tested my MM lca's today - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2004, 03:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
tested my MM lca's today

holy crap, i never notice mods much, but these things are money. i got the standard lca's with spherical bushings.... in the words of a hs school girl, "OMG WOW!".

i have driven an IRS cobra and the "planted" feel that they have (they squat like mad) feels similar to these. obviously i'm nowhere close to actually handling like a cobra, but maybe you get my point. i hear skinnies aren't great for autox, is this true? :p

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/rlca.asp

i give this four out of five possible headbangs

tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2004, 03:29 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Tire,

I've discovered that my UCA's are Steeda UCA's. They retail at over 200 bucks
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 03:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

they must be adjustable. pics? properly test/tuned adj. uca's can cut off up to half a tenth on your short time. when are you going to put those things on? :p

ps - if you do get these, you don't have to flip the ebrake bracket that bolts to the lca's and rear sway bar. just hammer the clip that slides in on the stock lca's the opposite way and you're fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
If they're adjustable, then I dont know how they would be.

They look exactally like the Arms in this page... but they're powdercoated red.
'
http://steeda.com/store/-catalog/aluupperrearcarms.htm
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 05:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

damn, that's insane for just solid uca's. i'm sure they're good enough quality, but if you can't adjust them then they can't help a ton. i think i will not mess with uca's and just go tq arm. man they're expensive but they are the best at everything.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Junior2561
how much has your launch changed? Does it feel like if you were to take it to the strip it would still do as well?
Junior2561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:14 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior2561
how much has your launch changed? Does it feel like if you were to take it to the strip it would still do as well?
on street tires previously i would shift at about 4-4.5k rpms just to avoid losing traction on the 1-2 shift. now, i can take it up to about 5,200-5,500... almost to my shift points! my final ratio is about 4.00:1 with the slightly taller tires i'm running which play a very small role in this. until a few weeks ago i had my normal tires with a 4.10:1 ratio. the answer to better traction isn't a wider or better tire neccessarily, it's the suspension. i'm not one to knock tires, but the second best thing one can do for their car IMO is to get these things, be it for autox/open track or for straightline performance.

these things will cut my 60' like mad, 1.7's here i come! i will be going to houston soon enough and see how deep into the 14's i can go with this suspension. besides me dropping the final ratio to approx 4.00, these will give me more gear for 1 and 2 and keep me from running out of gear. i suspect this could cut a tenth off just from using all of the gear, and at least two tenths altogether. i'll post #ers and see if these hold true or if we have some placebo effect going on here.

as a note... while these really are great, i really have gone a little overboard on weight/susp. mods compared to what i really need, power.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:03 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I never considered cars that squat on acceleration as being planted. The reason they squat is because it is trying to pull the rear axle up, since gravity and the heavier weight of the body are working against the axle what happens is the body goes down. Cars that plant the rear axle actually lift the body up on acceleration. In order to raise the rear of the body on acceleration the rear axle must go down. Look at any decent profession drag car, watch them carefully and you'll see the rear of the body rise.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar