Shocking!!!! Illegal Aliens in our Military Services!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2004, 08:23 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Shocking!!!! Illegal Aliens in our Military Services!!

http://www.military.com/NewContent/0,13190,Defensewatch_030104_Illegals,00.html?ESRC=airforce.nl

Check out this article, I was amazed!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2004, 08:27 PM   #2
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
bah too long lol

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:28 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
:no:

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2004, 08:30 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

The gist of it is this, it appears we may hava as many as 15,000 illegal aliens serving in the Army, Navy, and Air Force, do you think this is a great idea?
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:34 PM   #5
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
i dunno, i mean i think its cool that theyre fighting for the country they live in. Illegals come here because they like our country and like our ideas... to me it kind of compliments us that someone would want to fight for a country that theyre not even a citizen of. Theres obviously a negative side too... but as long as theyre not terrorists or somethin serving then i think thats badass of them to do :dunno:

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:52 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yes, maybe, I see your point, but I see where this Marine officer that wrote this was coming from too, and its like, we don't know who these people are, they used bogus papers, green cards, fake social security numbers etc, to get into the military, how do we know that they aren't terrorists, they could be alqueda members or something, who knows? Is it a great Idea to have "unknowns" in our military?
Old 03-02-2004, 09:10 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

it takes 7yrs to get citizanship. you would have to be in illegal in your preteens to fight for this country and be a citizen. so what if they are illegal. just make sure we dont goto war with mexico, and we should be good
Old 03-02-2004, 09:14 PM   #8
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
it takes 7yrs to get citizanship. you would have to be in illegal in your preteens to fight for this country and be a citizen. so what if they are illegal. just make sure we dont goto war with mexico, and we should be good
lol

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:15 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Aw heck man, you have never had to be a citizen to be in the military, just be here legally and have the right immigration papers, that is all. I had a buddy in the Air Force that was still a German Citizen, he was going to get his citizenship as part of his benifits of serving in the Air Force. He had moved to this country at about 13 with his parents from Germany.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:21 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

We had another guy in our Supply Section that was a Filipino immigrant, I am sure that he was not a citizen either, as I said, immigrants have always served in our military, just not illegal ones.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:31 PM   #11
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
I served in the Colorado Air National Guard with a superb Tech who was Taiwanese - But could still serve with us.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to NavyStang05
The way i see it, illegal immigrants sometimes care much more for America and the American dream than native citizens, because they know what everywhere else is like, and how much better it is here. They are only trying to make their own and their families' lives better. And many times, they are the hardest workers. I'm going to be an officer i 15 months when I get out of the Academy, and I can say that I have no problem with them being here. As Far as them being part of Al-Queda, it makes no sense. Al-Queda can do a lot more damage with truck bombs and suicide planes than they can trying to infiltrate the enlisted ranks of the military.
NavyStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:50 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyStang05
The way i see it, illegal immigrants sometimes care much more for America and the American dream than native citizens, because they know what everywhere else is like, and how much better it is here. They are only trying to make their own and their families' lives better. And many times, they are the hardest workers.
Id have to agree with you there 100% They do care more then those that have been here. Cause they know they can treasure what they now have cause well they didnt have it back then/there thats for sure
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
i dunno, i mean i think its cool that theyre fighting for the country they live in. Illegals come here because they like our country and like our ideas... to me it kind of compliments us that someone would want to fight for a country that theyre not even a citizen of. Theres obviously a negative side too... but as long as theyre not terrorists or somethin serving then i think thats badass of them to do :dunno:
idealistic at best. MAYBE a few of them do it for that reason, but the army is what the bottom rung of society goes to when they have nowhere to go. i like the movie PLATOON, it's pretty accurate as far as motivations of the soldiers and demographics even.

i don't see a problem with it. we need the help, and i'm sure they are as good as any other soldier on average. they do most of the construction work, why not fight and die? maybe we should put a nay-sayer in their stead and see how they like it.

ps - i'm not in the army but spent three years with officers and fellow cadets... did army stuff, with army people (on FTX's @ ft. hood texas, etc.). go my **** smoked and went through a lot, like living in boot camp basically, but for more than a few weeks.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:57 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyStang05
The way i see it, illegal immigrants sometimes care much more for America and the American dream than native citizens, because they know what everywhere else is like, and how much better it is here. They are only trying to make their own and their families' lives better. And many times, they are the hardest workers. I'm going to be an officer i 15 months when I get out of the Academy, and I can say that I have no problem with them being here. As Far as them being part of Al-Queda, it makes no sense. Al-Queda can do a lot more damage with truck bombs and suicide planes than they can trying to infiltrate the enlisted ranks of the military.
well said.

and HOOAH! :word:
i was supposed to become a 2LT in the army in dec '05, but no more. it's my owned damned fault, good luck.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:46 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
There have been foreign nationals in our armed forces for years. I served in the Airforce with a guy that was Columbian, and another that was Australian. I have no problems with that!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar