V6 Ford Challenge 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2004, 10:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

V6 Ford Challenge 3 May 29-30

V6 Ford Challenge WEBSITE UP!!!

Plans for this years race have been in the works for some time now. This year looks to be bigger and better then ever. In the past we have held the event in St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada but due to relations with the track owner going sour(he screwed us out of money and is in legal trouble as well now) we are moving the event to a new track. We are on the verge of securing a track but we won't be revealing this info as of yet till plans are finalized. Should know in a week or so.

Anyways, this years race will again be a ONE day event but as a switch it will be a WEEKEND experince from what we are planning. Meaning we hope to secure deals on dyno tuning, dyno runs, tours of V6 facilities to see new products in the works as well as other facilites, a large BBQ and more. The track we have in mind is a well known track and I personally have been there myself and its a great track. We even have connections to get magazine coverage again, maybe in both major magazines. Last years race SHOULD be in next months MMFF so keep an eye open for that.

We are looking at having the event again at the end of spring, on either the Canadian long weekend or Memorial long weekend, one of the last 2 weeks in May, leaning more towards the last weekend in May which puts it 2 weeks after WFC. If these dates are not availabel it will be some other time in the year and we will try adn accomodate as many V6 car groups as possible, remember this event is attended by ALL V6 FORD cars, so Mustangs, T-birds, F150's, Rangers, Cougars, Probes etc etc, so we have to work aroudn many different event schedules.

Date info and more details will be available very soon so people can start making plans. Last year we had over $8000US in cash adn prizes and this year we hope to equal that if not surpass it. We are currently seeking help on designing a race logo, if anyone wants to submit a design please email the pic to v6fordchallenge@hotmail.com or post it here, please keep it simple and to 3 colors, (not counting black or white) so technically 5 colors if black or white is in the image.

This event is gonna be HUGE, hopefully we can get some 11-13 sec cars this year, so far no one has surpassed the 13 sec barriar at this race but we know its been done in other parts of the country by other V6's, so lets show the world what the V6 can do. Like past years we will have a bracket class and a heads up class. NHRA rules apply.

The car show will be on the 29th and held at Livernois Motorsports along with a BBQ. The race will be on the 30th at Milan Dragway.

www.v6fordchallenge.com

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2004, 10:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Fred from Livernois Motorsports gave me a call tongiht and gave me an update othe race situation. Although they have not heard back from the track (Milan Dragway, Michigan), everything is looking good for the May 30th race date. We are just waiting on actual confirmation from the track owners but Fred doesn't see a problem with the date. So thats great news. We also discussed a few things we can do.

As mentioned before we are hoping to have dyno runs, and dyno tuning. Fordchip adn SCT are being contacted in reference to tuning. To use the dyno it will be a set price for the day, so the more cars we have dyno the cheaper it is to get some pulls.

Also thrown into the idea bin was having Dan Millen (of Livernois) run down the track in his 7 sec car, again this is not confirmed but somethign that was thought about and considered.

Fred is also talking with Ford racing about coming out to the event or helping out. He mentioned seeing if Ford racing will bring out an 05 V6 Mustang to show off, or maybe even just the 05 V6 motor on a stand for everyone to see. Again this is just somethign we are discussiong and not confirmed yet, but we want to make this event as great as we can so this is one of the things Fred mentioned about trying to do.

Also the banquet I mentioned about having, Fred is going to see if we can hold it at the Livernois shop, indoors where they have their gathering, we can all hang out and have the banquet catered from right inside the companys building, agin this is not confirmed but looks very possible.

Other sites around the race are Pro-M about 30mins away where they can do custom recalibrations and tuning, Dyno Dave's is but 8 miles away for more tuning, and Pauls High Perormance is pretty close as well, about 1 hour if I rememeber right.

As mentioned before, if anyone is bringing a trailered car they can store it at the Livernois shop where its has a locked compund with 24hour security. BONUS!!!!!

Hotel info will be gathered soon, but apparently they have great rates aroundt he shop, so we will work on those for long distance travellers as well, I need a hotel myself so this is defiantely somethign I need to look into anyways.

We hope to get Morana, Supersix and others to come out adn display products and stuff so everyone can see whats happening aroudn the V6 world, so come out and have a great weekend, either to race or even just look around, its gonna be a blast. keep an eye open for the offical race website to be up soon, the sites addy is www.v6fordchallenge.com stay tuned for that.

If anyone else is interested in displaying products from their company please feel free to email me. V6fordchallenge@hotmail.com or v6sprout@hotmail.com

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
Old 03-21-2004, 10:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

note, Jaime (V6Sprout) typed all this. so don't contact me, you'll be talking to him.

I for one will be there for both the car show and bracket racing. Keith (flamingpony) is coming with, splittin a hotel room.

You should all go! There is a guy from Texas going so no excuses about being too far!!! lol..

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2004, 05:17 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Illinois
I am attending again this year too.
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270