best way to start out something like this is to do exactly what you're doing. Advertise on the forums. If your group of guys are helpful, honest, and don't mess up shipment orders or take forever on repairs like THR then you're good to go. Get the locals attention and do creative stuff to advertise what you're all about and how you're different. Everyone loves a one stop shop where you can get everything from basic repairs to full on swaps and custom paint.
Good luck with what you're doing and I hope you guys succeed. I'm hoping to have my own custom autobody shop in a few years...

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar