So im drivin in the SRT4. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2004, 08:49 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangin99
and not to provoke anything, but it IS a neon. SRT is the performance line for Dodge.

Its like saying a cobra isnt a mustang, its an SVT.

Its a top-of-the-line neon. There's nothing wrong with that but don't kid yourself into thinking its its own car.

wrong again PVO is the performance line not neon. Performance vehicle operations. Dodge PVO SRT-4 if u wanna get technical. Anyways im gonna take matters into my own hands and just post on the srt boards. No sense in posting here anymore. Good luck with ur V6mustangs and any other cars u may get.
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2004, 09:05 PM   #37
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
No sense in posting here anymore. Good luck with ur V6mustangs and any other cars u may get.
:
Your leaving?!
Old 02-01-2004, 09:08 PM   #38

Send a message via AIM to WishForWings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
Quote:
No sense in posting here anymore. Good luck with ur V6mustangs and any other cars u may get.
:
Your leaving?!
apparently... i guess he's too good for us now
WishForWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2004, 08:52 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
well this is right off the press

The Dodge Ram SRT-10 is the third Dodge vehicle branded with the Street and Racing Technology label, following the Dodge Viper SRT-10 -- the ultimate American sports car -- and the award-winning 230 horsepower Dodge Neon SRT-4, that has taken the sport compact "tuner" crowd by storm.

HUMMM Neon with a new label Imagine that
Old 02-03-2004, 01:53 PM   #40

Send a message via AIM to WishForWings
***SRT4 OWNER***
oh, well the press is WRONG! DUH! sure, they just took the neon body, made a couple cosmetic changes, and dropped a diff. engine in there... BUT ITS NOT A NEON G** D****T!

i'm so much better than some ****ty neon! IN FACT! I'M BETTER THAN EVERY CAR ON THE ROAD! I CAN OWN THEM ALL BECAUSE I OWN A HIGH 13 SECOND MEAN STREET AND RACING MACHINE!

***end personality***
WishForWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:46 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Well...I can see I missed alot this weekend...Um...yeh
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 04:46 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishForWings
***SRT4 OWNER***
oh, well the press is WRONG! DUH! sure, they just took the neon body, made a couple cosmetic changes, and dropped a diff. engine in there... BUT ITS NOT A NEON G** D****T!

i'm so much better than some ****ty neon! IN FACT! I'M BETTER THAN EVERY CAR ON THE ROAD! I CAN OWN THEM ALL BECAUSE I OWN A HIGH 13 SECOND MEAN STREET AND RACING MACHINE!

***end personality***
Hey that was a pretty good Steve Impression. Kind of freaky how about not doing that anymore
Old 02-03-2004, 11:01 PM   #43
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishForWings
***SRT4 OWNER***

***end personality***
:biglaugh:

It's perfect!
Old 02-05-2004, 07:46 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
the one i drove i gave hell and it pulled decent but not till you got going, the gt definatly pulls much harder. either way they both run the same times in the end. one just looks a hella lot better doing it
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:04 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to heramb22 Send a message via Yahoo to heramb22
hmm...whatever happened to the "no personal attacks" rule that you just emphasized Corey?

Guess that went down the drain pretty quick. Sorry to hear that we drove off another user, we're well on our way to being 3.8!!

Parts for Sale VERY CHEAP!

SOLD - White Cobra rims, rear GT swaybar, ASP UD pulley, cleared headlights, full-length Densecharger, red calipers, MustangWorld billet grille, true dual exhaust w/ flowmaster 40's, MAC lowering springs (front), raised gas pedal, MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires, GT foglights, Steeda Tri-ax
heramb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:33 PM   #46
Regular

we didnt run anyone off... he is the one who kept attacking people because they didnt just "love" his srt....

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
For that extra $9k you can step up to Mopar Performance's stage III kit and add at least another 100 hp and still have most of that $9k left. The stage III voids the warranty, but Stage I and II don't. My local Dodge dealer have them for about $14K, 7 in stock. Yow, if I hadn't of just bought my Mustang I'd be in an SRT-4.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 07:33 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
the price you pay for the performance you get is definatly a bargan.... but it takes a turbo to do it, I would much rather buy a gt and have the same performance if not better and have the option for a turbo later on down the line for even more power but if you want one then more power to ya at least its got some balls unlike the tons of guys paying as much or more for civics.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:25 AM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by heramb22
hmm...whatever happened to the "no personal attacks" rule that you just emphasized Corey?

Guess that went down the drain pretty quick. Sorry to hear that we drove off another user, we're well on our way to being 3.8!!
I drove no one off. I never attacked his car or his stories I have over the time that V6stangs has been a forum had to warn him to calm down and no personal attacks. I am not alone Brent and others have had to get on him. I did not attack read the beginning of this thread. He always talks big and every time he gets in a debate he starts flaming people personally.

I can say I speak for most that he was a problem and him leaving on his own free will did a favor to the mods here.

He has an Neon SRT-4 now and wants to boast about it go ahead but do it on a SRT board. No one wanted to hear him say he would beat anyone on this board and we were all jealous talk.

Dan you need to read more of his angry post before you critize me!!!
Old 02-14-2004, 06:01 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

lucky bastard!!! anyway, hope you enjoy your car just make sure you follow the break in procedures.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:13 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via Yahoo to plstktnkr2
Still Rather push my 'stangs (or my 66 lincoln 'vert) Than drive some tuner wannabe junk
my taurus looks tuner-ish as it is, but getting a 2001 SES w/leather was a good buy at $7600 (not $10500 book value) with 12k on car no less! (now all I need is that v-8.... hmmmmm wife would kill me ...)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Hearse
Local "10-hole Mafia" Don
member of the "Anti-Cowl" club
plstktnkr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 01:16 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

One thing about the Neon, the base model engine on my wife's 96 had 132 hp, with a 150 hp DOHC engine as an option. My 96 V6 Mustang comes with what? 140 hp? Sad indeed. Neons are cheap, my local Dodge delaer has 7 SRT4 on the lot for less than $14K. If I had seen that say last August I might not own my Mustang. Though I really prefer 2 doors and RWD, I also really love a turbo motor. Hmmm, turbo V6, nah I'm gonna SC it once the wife gets a job.

Steve

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:10 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My 96 V6 Mustang comes with what? 140 hp? Sad indeed. Neons are cheap, my local Dodge delaer has 7 SRT4 on the lot for less than $14K.
Steve
sad indeed! and what's the name of that dealer, up here they're selling for $20k.
Old 02-21-2004, 03:58 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to ASSEMbler
Get that mopar stage 2. It's a killer. Official mod kits are what the v-6 stang needs..
Old 02-26-2004, 09:37 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

It's all american Dodge, they were clearing out 2003 SRT4's. Dunno if they have any left though.

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:42 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to BrooksPS
[QUOTE=EclipseGSTdude]especially a stock 4 banger is faster than fords stock 4.6. QUOTE]

No doubt at under 20k its a good buy and a nice car, but I think the comparison you should make is the stock forced induction mustang (390/390) to the stock forced induction neon(233/250)...
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8448/v6stangscom.jpg--2000 3.8L Lazer Red 5spd---Performance- Nitrous Express 75 Wet Shot, MAC Cold Air, Borla Dual Exhaust, ASP Underdrive Pulley, Jacobs Ignition/Wires, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. *FMS Aluminum D/S*-Appearence- Razzi Full Body Kit, American Racing Rims.-Times--N/A-15.1@93mph--75Shot-14.2@101 - awful 60' times
BrooksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:33 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
dam why was i brought back into this? i was just comparing that stock for stock, and for the price, the srt4 would be better buy. its about 10 grand cheaper than a new GT, and can run the same time. now sure if you add 3g's into a supercharger, you could be in the 12's, and thats all good and dandy. add 3g's into the srt and youd be into 12's also, but at the end of the day, its still a neon. i dont remember what the point of this whole thread was, and im too lazy to read 5 pages back. musselsfrombrussels always got butthurt when you said that its a neon, and would flame you for anything you said thereafter. he thought his srt is god, just like most camaro/TA or Cobra/GT owners do, but in his own little riceboy way. sure i have an eclipse now, i had a tbird(still do, for sale though) and im not into this whole domestic vs import war. ill pick out the worst and best in both sides, and go from there. thats why i got a eclipse, its domestic rice. none of my car is JDM. all americana baby, but since its a 4, its under the import category. i laugh when civics think theyre all tight and i smoke them in a stock gst. gt's think theyre tight till i smoke them in a stock gst. its all relative, and im stock. ive yet to take a camaro, though i know in the gst's stock shape i have no chance, i need to shave a second off to even get close to a ss.

can we close this topic and delete all threads started by mussels? especially that "post your pic" thread in general discussion. it just annoys me. all he did was stir up a bunch of shizznit.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar