Think this is a good job? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-10-2004, 05:04 PM   #1
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Think this is a good job?

Went to the local motorcycle shop to see the Cody Project today, and me and my dad were talking to the owner and I asked if she was hiring. She said because of insurance I couldn't work in the shop, and with my school hours, she'd be paying me for about an hour.

But she did say I could sell parts for them on stuff like eBay and localy. Sell gaskets, graphics, and other stuff to and work on comission.

It would be an off to the side job. I would just be worry about getting stuck on eBay cause I would be the middle man. But she did say along the line of 500 bucks a month.

Would you take it?
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2004, 05:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Only if she promises to give you a real job when you're 18.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
no people get screwed online and if something happens than its ur fault.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2004, 05:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
i'm kinda with smokedya, but being the middle man is tempting... it can be very profitable. interesting deal.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

only if you have great communication with the shop. as long as they consider you "part of the team" or whatnot, then go for it. youre in trouble being the middle man only if you dont have correspondance with the shop.

only sell stuff they have in stock, and you can get out 2min after the auction has closed.

only sell stuff that you know will be there when it closes. dont list a hat or something that you only have 1 left of unless the you talk to the shop owner and they know youre listing that on ebay and for them not to sell it in their shop.

but that goes back to the communication. i think it could be a great job. $500/month isnt a lot, but being able to work at home on your own hours is a big plus.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:16 PM   #6
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
$500/month isnt a lot,
Is alot when you've never had a job.

Quote:
only if you have great communication with the shop. as long as they consider you "part of the team" or whatnot, then go for it. youre in trouble being the middle man only if you dont have correspondance with the shop.
I can be at the shop in five minutes if I had too. I wanna say its 3 miles away. I'd make sure I was part of the team and sold locally before I sold over the net.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:27 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

then i would go for it.

how old are you? i always had you pegged as like an 18yr old, but i think im way off from stuff you have said in this thread.

anyway, as long as you save some of the $500/month its not bad. my first job i was making $5.50/hr working 20-25hrs a week which was right at $500/month and i saved a lot but still never felt like i had enough.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:13 PM   #8
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
just remember that dealing with people can be a ***** sometimes too... some people are not easy to deal with and youll need to be able to handle yourself. On the contrary, 500 bucks extra per month for sacrificing an hour a night online isnt bad at all... id consider it.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:29 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Remember when your doing the online thing you will have to learn the product and what the top sellers are, you will have to do some research on ebay for what the top selling items might be that the shop has in stock for you to be selling...and find out if the shop is going to pay for the shipping of these items, and not expect you to do this...you can be upside down in a sale almost equals your selling item....and then again if the shipping is more than the item you can make out better than too.

It can be very profitable, my wife did this sorta thing over ebay for about 2.5yrs when my bro in law bought gov't equipment such as outdated pc's and old computers and lab equipment and so forth... made pretty good money for a while.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:24 PM   #10
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
how old are you? i always had you pegged as like an 18yr old, but i think im way off from stuff you have said in this thread.
16. Can you believe it. I know I'm not old enough for eBay. Might try to get the whole selling thing on her website and try to run it for her and sell locally.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar