Rice. Your definition of. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2004, 11:42 PM   #1
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Rice. Your definition of.

The word gets thrown around alot on the internet. I just wanted to see what every ones definition or view is.

For me, it's that guy who thinks his stock Civic/Intergra/Cavi/ect. thinks his car is the sh*t and he can beat anything. I don't think that car that is a few different colors of primier is rice, I think it's a work in progress.
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2004, 11:49 PM   #2
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
oh god... these threads always get blown outta proportion

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 11:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Rice is a subjective, un-defineable term. Nobody will ever agree on it's meaning. Ever.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2004, 11:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Main Entry: rice
Pronunciation: 'rIs
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English rys, from Old French ris, from Old Italian riso, from Greek oryza, oryzon, of Iranian origin; akin to Pashto wrize rice; akin to Sanskrit vrIhi rice
Date: 13th century
: the starchy seeds of an annual cereal grass (Oryza sativa) that are cooked and used for food; also : this cereal grass that occurs in southeastern Asia and is widely cultivated in warm climates for its seeds and by-products
Old 01-19-2004, 11:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDonkey
Main Entry: rice
Well there you go. :thumb2:
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:03 AM   #6
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
oh god... these threads always get blown outta proportion
Well, if everyone can stay cool, it won't.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to Shahrum
You're asking for too much I'm affraid...
Shahrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

rice has a huge definition..its kinda just a generalization..

basically like a car that is slow that is made to look fast(body kit big wing rims etc..) but has no REAL performance mods(cai and exahust dont count)

a car that was ****tily put together, IE unpainted body kit, mismatched body parts, body kit/lower but stock rims nothing but huge wing, altezzas etc..

Atleasts, thats IMO. And most of the people I talk to.

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:36 AM   #9
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
but it is definately possible to rice out a ferrari....
Old 01-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
I don't know about that; the people who own ferraris aren't likely to do much to them. Why spend $100k+ on an exotic performance car, then put another piece on it? It's complete as-is, unless you're racing it.

And besides,
how many fartcans are out there for a 360 spyder?
Old 01-21-2004, 12:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to greenflash00
Rice- The modification of any motor vehicle that makes the viewer scoff and laugh in an uncontrolable manner. This laugher is due to the mis-modification of the car in the form or tacky wings, emblems, sticker, rims, or body kits. Furthermore, any part that looks utterly ridicluous and gives the driver a sense of speed that simply does not exist is considered rice.

Thats my definition from the Dictionary of GREENFLASH00
Gt takeoff exhaust with Flowtech Warlock mufflers, Mac CAI, ASP UDP, Flex Phenolic Spacers, 17 by 9 Cobra R's, 275/40s all around, FMS C-Springs, Tokico shocks and struts, FMS T-loc, FMS 4.10 gears, fordchip, 3000 stall PI tq converter, B&M Supercooler, and some various appearance stuff.
greenflash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:50 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
I don't know about that; the people who own ferraris aren't likely to do much to them. Why spend $100k+ on an exotic performance car, then put another piece on it? It's complete as-is, unless you're racing it.

And besides,
how many fartcans are out there for a 360 spyder?
Tim Duncan put some assymetrical ugly *** rims and made his Ferrari look ugly in other ways too that i forget... Ferrari blackballed him from buying another new one.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:14 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
you might be a ricer if........

if your performance parts supplier starts with pep and ends with boys, you might be a ricer.

if you think adding a intake to your car makes you hang with corvettes, you might be a ricer

if you have more money invested in the "custom" stickers on the side of your car, than the car is actually worth, you might be a ricer

if youve ever said "itll save you 4lbs, and give you better traction for the holeshot", you might be a ricer.

if your list of mods goes in order of appearance on the cars from fast and the furious., you might be a ricer.

if your exhaust note makes more noise than your screaming little sister when you set fire to her barbies, you might be a ricer.

if you really think the 420A turboe'd green eclipse from fast and the furious can actually be a 10 second car, you might be a ricer.

if you add a wing to the back of your car, for that added downforce when youre racing jeff gordon, you might be a ricer.

if you have dual exhaust, and only one muffler is hooked up, the other is hanging there for show, you might be a ricer.

i think the term ricer is for those stupid *** high school kids who get their mommies hand me down accord, put a "fart cannon" and a filter, some altezzas and think they can run 12's and blow away camaros and mustangs. the kids who think there is actually a performance gain from a body kit.

now i like body kits, some of them are just tacky, but none the less, anything stock is just boring. sure i have a import, but im not gonna add no "super wing" or no "fart cannon" or ebay fake turbo whistle. i have the real thing. a real turbo, a real wing and maybe tommorow a real nice exhaust. ive raced so many "ricers" in the past week im actually bored of it. once the kiddies see a GST eclipse, they speed up and pace me like theyve got something to prove. then after they hear the REAL psst of a actual BOV they ask if its a turbo. DUH did you not see the GST emblems on the side when you were pulling up? so i beat them bad, make them cry to mommy. maybe mommy will buy them a "short throw" so they could hang better.

on a side note, i just installed my Halo Reverse Guages today. they are badass. i even took the time to do a real install and wired them to my headlights, not have them ghetto hooked up so i have a seperate switch for them. itll look alot better when all the dash lights are either blue or red.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:15 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
RICE

Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancement

There can be a performance gain, not a HP gain, from a body kit. But only if you're going a lot faster than the typical ricer can.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:54 AM   #15
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenflash00
Rice- The modification of any motor vehicle that makes the viewer scoff and laugh in an uncontrolable manner. This laugher is due to the mis-modification of the car in the form or tacky wings, emblems, sticker, rims, or body kits. Furthermore, any part that looks utterly ridicluous and gives the driver a sense of speed that simply does not exist is considered rice.

Thats my definition from the Dictionary of GREENFLASH00

thats actually an awesome defanitition... props :thumb2:

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:16 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to greenflash00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
thats actually an awesome defanitition... props :thumb2:
Thanks
Gt takeoff exhaust with Flowtech Warlock mufflers, Mac CAI, ASP UDP, Flex Phenolic Spacers, 17 by 9 Cobra R's, 275/40s all around, FMS C-Springs, Tokico shocks and struts, FMS T-loc, FMS 4.10 gears, fordchip, 3000 stall PI tq converter, B&M Supercooler, and some various appearance stuff.
greenflash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:33 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: you might be a ricer if........

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
if your performance parts supplier starts with pep and ends with boys, you might be a ricer.

if you think adding a intake to your car makes you hang with corvettes, you might be a ricer

if you have more money invested in the "custom" stickers on the side of your car, than the car is actually worth, you might be a ricer

if youve ever said "itll save you 4lbs, and give you better traction for the holeshot", you might be a ricer.

if your list of mods goes in order of appearance on the cars from fast and the furious., you might be a ricer.

if your exhaust note makes more noise than your screaming little sister when you set fire to her barbies, you might be a ricer.

if you really think the 420A turboe'd green eclipse from fast and the furious can actually be a 10 second car, you might be a ricer.

if you add a wing to the back of your car, for that added downforce when youre racing jeff gordon, you might be a ricer.

if you have dual exhaust, and only one muffler is hooked up, the other is hanging there for show, you might be a ricer.

If you got your wing out of a Boeing Aircraft parts catalogue. You might be a ricer.

If ther is anything on your car you picked up a home depot. You might be a ricer.

If hanging from your rearview mirror is anything you bought a walmart in the auto area that cost less than $ 2.00. You might be a ricer.

If you wear a tennis visor driving your honda in the winter. You might be a ricer.

If you have worn at any time multiple chains or medallions or have a MR T starter set. You might be a ricer.

If you use Gang hand signs with your buddies acting like thugs and dont even know what the signs mean you might be a ricer.

If you act like like a gangster and wear gang cloths but you are white and your parents are well to do and you live in a big house you might be a ricer. Hell you are the reason abortion is needed!!!!

If you Exhaust pipe is bigger than the barrel of a MIAI Abrams Battle tank. You might be a ricer.

If your car sounds like a supercharged weedeater. You might be a ricer.

If you have any asian writing on your car. You might be a ricer.

If you at any time have yelled out in public IMPORTS RULE. You might be a ricer.

if your Honda is so low to the ground you have to come to a complete stop driving down a congested road to prevent from scraping on a small bump in the road. You might be a ricer.

If every mod done to your 82 honda cost more than the car did. You might be a ricer.

If you used a spray can of paint to paint your rims black or neon color. You might be a ricer.

If you have actually put 2 fast 2 furious on your car with mail box stickers. You might be a ricer.

If you have ever pulled up next to me in a 82 blue honda 4 door civic with a giant aluminum wing, jumbo fart cannon, mega decals and stickers, glowing window washer sprayers, crappy window tinting, APC window banner.and you were pointing and laughing at me until the light changed and left you so far behind I actually got off on the side of the road got out and pointed and laughed as you went buy. YOU ARE A RICER
Old 01-21-2004, 12:01 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
If you have ever pulled up next to me in a 82 blue honda 4 door civic with a giant aluminum wing, jumbo fart cannon, mega decals and stickers, glowing window washer sprayers, crappy window tinting, APC window banner.and you were pointing and laughing at me until the light changed and left you so far behind I actually got off on the side of the road got out and pointed and laughed as you went buy. YOU ARE A RICER
hahahaha
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 07:52 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
If your car sounds like a supercharged weedeater. You might be a ricer.
nicely done..in my opinion rice is anything that has many visual addons that make it look gayer then before.
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar