Welp... going to Spain... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2018, 11:19 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Be sure to post some pictures!

That sounds like some pretty nice digs!
So what is the eta on your car and all of your household goods?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2018, 04:32 AM   #72
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Hhg probably 2nd week of feb. Calling about car today. Probably 3-4 more weeks

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #73
Staff
Regular
Staff

Ok, car is on the ocean transport, not sure if it just got on it or is about to hit port. Couldn't get the stupid gov't website to work in Chrome or IE or Firefox but works in Opera so whatever... Weird. Will be checking every day now to see when it hits port and then it gets on a car carrier to Spain from there. Going to likely have to re-up on the rental car one more month and then I'll get tax returns, get a beater, get the Mustang, get a few things for the house and then start enjoying the warmer weather that is coming in a few weeks.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2018, 12:27 AM   #74
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Thinking about this, it’d be pretty cool to have pics on the ship it’s coming over in. Or at least, pics as they are taking it off etc. That’s not something everyone experiences lol. Pretty damn cool.

IG: @ ab_mach1
Old 02-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #75
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol ship goes to Germany I'll never see it. It's going to be trucked from there.

Right now enjoying finally finding a section of servers on Nord that let me watch Prime over here so I can catch up on the Grand Tour and drink my 6 pack of Aldi German beer I got for 3,50€ lol.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #76
Staff
Regular
Staff

Also very good call on my part to keep the 3.27s. The main road from my town to the "city" is basically as fast as you can go with about 6 roundabouts and I've been thrashing the hell out of the rental golf i have. Fun run.

Old 02-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Are you saying that there is no speed limit on that road?

By the time that your car arrives to you, it will have traveled more than 5000 miles.
That's more miles than it has been driven during your entire ownership Scotty!
Old 02-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #78
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol yeah it will have lmao. Didn't even think of that.

Basically its a 120kph (about 80) speed limit but there are 0 cops, there are warnings for where the speed cameras are (there aren't actually any on this road) and there are about 6 roundabouts. Going to be my go-to "fun" road when the Mustang gets here.

As for the rest of my house... cannot wait till all my household goods and the Mustang show up getting really sick of a crap bed and a 32" TV although I got lucky as hell and got one of the "Unicorn" AFN high definition decoders so all the AFN channels are full blown Satellite HD. This is in addition to all the HD stuff I stream. Just got my fiber installed, speedtest about 225/225 for $70USD a month, phones are about $40USD a month so that's cutting my communications bill I had in the states by 2/3 for internet 3x as fast and way better cell coverage.

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop... like the Mustang is dented or my brand new rims are chewed up or something... things are going a little too well...
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2018, 10:01 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I'm getting anxious for your car to arrive after reading this. It's going to be a great time for you.
Automatic transmission mod when I can afford it LOL
Top Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:04 AM   #80
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah me too... actually debating making it my only car here now that I've been here. As long as I don't need to drive it into actual Rota (never will) and make sure to park it sensibly when I go into any other location. But still looking for a beater.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:09 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

^^^ Good idea, till you get to know the area better. Use the beater.
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #82
Staff
Regular
Staff

Im finding the area fine... but rental car prices are KILLING me and I can't find a decent $1500 beater. I've seen them but just always miss out. I'll figure it out...

Old 02-07-2018, 05:46 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

By getting to know the area better I meant to keep your Horse safe.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #84
Staff
Regular
Staff

Had to turn in the Golf rental car today... for a base model Fiesta. Lol I didn't know how good I had it in that Golf. I mean the Fiesta is fine and all... but sloooooooooooooooooooow and clunky and no bluetooth or touchscreen. Its better than a $1500 beater tho and just waiting till the Stang gets here. TBTH renting is cheap here, its only like $250USD for the whole month. That's basically like leasing. But I do need to find a beater, probably will find one during "PCS season" when everyone is leaving.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:34 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Had to turn in the Golf rental car today... for a base model Fiesta. Lol I didn't know how good I had it in that Golf. I mean the Fiesta is fine and all... but sloooooooooooooooooooow and clunky and no bluetooth or touchscreen. Its better than a $1500 beater tho and just waiting till the Stang gets here. TBTH renting is cheap here, its only like $250USD for the whole month. That's basically like leasing. But I do need to find a beater, probably will find one during "PCS season" when everyone is leaving.
Hahahaha you are gonna be sooo happy when that Mustang gets there!
Old 02-09-2018, 10:10 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

What do your choices for a beater car look like over there?
I'm sort of envisioning a French diesel car...
Old 02-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #87
Staff
Regular
Staff

Pretty much... Citroen Xsara or some Peugeot or Fiat.

The good news is a rental is about $200-$250 USD per month if I leave a hefty deposit block (on a CC so no biggie) so I might just rent for a bit. PCS season is coming up so I can always wait till all the cars are for sale...

Old 02-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #88
Staff
Regular
Staff

Household goods are getting here Friday... THANK GOD... Mustang arrived at the port in Germany a few days ago so hopefully next week...

Old 02-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Household goods are getting here Friday... THANK GOD... Mustang arrived at the port in Germany a few days ago so hopefully next week...
Holy cow! Just read this thread for the first time from start. What an awesome experience for you and the family. Gripping thread.

Now I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear how the mustang comes through this and hearing about the reunion. If I find it exciting I can't even come close to imagining how you and your wife are feeling about now. (car and household goods....maybe not just car.) Hoping it all comes together perfectly.

Maybe start a photo album and fill it with pictures of people taking pictures of your mustang. I'll bet there will be a few of those.

Wishing you and the family a really great time.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:28 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Oh boy it's close now! So exciting!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-14-2018, 03:13 PM   #91
Staff
Regular
Staff

Beer at McDonalds... It's the small details that make life worth living...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1518642757693.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	253537  

Old 02-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't know that Lipton and Coke made beer. I wonder why they don't sell it in the States? Tee Hee.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:16 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Better yet, check the prices.

Beer cheaper than water. Huge LOL.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:41 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

What is a "Cake and Go"?
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #95
Staff
Regular
Staff

Its cake... to go...

In other news the Mustang is on a shipping truck on the way to Rota FINALLY. From Bremerhaven to Rota its like a 30 hour drive so figure I'll hopefully get notified it shows up at the VPC sometime next week. I am getting le-excite but I am really REALLY worried something will be dinged or damaged or... something... here's hoping.

Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

I know this is mean and torturous, however, when my brother transferred from Guam to T.I. Frisco, we watched them unload his motorcycle and the car that was unloaded ahead of his on the ship was a 66 Vette and we watched them drop it from about 70 feet onto another car. The Vette exploded upon impact. It was quite something to witness. Needless to say my brother was a little nervous about his Bike.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar