Grand Am 4 cylinders still think they can beat V6 stangs, lol - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2004, 02:52 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Grand Am 4 cylinders still think they can beat V6 stangs, lol

An automatic late model V6 mustang will run mid 16s at best stock. I can see a manual hitting low 16s and maybe high 15s. A new 3400 v6 GA will run low 16s with a few factory freaks that I've seen run very high 15s. So right there you can see that stock for stock the money goes on the GA beating the auto Stang and it being a drivers race with the manual.
If I am not mistaken, can't 99+ v6 stangs with autos run in the high 15s and 5 speeds in the low 15s? That is what I posted in response anyhow??http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...8&goto=newpost
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
i ran a grand am gt from a 50mph roll on the highway when my car was stock, and pulled on it easily. i met with the guys afterwards and they hadn't ran it at the track, and neither had i run mine, we were both newbies. stock i ran 15.7@86 with a 2.2 60', if i was to hazard a guess, it's be 16.2 with a max of 16.5. those are speculative and very very INACCURATE, but from my experience. rick my car is a 00 5spd fyi.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to Smokedya95stang
moving to GD.
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2004, 08:54 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
who cares what they think of mustangs, all of us here know the real truth.
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:35 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

I keep getting email notifications every time one of them posts on that like 8 page thread over there, so now and then I throw in a comment for the hey of it, I actually think its sort of commical. LOL
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'd rather be slow than drive one of those ugly ****boxes.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

i like them, i've always wanted to have a pontiac, but i think i'll wait and get me a GTO.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ha ha. Yeah. Sure. I think you mean you've always wanted a TRANS am.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:05 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Haha, as GMs go, and I am not saying I like any GM much, I have always had a soft spot for some of the pontiacs too, the old GTOs, and some of the Firebirds and Transams, they looked a site better than the Camaros in my opinion.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:21 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

EclipseGSTdude, its never been run, there is no 1/4 mile strip near here, have to go up by Petersburg to Dinwiddie VA or down to Rockingham, NC for that, we have a local 1/8th mile strip, its not set up for dragstrip really, specially not with since it got the Cobra IRS with 3.55s, and I would hate to break something. A lot of mods ago it dynoed at 230something rwhp which translated to about 290bhp with an auto, so I figure its well over 300 bhp now.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:38 AM   #11
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude

does a singleport V6 with the auto really run low 17's to high 16's? wow thats horrible, sorry if anyone with a stock singleport gets offended. but i know the potential for singleports, dont gotta lecture me. ive been here long time.
yep... its true

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:39 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

6 cyls really are the bastards of the performance world. v8's got the cubes and aftermarket, and most 4 bangers have block that can hold 400, if not 800hp, depending on make. we are that bastard child in between, but it's all good.

my dad had a '67 gto 4 barrel holley carb, you could hear the two opening up when you really goosed it he said, i've always wanted one as a weekend car.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:57 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
i had to add my word. stupid people, why take a slow car and try to make it fast? isnt that what a honda is for?

me, i like to take a alright fast car and make it faster. thus i chose a dsm as my weapon of choice. shouldve gotten a gsx, but none are for sale around here. dam cali peeps hoarding all the good cars. anyways, what are they thinking. rick what are your times with that beast btw, 12's? reinhart performance make excellent chips, btw.

does a singleport V6 with the auto really run low 17's to high 16's? wow thats horrible, sorry if anyone with a stock singleport gets offended. but i know the potential for singleports, dont gotta lecture me. ive been here long time.
Lecture Lecture lecture HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA I am not a slow *** Singleport V6. Lecture Lecture Lecture !!!!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:05 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick0636
Haha, as GMs go, and I am not saying I like any GM much, I have always had a soft spot for some of the pontiacs too, the old GTOs, and some of the Firebirds and Transams, they looked a site better than the Camaros in my opinion.
LECTURE LECTURE Trans am better than Camaro Z-28 ??? Only if you talk about last generation. Rick you need to lay off some of that medication you are on from the 60's to the mid 90's the camaro was much better looking

BY GOD !!!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:27 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hehehe, I should have known that would get a comment out of you Corey, lol. Didn't even think about you being an old Camaro guy when I wrote that really. My favorite uncle was just big on Pontiacs for some reason, that might be why I liked them, not sure, he never had a firebird or a GTO though, just big old pontiac 2 doors, can't even remember what they were, scared me half to death in them a few times though. One I know was a 59 that he drove for a lot of years. He also bought a 65 2+2 289 Mustang new not long after they came out too, didn't keep it real long, but I was in love with that car, also had an XK Jaguar convertable for a short time too, I was also in love with that, still have not owned one of those though. Maybe some day, lol.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:45 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Oh dont get me wrong the last few years of the Camaro they looked like roaches!! Maybe Fast roaches!! But still roaches. That is why I got a Stang. HAHAHAHAHHA

I love all the Muscle cars from the late 60's early 70's
Old 03-19-2004, 08:56 PM   #17

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
I love all the Muscle cars from the late 60's early 70's

I need my Headbang smiley
Old 03-20-2004, 03:44 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i like camaros too. i wish my mom kept her 1980 camaro, had a full body kit(like ground flares or something, looks hella sweet) a big hood, some fat *** tires and i guess the guy she bought it from did some internal crap (heads, cams and stuff) she said it was hella fast, but sold it for the dam MINIVAN!!!!!!!!!!! i got 1 pic of it, id show you all it, but my dad is in front with some low cut bike shorts from the 70/80's, like a dam baseball uniform or somethin. dam hippies.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 05:37 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to Smokedya95stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mineralgrey6
I need my Headbang smiley

ill get smiles up soon.