$910 Carpool Violation - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-08-2016, 03:02 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Hey just a thought and maybe I'm spitballing here but how about this. Don't drive in the carpool lane unless you have the legal number of occupants in the vehicle to be in the car pool lane. Problem solved.

Just curious like McTurd boy is but if you travel in stop and go traffic daily and worried about clutch issues, why not buy a commuter car with an automatic?

Or get the frig up earlier to leave for work. Clearly , you didn't learn the first time you got popped in the car pool lane so maybe the $900 dollar ticket got you're attention now.

What is the saying? Oh that's right. You got to pay to play! The court took a page out of the car performance rule. Go big or go home. The court went big on you and you went home.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Just get one of these and be done with it! No more worries.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462738663.258520.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	200745

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:16 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Hey just a thought and maybe I'm spitballing here but how about this. Don't drive in the carpool lane unless you have the legal number of occupants in the vehicle to be in the car pool lane. Problem solved.

Just curious like McTurd boy is but if you travel in stop and go traffic daily and worried about clutch issues, why not buy a commuter car with an automatic?

Or get the frig up earlier to leave for work. Clearly , you didn't learn the first time you got popped in the car pool lane so maybe the $900 dollar ticket got you're attention now.

What is the saying? Oh that's right. You got to pay to play! The court took a page out of the car performance rule. Go big or go home. The court went big on you and you went home.

Just a near stock 3.7
I appreciate the reply, Kona. But your input is unwanted in my thread, as well as anywhere else on this forum. Please keep your pointless and unintelligent thoughts to yourself. Thanks.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
I appreciate the reply, Kona. But your input is unwanted in my thread, as well as anywhere else on this forum. Please keep your pointless and unintelligent thoughts to yourself. Thanks.
Oh gosh, I'm sorry! Yeah, I'll leave the forum at once because after all I'm here to please you. Besides I know for a fact many people on here love my pointless and unintelligent thoughts.

I really appreciate the fact that you appreciate my comments.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-08-2016, 07:13 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Seems pretty dumb to me you didn't get the message the first time you got pinched. Apparently you didn't learn your lesson.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:55 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Seems pretty dumb to me you didn't get the message the first time you got pinched. Apparently you didn't learn your lesson.
I have had a few speeding tickets in my life. I've been pulled over for speeding and not received any tickets. I'm not advocating that speeding is acceptable. A violation is a violation. The OP gave a warning. There was not a complaint about the fines. There was not a fight over the citation. There was a warning to others not to make the same mistake.

I think a lesson was learned.

If you were being sarcastic then please continue on with the torture. I don't know the OP well enough to throw stones and laugh about it yet. I'm all for a good ribbing and joking though.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:30 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Sounds like you didn't take the time to read my whole post. But thank you for showing off your keyboard warrior skills - you're pretty good!
Old 05-08-2016, 08:33 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds like you didn't take the time to read my whole post. But thank you for showing off your keyboard warrior skills - you're pretty good!
Tater Tot, no one asked you to get involved with your thread. What's wrong with you? Why are you causing problems in your own thread?

Old 05-08-2016, 08:35 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just a near stock 3.7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1462757757777.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	200760  
Old 05-08-2016, 08:40 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
😀

Just a near stock 3.7
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1462758026369.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	200761  
Old 05-08-2016, 10:51 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

...and yes, I fed Kona. I prodded him along. I please accept my apology for ruining a well intentioned thread.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Just a near stock 3.7
Scratching my head a bit on why the OP would commit that violation, even the first time, the signs are pretty clear what it will cost you if caught. What has me really scratching my head is why he would do it again and then admit that in a public forum?? Must have expected some of these comments, but then again...

The cost of both those tickets would buy a decent motorcycle and allow legal access to the CPLs.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
Scratching my head a bit on why the OP would commit that violation, even the first time, the signs are pretty clear what it will cost you if caught. What has me really scratching my head is why he would do it again and then admit that in a public forum?? Must have expected some of these comments, but then again...

The cost of both those tickets would buy a decent motorcycle and allow legal access to the CPLs.
Why do people drink until intoxicated and drive? They know it's wrong before doing it?

Why do people speed? The speed limit signs are normally posted.

Why do people do things that the law marks as illegal? Everyone has a reason or excuse they feel justifies their actions. We are humans, we mess up. It happens.

I drove without my seat belt today. If I had been pulled over the officer would have have had the right to issue a citation. The fact that I may or may not have sunburned shoulders becomes irrelevant. In my eyes a seat belt citation would have been worth not rubbing an already irritated sunburn.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Why do people drink until intoxicated and drive? They know it's wrong before doing it?

Why do people speed? The speed limit signs are normally posted.

Why do people do things that the law marks as illegal? Everyone has a reason or excuse they feel justifies their actions. We are humans, we mess up. It happens.

I drove without my seat belt today. If I had been pulled over the officer would have have had the right to issue a citation. The fact that I may or may not have sunburned shoulders becomes irrelevant. In my eyes a seat belt citation would have been worth not rubbing an already irritated sunburn.

Revvv pretty much summed up everything I would have emphasized, from a theoretical point of view.

And not to sound like a puss, but riding a motorcycle as your DD on SoCal freeways is an absolute deathwish. These freeways are huge and my commute consists of 4 freeway merges at various speeds. In the year I have been driving this particular commute, I've seen two motorcycle fatalities, seen a handful of motorcycle crashes, and can only imagine the ones I haven't heard about... Yes, some of those riders were likely driving recklessly, but I can assure you some of them weren't at fault. With that said, I've pretty much ruled motorcycles out as an option.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Revvv pretty much summed up everything I would have emphasized, from a theoretical point of view.

And not to sound like a puss, but riding a motorcycle as your DD on SoCal freeways is an absolute deathwish. These freeways are huge and my commute consists of 4 freeway merges at various speeds. In the year I have been driving this particular commute, I've seen two motorcycle fatalities, seen a handful of motorcycle crashes, and can only imagine the ones I haven't heard about... Yes, some of those riders were likely driving recklessly, but I can assure you some of them weren't at fault. With that said, I've pretty much ruled motorcycles out as an option.
Been doing it (motorcycle commuting) for 40+ years, only one minor mishap, not related to using the car pool lanes. You're actually pretty safe in the CPL, just don't ride too close to the right side of the lane.

I live in SoCal, so you can't really impress me with traffic stories!
Old 05-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Been doing it (motorcycle commuting) for 40+ years, only one minor mishap, not related to using the car pool lanes. You're actually pretty safe in the CPL, just don't ride too close to the right side of the lane.

I live in SoCal, so you can't really impress me with traffic stories!
The point I was making, is that riding a motorcycle in SoCal yields as high of a risk as any other part of the nation's most congested areas... My remarks weren't necessarily related to the carpool lane either. Implying that San Diego and LA are safe cities to drive a motorcycle in, I must disagree with you regardless of your experiences.

My reference of SoCal is LA and San Diego. Anything North of LA and South of SF is mostly desert and rural. Ventura has a total of 3 freeway merges, as where LA and San Diego have over 100 combined. If you are comparing Ventura to San Diego or LA, I don't think that's a very valid comparison.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:26 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
When I saw this joke, I immediately thought of California and this thread.

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	200802
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:30 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
When I saw this joke, I immediately thought of California and this thread.
Attachment 200802
LOL

The Cali government really is a vulgar, dirty slut.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The point I was making, is that riding a motorcycle in SoCal yields as high of a risk as any other part of the nation's most congested areas... My remarks weren't necessarily related to the carpool lane either. Implying that San Diego and LA are safe cities to drive a motorcycle in, I must disagree with you regardless of your experiences.

My reference of SoCal is LA and San Diego. Anything North of LA and South of SF is mostly desert and rural. Ventura has a total of 3 freeway merges, as where LA and San Diego have over 100 combined. If you are comparing Ventura to San Diego or LA, I don't think that's a very valid comparison.
The first 20+ years I lived in Orange County and have family in North County San Diego. The last 20 or so years, I've lived in Ventura and indeed the traffic is mostly better but I commute 46 miles one-way to Goleta for work. The 101 from Ventura to Goleta at rush hour is anything but rural. Not much in the way of CPLs so mostly careful and deliberate lane splitting. On the point of fewer merges, that just concentrates the traffic even worse right? No alternative routes. I still have family in San Diego county and friends in the OC, so I frequently ride across LA and OC. In my experience these have more heavily traffic than SD county.

With respect to safety, I never said it was a safe thing to do, I was just relating my experience. Anyone who rides a motorcycle anywhere and thinks it safe is not looking at it objectively. Hell LA and OC aren't even safe to drive a car in!
Old 05-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hell LA and OC aren't even safe to drive a car in!
Truth!
Old 05-11-2016, 02:11 AM   #91

Congratulations!

I am pleased to congratulate the initiative of this thread. I take a lot of pleasure reading the different comments. This thread amazingly reveals personalities : people focused on solution (EV, motorcycle....), people having sense of humor, and conservative and rigorous guys. Sometimes I wonder if this initial message isn't a big and funny joke?
laslobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:33 AM   #92
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Word ^^^^^
Old 05-11-2016, 09:43 AM   #93
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Word ^^^^^
As he slams the mic to the floor
Old 05-11-2016, 10:56 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
As he slams the mic to the floor
Old 05-11-2016, 11:00 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Just buy a school bus, you'd be set.

G x crSent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolutionôh

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:15 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

$910 for a carpool violation? That's nuts maybe he had a dummy in the passenger seat or something?

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
$910 for a carpool violation? That's nuts maybe he had a dummy in the passenger seat or something?

The original post explains everything. And in case that's too much reading, there was no dummy in the passengers seat.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:04 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The original post explains everything. And in case that's too much reading, there was no dummy in the passengers seat.
You just opened yourself up for a long list of jokes about what was in the driver's seat.

I'm refraining from picking on you at the moment. I'm just going to blame California.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
You just opened yourself up for a long list of jokes about what was in the driver's seat.

I'm refraining from picking on you at the moment. I'm just going to blame California.

I'll get things started - If there was no dummy in the passenger's seat, there was definitely a dumbass in the driver's seat! Oh look at that, he drives a modified Mustang; he must be a ****** bag too!
Old 05-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll get things started - If there was no dummy in the passengers seat, there was definitely a dumbass in the driver's seat! Oh look at that, he drives a modified Mustang; he must be a dousche bag too!
That works. I'm pretty sure 90% of us on the board fit that description.

I'm waiting for the response I get at my daughter's school tomorrow. Going around the circle drive I hit a patch of sand that washed over the asphalt. I performed the world's slowest drift in second gear. I never touched the gas. The rear of the car decided to swing out and say hello to the front.

I just drove through it as if I was dirt track racing. My daughter laughed and enjoyed the ride.

Nothing like an embarrassing moment with the top down so the world can see the moron driving.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar