Need For Speed :: Underground - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2003, 03:28 AM   #1
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Need For Speed :: Underground

So hows everyone doin' on there? All I've been doing on that game is the drifting. I'm still stuck on the first round of tracks on Underground. Just can't win that Lap Knockout.

I got a 13,541 on a single drift on time. First track, all the way around on it.
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2003, 09:48 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
huh? Whats that game?/ O thats right I have work to do and not play games
Old 12-29-2003, 10:11 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
NFS: Underground is one of the cool games that I would actually buy if I didnt already beat the damn thing . I like the game though, lots of replay value. If you're still stuck on the first set of 4 races, then damn, maybe you should keep that foot off the brake and just gas it the whole time. Remember... you can knock those bastards into the wall/tree/oncoming car just like they can you
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2003, 03:50 PM   #4
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

No, see what happens is i get loose on one curve and slide right into a tree or a wall or I lose cause the Lancer is so slow I can't catch up even when I use the R2 trick.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
What R2 trick?
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 04:34 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
that game is sweet ive beetin several courses im ranked like 6th in every area.. im drivin a celica.. dom what do u have it for ps2 or xbox? and also what car u drivin right now? i wish they woulda put some american cars on it instead of all imports, o well its still sweet
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 04:34 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

I beat the game without any "tricks" :

A suggestion... dont hit any trees. Modify your driving style and your driving line to win.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:41 PM   #8
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

This doen't work on drag. Only on Auto. If you hold the R2 button down on PS2, the car goes faster.

I'm on PS2. At first I had a Dodge Neon, but traded for a Mitshubishi Lancer. Sypder Body Kit. White Vinyl. StreetGlow Logo on front windshield. JSP logo on rear. Flyte wing. Painted dark blue. On Six Shooter rims painted chrome.

But for drifting I've been using my RX-7.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:45 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

:no:
Old 12-29-2003, 06:19 PM   #10
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
:no:
Leave me alone.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:24 PM   #11
Dan
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to Dan
ive had it a few days now. got a pimped out skyline with everything but the stage 3 nitrous. i think im getting close to the end because the races are really starting to suck!! why is it always you drive a perfect race and screw up at the very end of the last lap! i have thrown the controller a few times
My 3d Modeling Portfolio
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 06:24 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Dom, if you're asking advice on the game... the only advice I can give you is MODIFY your driving style. Having your R2 down may be causing you to go too fast, allowing your car to loose too much traction. Take your finger off man... you can win... I've beaten the game without R2... so it's possible.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:40 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
I beat the game without any "tricks" :

A suggestion... dont hit any trees. Modify your driving style and your driving line to win.

thats what i did as well.
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:29 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
how do u people beat it... im far threw it but the races are getting really hard..is the game the exact same for ps2 as xbox?
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Old 12-29-2003, 08:36 PM   #15
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

I got better. It was the Lancer. Started a new profile and bought a Neon. About stage 1 everything except the weight reduction, nitrous, and something else. I'm on the second set of four races. Just completed drift and drag and I'm calling it a night for that game.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:03 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

hey dom I am just thinkin that If i had time to playa game i would play that (i have played it at my buddys house its ok) but I work 2 jobs and O yeah no game system.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:00 PM   #17
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

I'm counting the days till I'm like you.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:32 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
I'm counting the days till I'm like you.
I will take that in a good way
Old 12-29-2003, 10:40 PM   #19
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

I meant working al the time. What did you think? :
Old 12-29-2003, 11:43 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
dam maybe the xbox version is hella easy but i had no trouble beating the game. only took me 3 days, 3 hours each night.i started with the civic, i used that tilkk the tiburon, souped up the tib, got a eclipse and souped up that until the rx7 came into play, changed to the rx7, then bought the Skyline, decided the skyline isnt stable enough at high speeds and went back to the rx7. i use the manual controls and its set to where i press up on the right stick to upshift, and press down to downshift, R1 is gas ans L` is brake. my favorite setup. my highest succesful droft to date is 78,000 but i was over 110,000 once but i just barely scratched a wall and it ended it, 1 1/2 laps of pure drifting motion. you need a car with rwd to drift properly, you can do it in a fwd but you need to use the handbrake when you turn to get it sideways. you also need to learn to play the game with a manual, thats why youre not winning. holding r2 just keeps it in the same gear for a ling time, right. just like a auto on gran turismo.besides with a manual you can get the cars with 6speed and 6speeds have better gear ratios and will fly by the competition.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:23 AM   #21
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
barely scratched a wall and it ended it
That sucks don't it. I did the same thing. Stock RX-7. Got a 12k....SMACK! right in the wall. :no:

The best way I found to do it is before you go into the turn swing it out and then in side the curve. RWD or AWD is best. I could never get hight than a 5k in a FWD car.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:42 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

nah the way to really do it big, is when youre driving, only use 1st and 2nd gear. if you go over 2nd youre gonna go to fast and lose control. who cares if you redline it to hell, its not gonna explode or anything. when you approach a turn, downshift it into 1st, thatll spin the tires and break the rear lose. then when youre almost sideways, shift it into 2nd and recorrect. if youre gonna lose it, you can also shift into 3rd. thatll stop the stin and make you go straight, then hit the brakes if youre going into a wall. you have to get the feel for the car to really learn how to drift it. the rx7 with all mods to it you dont need the ebrake anymore. shifting like this will make it spin. you have to learn how to make it spin just the right amount so you are using the cars weight transfer to go sideways. best way to learn is stop in the middle of the drift tracks, where there is a big open space. rev it up then pop the clutch, and do some doughnuts. after a while you can learn to do them with the wheels going straight, just using your vehicles weight and momentum to keep it going, then you can make the donuts wider by shifting into 2nd, and then 3rd(if you have the power) then you will get the feel of the car. i should know, drift mode is all i do now. learn to control your weight trasnfer by trying to get out of the donut and do a figure 8. once you can do this on command, you will be a much better drifter.

Old 12-30-2003, 04:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to heramb22 Send a message via Yahoo to heramb22
Geez I might have to go rent/buy this game. I hope it's better than midnight club II I thought that game really bit the big one. (too fake)

Parts for Sale VERY CHEAP!

SOLD - White Cobra rims, rear GT swaybar, ASP UD pulley, cleared headlights, full-length Densecharger, red calipers, MustangWorld billet grille, true dual exhaust w/ flowmaster 40's, MAC lowering springs (front), raised gas pedal, MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires, GT foglights, Steeda Tri-ax
heramb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:13 PM   #24
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I generally use auto for most of everything except drag. Guess that might be why.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:36 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Geez I might have to go rent/buy this game. I hope it's better than midnight club II I thought that game really bit the big one. (too fake)
heramb yea i would highly reccomend underground.. i own midnight club also but underground is a lot funner/better...more realistic too
Old 12-30-2003, 06:06 PM   #26
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

It's just on underground, the streets look like it just rained.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:03 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

hey dom what level are u on? like what our of /111?
im on 88 and its gettin so hard
Old 12-30-2003, 07:04 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

also what are u guys talkin about with rx-7? its got a worse top speed than the rsx that i have.. is it really a better car?
Old 12-30-2003, 08:48 PM   #29
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

The RX-7 is rear wheel drive. Rear wheel drive cars and all wheel drive cars do great if drifting cause you really don't need the e-brake. The 240SX will probally be the best to do it in.

I don't know what level I'm on. I'm at the second tournament. I keep getting up to 150+ and then this van appears out of nowhere. So I stopped playing for today. :no:
Old 12-30-2003, 11:28 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
I meant working al the time. What did you think? :
sorry its a late post, but i took it in the way that i think playin games is dumb, but yeah all i do is work. and work on computers now also but best of luck on the game
Old 12-30-2003, 11:47 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I bought the game this afternoon. Spend about an hour on it with the mazda miata and been having alot of fun. I'm on like 15/111 so I still got a lili bit to go.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:20 AM   #32
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

My Neon treats me right.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:59 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

i dont know i bought the rx-7 while i already had all stage 2 upgrades on the eclipse, so it just transferred them to the rx7 so it was hella fast already. dont let the top end fool you, its how fast you get there that counts. i dont think i have even topped out the skyline(except in a drag) on a track, the fastest i got was like 190 before i had to slam on the brakes.

me and my freind spent a day customizing EVERY car in the game, so theyre all custom, stage 3 upgrades on all. i tried the nissan 240 for drift, but it was too uncontrollable. it would overturn too easily and wanted to get sideways waaay too much to where it was unbearable to use it. i alsu used the skyline but its gearing is messed up for drifting, i would be in 1st and doing like 70 around the track, and i couldnt get it to spin as easily as the rx7. remember i said i used the rx7 for drift. i use my skyline for everything else. i topped out at 235 on one of the drags before i blew my engine(yeah it can be done, redline for a few seconds and this engine damage meter popps up) outta 3 people that have this game around my town with xbox, i am the only one whos beaten it. one guy is stuck on like 66 and the other cant get past 105 or something.

ahh and midnight club. i used to think it was the best thing till NFSU came out. all i do now is crusie the streets in the velocity or whatever(2nd fastest only to the jetcar) and look for things to do. maybe ill get xbox live we can have a "tbirdman teaches Drifting 101" lessons.

Old 12-31-2003, 10:13 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Pffpt... after playing it at my brothers house and beating it twice, I figured I was done with it... so he'll be returning the Game back to Blockbuster next week.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:55 PM   #35
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

God i must be a loser at this game.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar