So im drivin in the SRT4. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2004, 10:31 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
So im drivin in the SRT4.

Put about 30 miles on her today and i was doing pretty good took off on hills from a stop well and im feeling all confident so i drop off my dad who is helpin me out with the process and im like im gonna go to my buddies and he is like ok i think u r ok. So i leave and im all like yeah i got the hang of this so i do a 2nd gear WOT test and make about 10 pounds of boost which scares the crap out of me , then after getting my bearings and putting my eyes back in there sockets from the back of my head i go to make a right on a stop light and im thinking "yeah im the best at a 5 speed oh crap im tryin to start in 3rd gear JOLT JOLT JOLT STALL" Right in the middle of the road with this guy behind me. Of course i didnt realize at that moment i was trying to start in 3rd because im thinking its in first not knowing i had went from neutral to 3rd not first so i try again with the same results. So im starting to get nervous and this dude in a big truck is right behind me thinking wtf is this guy doing stalling in the middle of the road i am like plz god let me get the car moving then just for an idea i put it back in neutral and realize i was tryin in 3rd So i put it in 1st and take off all gangsta like. IM LEARNING!!!
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2004, 11:56 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
lol welcome to me when i was 14 :

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:02 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
haha you dont know about crappy driving until you misshift going into 3rd from the top of 2nd and find yourself in 1st again. i did this to my homies rsx-s before he sold it. he wanted me to learn how to drive a stick, and he didnt care about me wrecking his baby cause he we selling it.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2004, 12:03 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

oh btw you got the neon now?

sweet whens it gonna be modding time?

Old 02-01-2004, 12:06 AM   #5
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
Hmmmm....never started out in third....

Funny story today, still got my permit , drove to a town near by with my parents in the car. So I'm in the Tempo about ready to cross the road. People on this road flew by doing about 50 MPH. I had one chance and I took it. I slammed the gas in that Tempo, it's throwing gravel everywhere I shoot across traffic and make into my lane. Whole time my dad is saying "Their ya go! Lay it down!"

Old 02-01-2004, 12:36 AM   #6
Road Trip!

ill prb get a BOV in a lil bit. Not really gonna worry about modding speed till i get good at driving it. Its a 13 sec car with a good driver so its not like i need to be in a hurry to make it faster. Specially when 2nd scares me enough stock
Old 02-01-2004, 12:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to white99
glad ur havin fun with the new car, but it is still so sad that any neon is faster than a stang :no:
BBK CAI, Steeda UDP, UPR Blue Thunder Shifter, Dual Exhaust with Flowmaster 40 Series, 17x9 03 Cobra Wheels, H&R Super Sports, Steeda C/C plates, Steeda Graphics Package, Mach 1 Grille Delete, MAC White Face Gauges, Steeda Billet Interior pieces, thumpin system with 2 JL Audio 10's

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/6196/sig142.jpg
My Cardomain Page
white99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 02:40 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

especially a stock 4 banger is faster than fords stock 4.6. thats just crazy stuff right there. when will ford get its act together and realize that they need a better engine. for crying out loud, they have the 5.8 use it. chevy was using their top V8 engine in its camaro, why doesnt ford use its top 5.8 in its mustang? its just a bored out 4.6 right? if you got the technology use it. thats crazy though high 13's with only like 230 hp. mustangs have almost 300 and they only run 14's. wow good thing fords going VTEC now. copying technology invented 15 years ago.

Old 02-01-2004, 02:42 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

dude and mussels get that girl out of your sig. makes me sad how fat us americans are getting while theres so many people starving every day in 3rd world countries. its hella sad.

Old 02-01-2004, 06:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
Hmmmm....never started out in third....
Unless you got torque :yes:

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 07:10 AM   #11
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
Nobody told you not to get on it for like the first 500 miles?

You really shouldn't rev it that high or that long yet. then at like 500, get an oil change and go easy on her for another 250 or so..

but then again, it's your money.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:40 AM   #12
Road Trip!

actually ur incorrect. In the manual it specifically says to make boost for a few seconds then let off occasionally. Im changing to synthetic at 700 miles the rings should be set by then. My 04 is rated at 230hp but most of the dyno slips ive seen on it are around 230-235 on average at the wheels. There isnt as much parasitic loss as a RWD car but thats still a good 240-245 at the engine. In a 2800 pounds car with atleast 255 ft lbs of torque its hella quick. Unless im wrong GT's r only putting up 260 at the engine? Alot of SRT-4's will have the same if not more power putting down as a GT does. Taking weight into consideration and the fact i have a turbo for top end and that explains why there not as fast. 32 valve 03 snake is a different story tho. But then again so is the price tag.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:07 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
especially a stock 4 banger is faster than fords stock 4.6. thats just crazy stuff right there. when will ford get its act together and realize that they need a better engine. for crying out loud, they have the 5.8 use it. chevy was using their top V8 engine in its camaro, why doesnt ford use its top 5.8 in its mustang? its just a bored out 4.6 right? if you got the technology use it. thats crazy though high 13's with only like 230 hp. mustangs have almost 300 and they only run 14's. wow good thing fords going VTEC now. copying technology invented 15 years ago.

ummm ok. :

Look at the price difference between a new camaro(when they were sold) and a new GT. to drop a 5.4 in a mustang the price will go up a lot.

GT's have 260bhp, weigh 3000+ lbs and rn low 14's high 13's bone stock.....

And Ford isn't using VTEC and didnt copy anything. Their design is a little different then Honda's

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:25 AM   #14
Regular

Quote:
Unless im wrong GT's r only putting up 260 at the engine? Alot of SRT-4's will have the same if not more power putting down as a GT does.

yea thats 260hp without any power adder...

Reddit
Old 02-01-2004, 12:06 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to WishForWings
neons and GTs are running the same times stock vs stock... i'm not going to try to have an argument over which car is better, because they are both nice cars. period. I personally prefer a RWD 2Door V8, but thats just me.
WishForWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 01:01 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Quote:
Unless im wrong GT's r only putting up 260 at the engine? Alot of SRT-4's will have the same if not more power putting down as a GT does.

yea thats 260hp without any power adder...

and 2.2 more liters of displacement. Run what ya brung. Ford has a forced induction car. And it costs 30 large. Not knocking the 03 cobra tho. Its my fav car right now
Old 02-01-2004, 01:02 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishForWings
neons and GTs are running the same times stock vs stock... i'm not going to try to have an argument over which car is better, because they are both nice cars. period. I personally prefer a RWD 2Door V8, but thats just me.

i dont know of any neons that can keep up with a new GT???? What are you talking about?
Old 02-01-2004, 01:05 PM   #18

the SRT4 and the (99-04)Mustang GT are both running about 13.9 in the quarter. i'm not talking about the Ford GT
Old 02-01-2004, 01:11 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
First off is Cars are regulated by The Governments required CAFE standards Corporate average fuel economy. It is based on all the cars being produced. All companied are right a the max limit now. Trucks and SUVs where not originally in CAFE because they were considered utility but because of the soccer moms SUV's were added but trucks are still not. Because of this they cannot put big *** engines in all there cars. only in limited versions.

Take the SRT-4 a fast little car I admit but it is 1000 lbs less than a mustang. But take a 03-04 Cobra or even a 2000 Cobra R with a Big *** engine will stomp a SRT-4 in the dirt . Everything being equal a SRT-4 is more like a 04 Cobra than a GT both are top of there line so lets be real OK!!!!
Old 02-01-2004, 01:15 PM   #20
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
bhahahahah steve... n00b

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 01:49 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to heramb22 Send a message via Yahoo to heramb22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Everything being equal a SRT-4 is more like a 04 Cobra than a GT
Except for in the most important category..price.

Imagine what you could do to the SRT-4 with the extra ~$9k+ that you'd save

Parts for Sale VERY CHEAP!

SOLD - White Cobra rims, rear GT swaybar, ASP UD pulley, cleared headlights, full-length Densecharger, red calipers, MustangWorld billet grille, true dual exhaust w/ flowmaster 40's, MAC lowering springs (front), raised gas pedal, MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires, GT foglights, Steeda Tri-ax
heramb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 01:51 PM   #22
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

its not about price though... its their highest end of the neon vs the highest end of the mustang. its just what ppl wanna pay. When you pay that extra 9 grand youre getting more then you would with a neon. Theres more to cars in some peoples heads then just the engine. (although i dunno why)

I like toys
Old 02-01-2004, 02:10 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishForWings
the SRT4 and the (99-04)Mustang GT are both running about 13.9 in the quarter. i'm not talking about the Ford GT

YOU SAID NEON not srt 4. I dont know how many times i have to say this thru ur thick brains but the SRT-4 doesnt say neon anywhere on it. A neon is a non turbo car fastest being a RT. Wake up ppl i know most of u r jealous cuz my car would smoke a GT but give it a lil respect and dont make urselves look so ignorant and crybabyish by calling it somethings its not.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:12 PM   #24
Regular

calm down dude you could have put 2+2 together and figured he meant the srt-4

Reddit
Old 02-01-2004, 02:15 PM   #25
Road Trip!

**** that man im tired of having to be all exact when i say something but when yall say something i have to take the benefit of the doubt and just let it slide. Ill sure up as leave this board if i dont start getting some respect around here.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:21 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I'd say something to re-assure you but I'd probably get in trouble for it.

Sometimes you have to sit back and look at who is "insulting" your car.

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
Old 02-01-2004, 02:21 PM   #27

what the hell. ok calm down dude. i just joined the site so sorry i havn't heard you say that a srt 4 isn't a neon and blah blah blah. i'm not jealous at all that you have a srt 4... i respect the car a lot, and already said that it is a great car. so get off my f***ing case. Not to mention, since this f***ing thread was based around an SRT4 i figured it would be a given to say neon instead of srt4.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:22 PM   #28
Regular

ITS A V6MUSTANG board not a srt-4 board if you want to go praise your srt-4 dont expect to get a lot of compliments for christ sake. wish didnt insult you or anything with his comments your the one that said he had a thick brain. He wasnt throwing insults out you were. You need to calm down its a forum for christ sake.

Reddit
Old 02-01-2004, 02:22 PM   #29
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

steve... chilll buddy, obviously we all dont know it doesnt say neon anywhere on it, but when it looks like a neon people are going to assume it is. its just how things work. U like your car, its a badass car... just shrug off the people that thing otherwise and dont get so defensive.

I like toys
Old 02-01-2004, 02:27 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

and not to provoke anything, but it IS a neon. SRT is the performance line for Dodge.

Its like saying a cobra isnt a mustang, its an SVT.

Its a top-of-the-line neon. There's nothing wrong with that but don't kid yourself into thinking its its own car.

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
Old 02-01-2004, 02:33 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well If you start with a cheap car like the neon the factory can do alot fairly cheap. But really when you think about it in 20 years what will be the collectors car. The 2000 Cobra R is already in the collectors hands!!!

I said the Neon SRT-4 is a fast little pocket rocket and I am not cutting it down but the fact is a few people were saying how pathetic the GT was when we are not even talking about equal cars. If you are going to talk top of the line then lets talk top of the line. If not dont even bring the differences up.

This is a mustang site not a SRT-4 site. We dont mind having members with different cars. The fact is the slamming and comparing needs to stop

This is old
Old 02-01-2004, 02:39 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclesFromBrussels
F*** that man im tired of having to be all exact when i say something but when yall say something i have to take the benefit of the doubt and just let it slide. Ill sure up as leave this board if i dont start getting some respect around here.
Respect ????? when have you respected, this is a Mustang site. Ever since you said you were getting a SRT-4 Neon HUMMM

Well you have not!!! end of story

Dictionary Respect : Expressions of consideration of a person held in high regard

Well Steve why should you be held in high regard. Surely not because you have a fast car. Not for you crappy attitude towards people.
Respect is earned for being a good and decent person who holds his standards above belittling people.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:43 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

This was moved to Racing to stop the flame war on the discussion area. New people do not need to see this childish behavior

Feel free to keep it up here all you want but there will be no abusive attacks on anyone personally and you will not be warned again
Old 02-01-2004, 05:42 PM   #34
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
i know most of u r jealous cuz my car would smoke a GT
Well, not with you driving. You might start off in 4th.

J/K
Old 02-01-2004, 06:47 PM   #35

this is what i hate about SRT4 owners... they think they're kings of the road! It seems they all go on a major ego-trip and think they can beat anything. Seriously, when i was at 3.8 someone would post a link to the srt4 sites and i would read through some of the posts... some of em are saying that they are beating z06s in their stock srt4... or hell even porsches. Sure, every board has their fair share of BSers, but the other members were like "GOOD KILL!" "yeah i've beaten one of those before!" and all that other ****. i've already said the car is a good car, and very fast... it does have my respect. HOWEVER, it is the OWNERS of the cars who piss me off. Prime example of elitism...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar