A Weekend Alone - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
A Weekend Alone

Everyone has taken off for the weekend. I have the house all to myself for 3 days. I can freely go where I want, when I want.

The downside; there is nothing at all I can think of doing. I have a feeling that I am about to be bored.

Mischief may ensue. I need a few other Mustang enthusiasts in the area.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
Four hours in and I am bored out of my mind.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Four hours in and I am bored out of my mind.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Incoming porn marathon.




Go find an inexpensive used engine and toss it into your truck.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-03-2016, 03:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Incoming porn marathon.




Go find an inexpensive used engine and toss it into your truck.
I could care less about porn. Not my thing.

If I could locate a good engine I can assure you it would be in my truck. I am missing that big beast.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,400
Will this work?
http://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/5592190942.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Will this work?
http://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/5592190942.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Nice find.

Now I just need to locate about $2000. Lol.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:09 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Go get drunk and go mini golfing.

Playing video games while wasted is pretty fun as well.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Go get drunk and go mini golfing.

Playing video games while wasted is pretty fun as well.
I'm not far from breaking out Mortal Kombat while I wait for the temps outside to drop. Then I will clay, polish, wax, and detail the car.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:14 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I'm going to have to figure out the same thing for Sunday. I have no work on Sunday and nothing else planned, aside from C&C in the morning. First time in i don't even know how long.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
My biggest issue; everyone I know is either working or out of town this weekend. I volunteered to stay home and babysit my dog, plus the sister in law's dogs (I am not interested in going to Dothan, AL) until Monday. I have things to do, and they will get done, but my house is way too quiet.

Who would ever think a studio engineer could find things too quiet?

For the sake of boredom I clayed one of my guitars, polished it, and then applied Mequires Gold Class liquid wax. The guitar was already beautiful. Now it looks like I can reach inside of the finish.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
My biggest issue; everyone I know is either working or out of town this weekend. I volunteered to stay home and babysit my dog, plus the sister in law's dogs (I am not interested in going to Dothan, AL) until Monday. I have things to do, and they will get done, but my house is way too quiet.

Who would ever think a studio engineer could find things too quiet?

For the sake of boredom I clayed one of my guitars, polished it, and then applied Mequires Gold Class liquid wax. The guitar was already beautiful. Now it looks like I can reach inside of the finish.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
At least they are actually out of town. For the last week my only friend in town for summer has violated the golden rule of Bros before ............
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
At least they are actually out of town. For the last week my only friend in town for summer has violated the golden rule of Bros before ............

Toes? Foes? Lowe's???



Don't worry. When you get to be around my age, a certain percentage of your friends will be in a relationship with someone that they don't particularly care for... You won't be able to get rid of them!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:53 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Man if I had a weekend alone my car would be on Jack stands and all my new parts would be installed. I have plenty of those just waiting to go on
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:24 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Man if I had a weekend alone my car would be on Jack stands and all my new parts would be installed. I have plenty of those just waiting to go on
Last summer, my parents went to Greece for 3 weeks. Day 1 i pulled the Hyundai out of the garage and parked the Mustang in it. And proceeded to put it on jacks and do tinkering over the next few weeks.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
wmschoonover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Owensboro
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Man if I had a weekend alone my car would be on Jack stands and all my new parts would be installed. I have plenty of those just waiting to go on

I have a stack of parts to install too. That and use my PDR stuff to try to get the hail damage out that I got recently.

Seems I either have no time or the weather prevents it.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
That's how it goes man. It would also be nice if it wasn't 108 outside. My garage is 97 according to my handy dandy chamberlain opener that has an info screen on the wall switch.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post

Toes? Foes? Lowe's???



Don't worry. When you get to be around my age, a certain percentage of your friends will be in a relationship with someone that they don't particularly care for... You won't be able to get rid of them!
Something tells me I am already at that age.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
That's how it goes man. It would also be nice if it wasn't 108 outside. My garage is 97 according to my handy dandy chamberlain opener that has an info screen on the wall switch.
I have a 20 acres of land. 8 of those acres are cleared. I spent the afternoon cutting grass. It didn't need to be done, but I have those gorgeous, fresh cut lines again.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,574
Go to the club and patronize a bunch of cheap strippers or one really expensive one.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Go to the club and patronize a bunch of cheap strippers or one really expensive one.
I have never really been one for strip clubs. To me a strip club is like going into a candy store, paying to look at the candy, and even being tempted by the candy, without being able to actually have the candy.

The dancer's name for me would likely be Candy.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I have never really been one for strip clubs. To me a strip club is like going into a candy store, paying to look at the candy, and even being tempted by the candy, without being able to actually have the candy.

The dancer's name for me would likely be Candy.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
If you are ever in San Francisco, give me a holler... I will change your opinion about strip clubs.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:53 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
That's how it goes man. It would also be nice if it wasn't 108 outside. My garage is 97 according to my handy dandy chamberlain opener that has an info screen on the wall switch.
What?!?
Nobody told you about the Central Valley heat before you moved there?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:03 AM   #23
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
What?!?

Nobody told you about the Central Valley heat before you moved there?

I know all too well. I am from California and my wife is from the Central Valley. Doesn't mean I can't say it's hot 😉

Honestly I'd take a 120 degree west coast day over 85 degree east coast day anytime.

Still doesn't mean I want to be in the garage slaving over my car in that heat. Lol
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:23 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Wish I had an empty house for 3 days and time to kill. I'm at 93 hours this pay period and still have a 9-12 hour long shift tomorrow....

"Insert clever phase here"
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:38 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Wish I had an empty house for 3 days and time to kill. I'm at 93 hours this pay period and still have a 9-12 hour long shift tomorrow....

"Insert clever phase here"
Trust me, if I thought you were free I would be looking for a way to waste some time.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:48 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Trust me, if I thought you were free I would be looking for a way to waste some time.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I hopefully will have some time Sunday, but I'm not holding my breath. Check your pms.

"Insert clever phase here"
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:49 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Pm's. Damn, what a diff differance an apostrophe makes...

"Insert clever phase here"
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
I always forget to check my PM's. Between texts and emails my PM box doesn't get any love.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
carlspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 24
Too bad you're not closer. I'd meet you for a drink. I don't know the last time I've been actually bored though to be honest. Always a project to do, some work to do to one of the other toys. I don't really run out, but if I get tired of working I'll fire up the xbox and hit up some gaming. I got Doom a week ago, which was pretty cool the one time I sat down and played for a bit. There is supposed to be a big *** storm today, so I'm sure I'll rekindle that.
__________________
Carl
Lots of F-Bodys and now...
'12 Sterling Gray 5.0 M6 w/ Brembos, 3.73s, Borla S-Type catback, and 15% tint
carlspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlspeed View Post
Too bad you're not closer. I'd meet you for a drink. I don't know the last time I've been actually bored though to be honest. Always a project to do, some work to do to one of the other toys. I don't really run out, but if I get tired of working I'll fire up the xbox and hit up some gaming. I got Doom a week ago, which was pretty cool the one time I sat down and played for a bit. There is supposed to be a big *** storm today, so I'm sure I'll rekindle that.
I keep waiting for the storms to roll through. It rained a good bit last night, but there has been nothing today. It's hot, humid, and miserable feeling outside. Rain would be nice.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:47 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
carlspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 24
It poured about forty minutes. Now its hot again and overcast. About best day for drinking lol
__________________
Carl
Lots of F-Bodys and now...
'12 Sterling Gray 5.0 M6 w/ Brembos, 3.73s, Borla S-Type catback, and 15% tint
carlspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who is spending V-Day Alone? Cajun JungleBoy The Bar 51 02-15-2007 02:56 PM
There is no way we are alone Brent The Bar 24 09-16-2006 03:58 PM
Finally pics of ole' red and Blackie Together, and alone. Matt'sredbeauty Pictures and Videos 16 03-01-2006 07:34 PM
woot im alone STEVE The Bar 4 07-05-2004 03:44 PM
Damn Ex won't leave me alone!!! Ken The Bar 11 01-02-2004 09:57 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:07 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.