Well I am trying to talk my dad into driving to see this car - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2004, 09:49 AM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,895
Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
and a AUTO
why do u want an auto so bad?
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-18-2004, 09:56 AM   #37
Road Trip!
 
Tbird232ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,170
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
something else to consider, since he's buying it from a dealer, there may be some sort of warranty that makes the car worth the price
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 09:57 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Why not a auto i have one and I have not found anyone with a stock V6 5 speed to say that when they get into my car is not impressed. I do have a Hi performance tranny with a transgo shift kit. it shifts hard and barks tire as it shifts when I have the hammer down!!!!

Oh the other advantage is I can drink and eat while driving in traffic or even play with my wife.

So what are the advantages of a 5 speed other than if you hammer or race it alot you will be going to go thru cluthes
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-18-2004, 11:16 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,895
Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
autoz R t3h gh3y.

Stick is t3h fun!
Stick all the way.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:31 AM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
The year is 2004. Stick is about as advanced as hand cranking to start the engine. If you own a race car and only tak it to the track a stick is fine but why in the hell would anyone who uses there car as a commuter would want to shift..

Stick divers are Neandertal = cavemen

Auto drivers are Modern men = the future

So come on stick drivers shave the hair off your knuckles and join the 21 century
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:37 AM   #41
Road Trip!
 
Tbird232ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,170
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Quote:
So come on stick drivers shave the hair off your knuckles and join the 21 century
and spend more money on routine maitnenence...tranny fluid aint cheap
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:39 AM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
OH Hey there hairy knuckles!!!!! 8)

Clutch assemblies are not cheap either. Fluid does not need servicing that often if you put a tranny cooler on the car!!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:11 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 567
I get probably the most compliments on how my auto shifts, and I dont even have a chip.

Auto + TC > all manuals
__________________
1998 Subaru Legacy L Sedan
New Hottness

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:33 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,895
Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
**** auto, i hate it, i like shifting myself.
its not that big of a pain people.

ps - its funnnnnnn!
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:03 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 941
Send a message via AIM to tire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Stick divers are Real men = fun!

Auto drivers are Modern girlie men = teh gay
fixed it for you.

shifting is fun, you don't even know you do it after you drive for a few months. no matter how tricked out your auto is, it'll still 1) cost more on a new car 2) eat more rwhp than a manual 3) not have the same control/feel as a manual 4) you're gay.

not to mention s/c auto v6 stangs have probs with guys setting theit stall high and end up breaking their tires when simply turning at intersections. i know of several guys that have this prob and complain about it. they have spun out in rain and gotten in at least one wreck because of it that i know of. so don't roll your eyes unless you know what you're talking about. i'm not one to be "safety first" but i'm not stupid, plus i saved 1,000 when i bought my car new by getting a manual. did i mention better gas mileage? (don't give me that "well you prob drive crazy with it so i bet autos are better!", because if you are low on funds you can always drive granny and wean every drop out of her.

whew, you guys are disappointing me. if i had to drive or commute more than 20 miles i would want an auto daily driver, but not for us youngsters.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:09 PM   #46
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
I'm lazy get over it I'm getting a auto. I dont want to change gears all the time. I want to press the gas and car go.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:10 PM   #47
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,350
Brent cant drive the stick
__________________
Can't afford Mods? Go To College!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:15 PM   #48
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
I am driving a stick now

Look i will go get a video of the car I am driving... with the 5 speed in the video. My god lol
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:20 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,895
Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
if you really truly knew how to drive stick then it wouldnt be such a pain.

Tire and I's convo:


V6PowerStang00: autos are ****ing gay
Auto response from LazerRed95em: I am away from my computer right now.

V6PowerStang00: v6stangs is bass-ackwards
LazerRed95em: lol
LazerRed95em: their no fun
LazerRed95em: why own a auto mustang
V6PowerStang00: v6stangs member: so what mods should i do?
V6PowerStang00: me: well, you could do a split port swap
V6PowerStang00: v6s: oh realoy? what does that do?
V6PowerStang00: me: it gives you more power...
V6PowerStang00: v6s: oh no, heavens no!
V6PowerStang00: i like my 120rwhp!
LazerRed95em: lol
LazerRed95em: or better yet.
LazerRed95em: What mods can i do? i have a 5spd v6 mustang
V6PowerStang00: i love parasitic loss, tranny failure, and ****ty shift with my AODE!
V6PowerStang00: hahah yeah convert TO auto
LazerRed95em: v6s member: well you can do a auto swap get rid of that 5 speed crap
V6PowerStang00: yeah autoz ownx!



Auto lovers 0wn3d.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:24 PM   #50
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:25 PM   #51
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
http://www.v6stangs.com/admins/brent/Untitled_0001.wmv
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:26 PM   #52
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
When I get a car that I rac eon weekends I will buy a stick. But i dont want to drive a stick every day.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:28 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 941
Send a message via AIM to tire
is that video of justa shifter? :
the video is too big or something, it sucks nonetheless, maybe make it smaller?
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:29 PM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,895
Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
nice shifter, if only u were driving it. lol.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 02:06 PM   #55
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,350


DOOD... nice honda!
__________________
Can't afford Mods? Go To College!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 02:08 PM   #56
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 02:08 PM   #57
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire
is that video of justa shifter? :
the video is too big or something, it sucks nonetheless, maybe make it smaller?
Its 2mb lol
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 02:09 PM   #58
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedya95stang
nice shifter, if only u were driving it. lol.
:cussing: :cussing:
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I shifted for 25 years. I can tell you it sux!!! you young pups have nothing on me. You run around with a lic for a couple of years and now you are experts on life and cars HAHAHAHHAHA

Shifting sux because it is somthing you dont have to do unless you have a race car that is not a daily commuter.

The fact is autos are not gay they are the future.We live in a computer automated world and if you like being a dinosaur fine. I am 43 and have imbraced technology better than most of you Knuckle dragging young pups!!!!!

Damn all you guys not even out of puberty!!!! Get a life







__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 02:50 PM   #60
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,350



I love my Auto tranny in my V8 Jeep and I love my Manual tranny in my I6 Jeep
__________________
Can't afford Mods? Go To College!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 02:53 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
KrazyPony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 800
I swear to gawd, my friends AODE could kill you guys with your 5spd godess talk, he probably has so much money tied up into it its sad, but after blowing 1 engine up in GA at a Dyno, and since then getting it all straightened out...he turns some good heads with it getting low 11's in a quarter and low 7's in a 8th and yes it is a AUTO!!!

Autos are great at the track for cinsistancy and bracket racing....


From this picture I dont think the AUTO is lacking any where...what ya think Brent!
__________________
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa307/KrazyPony/KrazyPonysigBlue.jpg
KrazyPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 02:56 PM   #62
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,350
but that's the V33 8!

That's like comparing Spaghetti and donkey kong
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 02:58 PM   #63
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
I like convient things. Shifting gears is fun i know. But not on a daily basis and especially not in my area. I dont feel like downshifting up shifting every three seconds in traffic. I mean I will take the .5 seconds off my tiems and deal with it lol
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:15 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
but that's the V33 8!

That's like comparing Spaghetti and donkey kong
no it is a true comparasion. it was said Autos were Gay BY GOD !!

SO is this car gay. HELL NO
Is my car Gay HELL NO

Are most of you here goobers HELL YES

Guys wake up from your delusional dreaming
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:17 PM   #65
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
I'm putting a tranny cooler on it and a shift kit when I get the car. Its all good
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:24 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 941
Send a message via AIM to tire
krazy, no one said autos CAN'T be good. it's just there are reasons why it is more convenient and cheaper to get a manual. see my above post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
I shifted for 25 years. I can tell you it sux!!! you young pups have nothing on me. You run around with a lic for a couple of years and now you are experts on life and cars HAHAHAHHAHA

Shifting sux because it is somthing you dont have to do unless you have a race car that is not a daily commuter.

The fact is autos are not gay they are the future.We live in a computer automated world and if you like being a dinosaur fine. I am 43 and have imbraced technology better than most of you Knuckle dragging young pups!!!!!

Damn all you guys not even out of puberty!!!! Get a life

i really hope that wasn't pointed at me.

so i guess autos were the future, nearly a century ago when they were invented? they are the future for daily drivers and people that (for the most part) aren't into cars.

having an auto on a GM is different... Ford's suck though, i am not anti-auto, i am anti-ford-auto. i will always prefer a manual until i get older.

call us knuckle draggers if you want bud. btw, my gf's grandfather just gave up his manual alfa romeo about a year or a year and a half ago. he is 75, nearly twice your age, and "managed" driving manuals for some 60 years. he's in tip top shape though, props to him.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:30 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
so your G/F grandfather was a knuckle dragger in his 70's.

Wrong O on the ford autos suck. Mine does not. And you think I am less into cars than you I have had more cars than years you have lived. How that!!!! I have had a a 70 1/2 Z-28. 74 Z-28, 78 Z-28, 82 Z-28 87 Iroc Z-28. and that is just camaro's
hell my 78 Z-28 was a 750 HP monster and all my cars were 4 or 5 speeds

So you say ford auto's suck I am saying with some mods they dont. Just ask anyone who has ridden in my car!!!!

Oh and about a manual being cheaper. that is bologna. The fact is in a life time of a car a well taken care of auto will be just fine and a possible one time rebuild. Lets be real a 5 speed in the hands of young people will have several clutches go out and if you add HP they will go out quicker

Enough said
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:39 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 941
Send a message via AIM to tire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
so your G/F grandfather was a knuckle dragger in his 70's.

Wrong O on the ford autos suck. Mine does not. And you think I am less into cars than you I have had more cars than years you have lived. How that!!!! I have had a a 70 1/2 Z-28. 74 Z-28, 78 Z-28, 82 Z-28 87 Iroc Z-28. and that is just camaro's
hell my 78 Z-28 was a 750 HP monster and all my cars were 4 or 5 speeds
so because you are old and have had lots of waaay cool, powerful cars you know it all. great logic, maybe you can go on and tell us your experience with every single transmission you've ever driven since you've managed to list a parking garage full of cars already. have you ever thought about not condescending someone that disagrees with you? just because you could be my daddy doesn't give you any right to be rude. this thread was all fun and games before your panties got tied in a knot, note my SMILES in my posts. *shakes head*

de-mod me, warn me, etc. i don't care anymore for this ****. i'm out of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
So you say ford auto's suck I am saying with some mods they dont. Just ask anyone who has ridden in my car!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire
krazy, no one said autos CAN'T be good. it's just there are reasons why it is more convenient and cheaper to get a manual. see my above post.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:46 PM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
so your G/F grandfather was a knuckle dragger in his 70's.

Wrong O on the ford autos suck. Mine does not. And you think I am less into cars than you I have had more cars than years you have lived. How that!!!! I have had a a 70 1/2 Z-28. 74 Z-28, 78 Z-28, 82 Z-28 87 Iroc Z-28. and that is just camaro's
hell my 78 Z-28 was a 750 HP monster and all my cars were 4 or 5 speeds
so because you are old and have had lots of waaay cool, powerful cars you know it all. great logic, maybe you can go on and tell us your experience with every single transmission you've ever driven since you've managed to list a parking garage full of cars already. have you ever thought about not condescending someone that disagrees with you? just because you could be my daddy doesn't give you any right to be rude. this thread was all fun and games before your panties got tied in a knot, note my SMILES in my posts. *shakes head*

de-mod me, warn me, etc. i don't care anymore for this ****. i'm out of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
So you say ford auto's suck I am saying with some mods they dont. Just ask anyone who has ridden in my car!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire
krazy, no one said autos CAN'T be good. it's just there are reasons why it is more convenient and cheaper to get a manual. see my above post.
Actually in this thread I never was talking to anyone person till your post before this one. I come here and see autos are gay, pussys, Girly and the like so I resorted to the same name calling by saying dinosaurs, knuckle dragging and such.

Dont take this personal. it was not intended. But the fact is there is disinformation about auto cars and I intend to debunk it. I never said no one should have a manual but people here came ablasting on Brent because he wants one. AND THAT IS A FACT.

So before I am targeted for being a old meanie I did not start this!!!!!

Also remember I do not hate. I never have. hell I have become more accepting of neons and funky body kits. It is all about what the person is wanting to do with his car!!! And one more thing I have never blasted anyone for getting a manual have I. NO so why sould brent be blasted for wanting a auto

Oh and most of this was in fun!!!

Oh and another thing the main reason I got a auto was so my wife could drive it also!!! The fact I like it now because it is fun to just drive without the headache of shifting, But alas If I want to with my PATC Intercepter Tranny I can shift if I want. But with the latest SCT burn auto shifting beats my manual shifting every time on the dyno



__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 04:12 PM   #70
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
omg guys stop it. I want to drive a Auto because 1) I DONT WANT TO SHIFT GEARS IN BUMPER TO BUMPER TRAFFIC. I CAN DRIVE A STICK. I DONT WANT TO.

I really dont see the loss in hp with a auto a big deal. It isnt that much.

It really annoys me when people look down on someone for wanting a auto and saying that your really not into cars because you own one. I have my reasons for owning a auto just like you have yours for owning a 5 -speed.

My God is it really that important to get all bent out of shape over????
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long should you go without driving your car? SpectorV The Bar 14 01-21-2007 04:23 PM
Car dies after driving with a/c on??? username182 1979-1995 Mustang GT 8 06-21-2005 08:10 PM
Won't be driving my car for awhile Brent The Bar 41 02-12-2005 02:07 PM
So my dad had his car in the shop... Tbird232ci The Bar 9 05-19-2004 01:46 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:29 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.