Ford tried to screw me again..... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2016, 11:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Ford tried to screw me again.....

Shaker 500 is being replaced by upgraded stereo system tomorrow. I lost one of the screws, so I went down to the Bend Over Dealership to order one replacement screw last week. Parts employee called me on Friday telling me the parts that were ordered were slightly more than the payment I had made.

I paid them $6.04. So I went down to the dealership to pick up my screws. Just a small difference, instead of $1.51 and I had to order four, apparently they couldn't sell only one from the package.

The actual price was $16.00 per screw, four to the pack, $64.00 for the package.

Cheaper almost to buy a new car. Pretty sure that most of the other dealerships (Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge....) are doing the same thing.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2016, 12:06 AM   #2
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Shaker 500 is being replaced by upgraded stereo system tomorrow. I lost one of the screws, so I went down to the Bend Over Dealership to order one replacement screw last week. Parts employee called me on Friday telling me the parts that were ordered were slightly more than the payment I had made.

I paid them $6.04. So I went down to the dealership to pick up my screws. Just a small difference, instead of $1.51 and I had to order four, apparently they couldn't sell only one from the package.

The actual price was $16.00 per screw, four to the pack, $64.00 for the package.

Cheaper almost to buy a new car. Pretty sure that most of the other dealerships (Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge....) are doing the same thing.

I got the opposite side of that a year or so ago. Ordered and paid for one corner light assembly and got a box of four of them lol

Slow Grabber Blue 3V
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:09 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Hope you did not pay that amount. If so, you can't blame them. It's not what you ordered; if the price changed, you walk away.

Similar situation happened to me once; ordered a brake pedal pad for my sons truck; was quoted 7 bucks; paid it. The part arrives, and the parts guy says the part was 12 bucks. I told him to keep it, and refund me my 7 bucks, as we had a legal contract with the first price.

He gave me the part at 7 bucks.
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2016, 06:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Don't you have a local True Valu or Ace Hardware? They have automotive fasteners and all kinds of oddball clips, springs, screws, and gizmos in in those pull out drawers.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Don't you have a local True Valu or Ace Hardware? They have automotive fasteners and all kinds of oddball clips, springs, screws, and gizmos in in those pull out drawers.

This is what I was thinking. Whenever I need a replacement screw on my car I just take on of the other ones to my Ace Hardware and get an exact match. I believe it was 20 cents the last time I did it, which beats $64.00.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Hope you did not pay that amount. If so, you can't blame them. It's not what you ordered; if the price changed, you walk away.

Similar situation happened to me once; ordered a brake pedal pad for my sons truck; was quoted 7 bucks; paid it. The part arrives, and the parts guy says the part was 12 bucks. I told him to keep it, and refund me my 7 bucks, as we had a legal contract with the first price.

He gave me the part at 7 bucks.
------------------------------------------------
No, I did not!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Ford tried to screw me again.....

I love the Ace Hardware by me they have ALOT of items in that little store.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:57 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Rip off center.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I'm trying to think of a reason I would go to a dealer. I can't seem to come up with an answer.

There are a few "manufacturer only" items, but not many.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I will have to admit that I do not replace body panels or windows with aftermarket parts. I know the OEM equipment fits like it should.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar