"The Fight" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
"The Fight"

I know I know. I hear all the "experts" say it wont be a fight. I have watched boxing since I was 10, although admittedly it has fallen out of favor with me in recent years. I have watched MMA since it was a completely different sport than it is now. I can NOT WAIT for McGregor Mayweather. I hope the wife beater gets a butt whooping but we will just have to see.

One thing is for certain the build up is a blast. If you didnt see the 20 minutes on stage yesterday YouTube it!
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2017, 09:24 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Pay per view only, right?
I don't think that I'll risk any $$'s on a sporting event that could be over in mere seconds.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Won't ever pay for one of Floyd's fights. 75% of so of what you pay to PPV goes directly to him. I'm not basically handing a convicted serial woman batterer money sorry. I hope his taxes that he's having trouble paying eventually catch up to him, karma is a *****.

At any rate, I hope McGregor either gets lucky and lands a KO (doubt it) or... if McGregor just says "screw it" and goes in and beats the **** out of him MMA style and gets DQ'd.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Connor isn't as dumb as he pretends. He knows what he is getting into. Connor should have this fight without a problem. He is faster, lighter on his feet, and hits harder than Mayweather.

I'm not paying to see the fight. I will head out to a local sports bar and enjoy the action.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Nah, Floyd has the record he has for a reason but... he is old and cocky... I'll try to see if I can get a good Kodi stream but so will every other damn person who has Kodi lol. If not I'll see the replay on Youtube pretty much right after it happens or someone will have it on Periscope.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Nah, Floyd has the record he has for a reason but... he is old and cocky... I'll try to see if I can get a good Kodi stream but so will every other damn person who has Kodi lol. If not I'll see the replay on Youtube pretty much right after it happens or someone will have it on Periscope.
Twitter and periscope. You have to love it.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I expect/hope McGregor takes care of him. I like the sport more, I like the governing body more and I REALLY wanna see the woman beater get his but whooped! Toronto press conference was great, lol. NY wasn't anything.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I honestly see this being Floyd's fight to lose. No denying he is the best defense boxer ever. That being said I know Connor is going to be like no other guy he has ever faced. Also a southpaw, Floyd has had a few issues with lefty's before. I don't want Floyd to win because of his personality and out of the ring actions. The way I see it going is Connor will start out guns blazing... if he doesn't get the punchers advantage inside 4-5 rounds I see him being dead tired. Then a play toy for Floyd to dance around the rest of the bout. I'm like you guys.. I'll be rooting for Connor but it's hard for me to believe Floyd will lose.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Floyd will likely be knocked out. Connor is much quicker.

Connor proved his power when he fought Diaz. The Diaz brothers are dysfunctional in my opinion. Those boys can take a relentless beating and ask for more. Connor stuck with it.

I wouldn't mind Floyd getting an accidental high kick to the temple. Lol
Old 07-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

One think I noticed when looking into this is the boxing ring is SMALLER than a UFC ring. Thought that was odd and probably a plus for McGregor. 10oz glozes helps Mayweather. I think if he runs and dances like usual McGregor, who will have the crowd behind him, will tease and taunt Mayweather for it. IF he can bait him into close and or dirty boxing then he has a really good chance. If Mayweather plays the points game and runs around he has it hands down.

McGregor has taken some hard shots with little MMA gloves including Diaz who was a MUCH bigger fighter and is has power so I can't see a way McGregor gets knocked out.

Plus if it goes 12... Mayweather wins on the card. McGregor wins in everyones minds.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:02 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

I honestly don't think McGregor has a chance in hell in a BOXING match. We'll see. I don't like the racist **** McGregor is saying on this stupid *** tour they are doing even tho Mayweather has said its fine. Honestly I think the whole thing is scripted and they both sign off on pretty much everything the other says beforehand.

Regardless, Floyd's domestic abuse *** needs to get kicked, either by McGregor or... more likely... when he is broke in 10 years from a lavish lifestyle and piss poor investment choices like so many other athletes.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If Mayweather stays planted and tries to bang with McGregor, Mayweather could easily get KO'd. McGregor is simply physically larger and too heavy handed for Mayweather to get caught by more than a few solid shots without getting rocked. Also, McGregor is a southpaw, Floyd has had issues in the past fighting lefties, not that he's ever lost against one but I think he has lost more rounds against southpaws than orthodox fighters.

That said, Mayweather is one hell of a good "boxer". While not a puncher, the guy knows how to box against big punchers and make them look silly. I don't think many people could argue that the guy isn't an extremely gifted and smart "boxer". Just look at the Canelo Alvarez fight. Alvarez is one of the strongest punchers in his division and Mayweather just dodged and fired back all night.

I'm curious as to how much the agreed upon weight will play a factor in McGregor's power. At 155, he seemed to be noticeably down on power than when he was at 170. Supposedly his natural weight is somewhere around 175 - 190 lbs. That is a lot of weight to cut, not that he hasn't done it before but it will be a factor. Also, the 10 oz. gloves. As someone who has boxed and fought MMA, 10 oz gloves can zap a ton of power from smaller fighters. I've had friends who were in these guys' weight class and with 4oz MMA gloves or bare knuckles, could put most people to sleep. Throw some 10's or 12's on them and they can tee off on someone for a good while without hurting the other person. The smaller fighters just don't have that initial impact behind their shots like they do with smaller gloves. I still think McGregor has a better shot at KO'ing Floyd than Floyd does KO'ing McGregor. I just don't see McGregor having more power than Canelo Alvarez and look how that turned out.

One other thing is their foot work. Conor isn't a professional boxer and hasn't really trained like one. So it will be interesting to see how much of his MMA footwork comes into play when he is used to not hopping around like a lot of boxers do. Then again, Floyd has some of best footwork in boxing. So ... who knows. It will be interesting.

I can see Floyd making it to the end and pulling off a one sided victory. I would much rather see Floyd get scraped off the canvas after taking a left hook from McGregor but I doubt it will happen. Given McGregor's history of coming out and landing the first shot, it's likely going to be interesting from the first bell.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
If Mayweather stays planted and tries to bang with McGregor, Mayweather could easily get KO'd. McGregor is simply physically larger and too heavy handed for Mayweather to get caught by more than a few solid shots without getting rocked. Also, McGregor is a southpaw, Floyd has had issues in the past fighting lefties, not that he's ever lost against one but I think he has lost more rounds against southpaws than orthodox fighters.

That said, Mayweather is one hell of a good "boxer". While not a puncher, the guy knows how to box against big punchers and make them look silly. I don't think many people could argue that the guy isn't an extremely gifted and smart "boxer". Just look at the Canelo Alvarez fight. Alvarez is one of the strongest punchers in his division and Mayweather just dodged and fired back all night.

I'm curious as to how much the agreed upon weight will play a factor in McGregor's power. At 155, he seemed to be noticeably down on power than when he was at 170. Supposedly his natural weight is somewhere around 175 - 190 lbs. That is a lot of weight to cut, not that he hasn't done it before but it will be a factor. Also, the 10 oz. gloves. As someone who has boxed and fought MMA, 10 oz gloves can zap a ton of power from smaller fighters. I've had friends who were in these guys' weight class and with 4oz MMA gloves or bare knuckles, could put most people to sleep. Throw some 10's or 12's on them and they can tee off on someone for a good while without hurting the other person. The smaller fighters just don't have that initial impact behind their shots like they do with smaller gloves. I still think McGregor has a better shot at KO'ing Floyd than Floyd does KO'ing McGregor. I just don't see McGregor having more power than Canelo Alvarez and look how that turned out.

One other thing is their foot work. Conor isn't a professional boxer and hasn't really trained like one. So it will be interesting to see how much of his MMA footwork comes into play when he is used to not hopping around like a lot of boxers do. Then again, Floyd has some of best footwork in boxing. So ... who knows. It will be interesting.

I can see Floyd making it to the end and pulling off a one sided victory. I would much rather see Floyd get scraped off the canvas after taking a left hook from McGregor but I doubt it will happen. Given McGregor's history of coming out and landing the first shot, it's likely going to be interesting from the first bell.
Damn dude... good takes all the way around lol.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Alright guys the fight is closing in! Any new opinions? Who all is gonna watch it?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'm gonna try to Kodi it for curiosity reasons. Not paying any money where 75% of it ill go direct to a convicted domestic batterer. This whole thing is just a **** show, it's not even a real fight tbth.

Only thing I am hoping is some sponsor somewhere has McGregor lined up with more money than he'll actually make from the fight to go MMA on Mayweather and beat the hell out of him that way and get DQ'd. Mayweather gets his 50-0, we all get to see him busted up, McGregor gets paid and can say he beat Mayweather's *** etc... Everyone wins.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #16
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
don't care about this at all, but I heard it's $150!!!! I'll pay that much for a show but it has to be in person not on a screen
Old 08-25-2017, 02:26 PM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lots of bars are making a killing on this. Charging a cover when they normally don't have one and only have to pay the fee once for as many ppl as fire code allows. Plus all the alcohol they'll sell.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I looked at the price earlier and was sure it was $100. I'm probably wrong. Althought it's being splitting between around 10 of us so it's not gonna hurt the pocketbook any here. I definitely wouldn't spend morethsn 20-30 for it. Heck it might end in seconds

Old 08-25-2017, 02:35 PM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

Won't end in seconds since Mayweather is going to just avoid McGregor the whole time and McGregor is too durable to get KO'd IMO. Eh... i'll figure out some way to see it free lol. Kodi, someone will have it on Periscope, some pirate feed...

Old 08-25-2017, 03:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lots of bars are making a killing on this. Charging a cover when they normally don't have one and only have to pay the fee once for as many ppl as fire code allows. Plus all the alcohol they'll sell.
I don't plan on drinking anything other than water, but if I watch the fight this is the route I am going.

Being in the music business has its perks. I get to watch a lot of fights at venues that I book bands with. No charge except the gas it takes to get there.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Won't end in seconds since Mayweather is going to just avoid McGregor the whole time and McGregor is too durable to get KO'd IMO. Eh... i'll figure out some way to see it free lol. Kodi, someone will have it on Periscope, some pirate feed...
If you find a live feed, send me a link.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

This fight is hard to call. It is a battle of ego more than strategy. Both guys have an ego that is larger than life. I think Mayweather has a bigger chip on his shoulder though. Connor likes to work his way into an opponent's head.

Connor is used to being hit with 4oz MMA gloves. In Boxing the gloves are closed fist, 12oz, leather wrapped pillows compared to MMA gloves.

Mayweather has the advantage in this fight. McGregor is about to be in an alien world. Floyd is in his element. Add in the confidence of never being beat. Mayweather is dangerous.

I really want to see Connor win this. I would love to see him throw a one punch knockout. That would be pure history, and guarantee another fight.

Connor is quicker than Floyd, but he does not have the fluid boxing skills that Mayweather has. I hope McGregor has been able to spar with Anderson Silva. Silva is the closest man I can think of in regard to defense to Floyd Mayweather. You can clearly see the Ali influence.

The largest advantage for Connor is in a single attack defense. He only needs to worry about the hands of Mayweather. Floyd isn't going for a takedown. Clinches will be quickly separated, and plenty of rest will be had. There are no knees or elbows to worry about. His feet will stay planted on the floor.

I wouldn't mind a "missed" punch thrown by McGregor that "accidentally" lands a slicing elbow. I am not a Mayweather fan.

The win in this leans heavily on Mayweather because this is his wheelhouse. However, my vote goes for the ginger bearded Irishman. I really do want to see another one punch knockout. He shocked everyone with it during his fight with Aldo.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:57 PM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I don't plan on drinking anything other than water, but if I watch the fight this is the route I am going.

Being in the music business has its perks. I get to watch a lot of fights at venues that I book bands with. No charge except the gas it takes to get there.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

If you find a live feed, send me a link.
I'm gonna be on Kodi. If I cared enough to pay for SET TV I'd have it for sure but I'd rather have my legal $35/mo with all the channel logins and HBO than $20 a month of pirate Canadian TV lol.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:24 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

The only way that the wife beater will lose, is if enough people don't purchase the pay for view. Otherwise he will walk away with a large check, maybe enough to pay the IRS off.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:38 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
The only way that the wife beater will lose, is if enough people don't purchase the pay for view. Otherwise he will walk away with a large check, maybe enough to pay the IRS off.
The screwed up thing about Mayweather's IRS neglect is that you, me, or anyone else would have our wages garnished, assets seized, and most likely get jail time. Mayweather owes more in taxes than most earn in their working life.

What makes Floyd so special? How does he get to avoid the IRS, drive new exotic cars, etc.

Wesley Snipes is famous. He is considered wealthy. Snipes' fame did not keep him out of jail.

So why is Mayweather free to do as he pleases? Why does the wife beater get a free ride?

I'm not judging Floyd, just stating facts and asking questions.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just ready for McGregor to get fed up with being unable to hit Mayweather and go full MMA and throw a roundhouse that lands flush on the side of Floyd's head.

Also, is this considered an exhibition or an actual fight? I just don't see how this could give Mayweather his 50-0 record when McGregor isn't a professional boxer.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:05 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

It's an exhibition, but still considered as a win or loss.

...and McGregor will get a good shot in. Hopefully a one punch KO.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:32 PM   #27
Staff
Regular
Staff

No idea. Mayweather could get up to $250M from this fight or something but... the dude has gotten multiple $50-$100M checks in the last 10 years. If the has trouble paying his taxes now all I can hope for (yes I'm not above it) is that he is broke and then jailed in 10 years. Current spending habits and everything I read about him supports this.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:40 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Scotty, I agree, Mayweather may be broke due to spending habits.

When he was asked if the McGregor fight was about the money he responded without hesitation and said, "yes".

I will box with both of those guys for a few million and a short training period. Who wouldn't? There is no chance of me weighing in at 154lbs though.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:28 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

It doesn't look like I am heading anywhere tonight. Keep me updated boys.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:04 PM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol Kodi is terrible, every swinging dick is trying to watch, all the feeds are freezing. Periscope to the rescue if I even make it to the fight starting at like 12:30 eastern or 1 or something.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:14 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I think the main event is scheduled for 11:30et

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

You will have to explain Periscope to me.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:56 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

A PPV delay. There's a lot of money being made somewhere.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:51 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

...and I'm disappointed.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:22 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Conor did one helluva job for several rounds. You could tell around round 6 he was breathing heavy and was slowing down. Mayweather was a completely different boxer, he didn't run. He charged all night, stayed close and wore conor out. A lot of people are upset that the ref called it, they should be glad he did. In the 9nth conor almost went down, in the 10nth he was gassed. There's no way he could of made it to the end of round 12 let alone finish the 10nth. Had conor still had energy in the last few rounds it would of been interesting.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:01 AM   #35
Staff
Regular
Staff

Went to bed early, didn't care to have to keep jumping Periscope feeds as they got taken down and Kodi was a no go as I've been predicting all week.

Seems like what everyone was predicting was wrong and the fight was at least worth the money unlike the Pacquiao fight. Whatever, I wasn't paying for it either way. And the last thing I consider fun is going to a crowded *** bar and overpaying for food and drinks to watch it. Bleh...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar