The EPA is Crossing the Line - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-14-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The EPA is Crossing the Line

America in and of itself is a culture. We are known for many things polically; freedom is a broad spectrum topic that instantly brings to mind images of red, white, and blue. There is a snare in freedom that tangles us at times though. With freedom, those in opposition to the individual expression of others have the right to complain, and at times remove one's freedom.

If you leave politics out and ask someone to describe American culture you will most likely find a diversity of answers, but there are a few that will pop up over and over again. As Americans we have a love for firearms, and weapons in general. If you want to stir a heated debate, mention restricting gun owners rights.

Sports are another passion that defines American culture. We look forward to football season, baseball, basketball, and golf. Clothing manufacturers thrive on replica jerseys and other fan paraphernalia. We even hold parties to celebrate the Super Bowl and other events. Tailgate parties are a staple for ballgames.

Ah yes, tailgates. That brings me to my point. You would not have tailgates or tailgate parties without the cars of America. Our cars define us. To be honest, most of our lives revolve around automobiles. We are a mobile people, and we like to ride in style; in particular a style that shows our indiviulality.

In the 50s drive in theaters and car hop style restaraunts were the preferred meeting place. These were places that catered to our desire to cruise, show off a unique car, and to brag about the beautiful lady in the seat next to you.

Cars and customization has evolved from hot rods and lead sleds to muscle cars. We have seen mini trucks and lifted trucks. There is also the import scene that took America by storm. What has not changed is the desire to modify the cars that we own.

The EPA has been a problem for some. At the same time, the EPA has brought about a few rules that make sense. Now it seems that our green, earth friendly, monitor wants to eliminate our freedom of automotive expression. It may not appear that way when one first reads the proposed law, but if you ponder the words it is easy to see that major problems exist.

Where did NASCAR develop? It came from the prohibition period, and the modifications made for those booze runners to evade police.

Drag racing was born out of a culture of people cruising the strips of Cali. Who was the fastest?

Racing has helped us to develop much of the technology we have in our cars today. There was a time in which "Win in Sunday, sell on Monday" rang true. People wanted the best, and a car in the winner's circle proved itself.

I can go on and on with little snippets of history. I don't think I need to though. I believe I have made my point that the EPA is overstepping its bounds by declaring that we cannot alter our cars power plants. This would mean no more exhaust swaps. There would be no more built engines roaring down the street. That throttle body, large injectors, and cold air intake would be deemed illegal by people that sit at a desk and likely ride the subway to work.

In the end, cars would be impounded, fines passed out, and a culture would disappear. In fact, the fans of racing would likely lose interest.

Do you realize the economic impact cars have? If the aftermarket dies, so do jobs in a lot of categories.

Make sure to speak up against the EPA and the ridiculous propositions they desire and propose.

Republicans warn proposed EPA rule could wreck auto racing | Fox News

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2016, 03:40 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Won't happen. Auto racing brings in too much money into the economy. No worries.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Won't happen. Auto racing brings in too much money into the economy. No worries.
That is my thought and hope.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2016, 05:57 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
We can thank SEMA, and other organizations that look out on the behalf of the public and businesses that make their livelyhood in the automotive performance and entertainment to protect our rights.

If you're not a supporting member of SEMA, check out their website and supporting their good service in protecting this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar