Why you might not want an SRT 4, copied from modularfords.co - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2004, 12:03 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Why you might not want an SRT 4, copied from modularfords.co

NO, this did not happen to me, thank goodness, I don't know who it happened to, but I feel sorry for him, I think he should sue this dealership, what do you think?? Taken from a web board on the net

thursday around 2pm, I was test driving my soon to be new 04 srt-4 from a local dealership.I switched places with the salesmen to return to the lot. The salesmen was behind the wheel driving down Earliesville Rd. He was going way too fast and lost control, going through a fence then rolling the car 4 times. The result..A few stiches in his face and some cut and brusies. Me on the other hand wasnt so lucky. The fence rail went though the front windshield, hit me in the face, pealing my face from the nose to my ear away from my scull. I lost so much blood in the car before I was pulled out, I almost died on the scene. After 3 days in the hospital, 2 plastic surguries, and masive nerve grafting I am home tonight. I look like the freekin eliphant man.My family and I ask to pray for us, as My recovery is FAR from over. Here are the pics.. some are graffic
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2004, 12:08 AM   #2
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
yeah I saw that somewhere befor, that is so messed up, i bet he owns that dealership when this is over (owns, not p0wnez mind you)
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 12:29 AM   #3
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Doesn't surprise me about the SRT4. It's a Neon through and through. They can't handle wrecks. The fold up. That's what they're meant to do. Absorb the impact so you don't have to.
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2004, 12:47 AM   #4
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
neons suck

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
Absorb the impact so you don't have to.
apparantly that neon forgot the "so you don't have to" part....
Old 01-25-2004, 01:27 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

it sucks, but its not just the neon's fault here. you take any reasonable passenger car and have it roll over 4 times and have a fence post go thru the windshield. the mustang's or even a volvo's windshild isnt inpenetrable.

i feel for the guy, but its not the neon's fault. sure a volvo would have held up a little better in the rolls, but a neon, a mustang, a civic, any base "sports" car if you will, will have the same effect.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:31 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i think if you roll ANY car 4 times its gonna be pretty fked up. im pretty sure even my big *** tbird would be in many different shapes after it was done. that sucks about that guy. lol rick i didnt read the disclaimer that it wasnt you and i started to ****, but then looked up and read. that would totally suck. id sue the hell outta the dealership, have them include a couple vipers and rams and durangoes in the deal, and call it even. we are talking about a dodge dealership? well anyway, crappy story. wanna hear another crappy one..........

i lost a race for the first time tonight. well i knew i was gonna get owned. a newer camaro SS pulled next to me at a light. he yells "got a turbo?" i go "does it not say GST for nothing?" he goes"making sure youre not a poser riceboy, like the others." so we run and he pulls on me right off the line. i knew it but eh ill go just to see. we pull up next light. he goes "sorry i forgot to tell you its not just a SS, its a SSS" im like "umm a supergharged SS?" he nods :yes: so i go i wanna see and we pull over and take looks at eachothers ride. it was all good. one of the more "mature" V8 owners out there. never once did he say imports are gay. he agreed that with about 5 grand into turbo/intercooler/electronics that hed have trouble with me. so it was cool.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 04:15 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Give me a break. The fencepost went thru the windshield and nailed the guy in the face. Nobodys car on this site would have done better. My wife used to own a Neon. It got rearended once, well more than once, but in this incident the person who rearended her was doing about 55 and smacked into her as she sat at a stopsign. My wife, and three daughters were in the car. They all survived with very minor injuries, the Neon was hurt but got fixed. So those of you that say "Neons suck" or "can't take a hit", don't know much.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:09 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
lol some of u guys are sounding pretty dumb here. I test drove an srt yesterday I CANT WAIT TO GET IT. We got en down to 377 a month which is too high for me. They r gonna call us again on monday. We didnt even get the car up in the boost and man does it pull im so excited. My dad is gonna try to work em down. Those suckers flat out pullllllll
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:11 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
So those of you that say "Neons suck" or "can't take a hit", don't know much.

Steve

Most true statement of the week right there.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:12 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
neons do crumple up, but every car has guidlines they have to follow set by the government basically, so no matter what, a car will hold up to a certain amout of "abuse"

even my fox body bird wouldnt be happy after 4 rolls, i dont think any car would
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:52 AM   #12
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclesFromBrussels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
So those of you that say "Neons suck" or "can't take a hit", don't know much.

Steve

Most true statement of the week right there.
im just messin around hence the wink....

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:56 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

I mainly reprinted this one for the benifit of ole Muscles from Brussles, but I figured he was so hung up on SRTs that he would laugh it off, oh well, tried to warn him, hope you don't get your face ripped off by a fence rail buddy! When I first read it I was afraid it might be you!!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:00 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Oh, and btw, my mom bought a new Volvo new in 78, it was a wagon, I remember reading about it when she bought it, it was designed so that in a front end collision the engine and transmission would fall out and go under the passenger compartment and the front of the car would supposedly fold up sort of like an accordian, so so much for quality Volvo construction, lol
Old 01-25-2004, 11:52 AM   #15
Road Trip!

rick to think that any car could withstand a roll taht many times and only come out with what that guy did is a miracle. I could drive my 89 celebrity that fast and do the same exact thing. Its called being a dumb driver. To say that the srt 4 malfunctioned or whatever it is ur trying to prove is ....well dumb to say it bluntly. I suppose a mustangs windshield can withstand a 2x4 going at high speeds? Come on rick use your head. I apreciate your concern tho.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:24 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

No, it could happen to anyone, in any car, don't care it was a Mercedes or a Rolls Royce, it was the fault of that Salesman for driving like an idiot, and it would be him and his employer that the guy should sue, not Dodge for improperly building the Neon. Just messing with ya Mikey.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:34 PM   #17
Road Trip!

im steve?
Old 01-25-2004, 12:37 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

it's not the car's fault.

plus, when i am thinking about buying a car, i usually don't consider what will happen when it rolls over 4 times. I expect to die and I ever roll my car.

Garaged:
1990 Ford Mustang GT
5.0L V8
4-Speed Automatic Overdrive
ItWouldAppearSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 12:45 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Whoops, sorry Steve, you know how it is when we get up past 53 years old, sometimes we forget things, hehehe.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:50 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

And as for rolling cars, I keep looking at roll bars, and looking at roll bars, I guess I really should get one, I like the little light bars, but they are just an expensive joke, what I really want is something like a 6 point road race bar I think. I never really thought about rolling cars over, until a few years ago when I was crossing a main road into a parking lot, looked both ways, proceeded into the parking lot at maybe 10-15mph and got Tboned by a 91 year old man who I later deduced must have been making a U turn or something, because he appeared out of no where, anyhow, next thing I knew I was swinging upside down by my shoulder harness and seat belt in my 95 Ranger Splash. I got loose from that and was trying to climb out, and then the old **** started blowing his horn at me.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:20 PM   #21
Road Trip!

i would kicked his *** rick
Old 01-25-2004, 03:12 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

I felt like it, believe, what really chapped my hide was, neither of us got a ticket, but by the time the old fart got done talking to the cop it somehow got to be more my fault than it was his, my insurance had to pay for his car and his ER and doctor bills, and since I had recently cancelled the collision on my recently paid for Ranger, it cost me over 5,000 to put it back together again, out of my pocket, that was the real *** kicker!
Old 01-25-2004, 05:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang

im just messin around hence the wink....
My apologies, shoulda paid attention.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:25 PM   #24

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclesFromBrussels
i would kicked his *** rick
:yes:

I would like to know to what extent do you have to test drive the car to relize how quick it is. That sales rep. was just flat out carless.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:20 PM   #25
Road Trip!

we test drove ours u could tell it was fast without even getting on it by the G forces.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:51 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick0636
Oh, and btw, my mom bought a new Volvo new in 78, it was a wagon, I remember reading about it when she bought it, it was designed so that in a front end collision the engine and transmission would fall out and go under the passenger compartment and the front of the car would supposedly fold up sort of like an accordian, so so much for quality Volvo construction, lol
most new cars do. it's a good idea so that you don't get a motor in your lap... it's a really good idea.

if some of y'all think crumling up in an impact is bad, think about the physics of it. if it is crumpled up, that means that it has absorbed most of the shock. if you have an old "well built", sturdy, heavy large car that, doesn't mean it's more safe. if the car does not fold the impact goes straight to the people inside it and smush them or have them explode all over the windshield and steering column.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 11:09 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
The whole point of the new vehicles is to fold over on itself to absorb the crash. The whole car will collapse around the person before it will actually reach the person. This is why the bumpers are put on with plastic rivets and there's styrofoam behind everything. The point is to just collapse.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 07:07 AM   #28
Road Trip!

i feel safe in my srt 4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar