Need help. Getting speeding tickets left and right - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Need help. Getting speeding tickets left and right

In the past month and a half, i've gotten 4 tickets with 2 or 3 of them being really boarderline. Thats about as many as i've had in the past 7 or 8 years before this. Normally, I would write a check and mail it to them because I dont have the time or patience to go to court but im not doing it this time. I dont want to pay $600+ bucks worth of tickets, not to mention increased insurance premiums which is already sky high as it is. If I go to court, is there any way to get out of these tickets or keep them off my record, or at least have them reduced?
chris098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Re: Need help. Getting speeding tickets left and right

Get a lawyer they can get them taken down so they stay off your record, you get no points, and you insurance wont go up.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

One thing you might try is driving slower.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

You might get driving school for them. Show up to court dressed like a respectable person and when it's your turn tell the judge what happened. It's still going to cost you money, but depending on the judge it might cost you less and/or keep them off your record. Worst case, you're no better or worse off than you were before.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

If you go to court, you might even get lucky and the cop won't show up. I would plan on doing what the guys said above but who know's maybe you'll catch some luck.

95 GT- Sold
09 Hyundai Elantra Touring-new ride.
Looking for the next project car now
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

how did you manage getting 4 tickets in that short a time frame?

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

My neighbor is a judge and lawyer he has told me never show up to court without a lawyer. The lawyer gives you so much more oush in the matter at hand.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

hahaha you are pretty much screwed.

problem is with the first ticket. If you dont talk your way out of it, you pretty much HAVE to drive under the limit for the next year or so. Otherwise the second cop gets you and runs the tags and sees you already have a speeding ticket from a week earlier, so you obviously didnt learn and need to give the state more of your money to teach you a lesson, the possibility of talking your way out of the 2nd is slim to none. Cop #3 pulls you over and is blown away by two previous tickets theres no talking out of this one. By this time, cops dont even need for you to actively be speeding over the limit, they are just routinely running your plate and "oh ****, 2 tickets in 1 month?" and just watch your every move, and 1mph over and BANG theres ticket #3.

Cop #4 just hands you the KY along with the pen and pad, says "this will come in handy son, that is, if they even let you use it!" and walks away laughing. Cop #4 doesnt even need to see you speeding, just needed to run your plate and add to his quota, as at that point you dont have a leg to stand on otherwise.

and yes, its really this possible to be severely unlucky. I knew a kid once that everytime he went WOT, no matter where he was, there was a cop hiding nearby to pop him. Didnt matter, middle of country? there was one that heard him from two cornfields away. Freeway? one on the oncoming side that whipped a ***** through the median. Cut some guy off merging onto the freeway (said onramp is about 20' long and even i cant hit more than 80mph in the cobra by the time it spits you out) and some ******nozzle was doing 110mph swerving through traffic and happened to have just gotten into the slow lane when my buddy had to be in that same lane just popping off the ramp, guy got pissed and started weaving through traffic, tailgating, etc, when my buddy had enough, dropped the hammer (non-turbo eclipse at the time) and merged through a bit of traffic to get away. Got pulled over 2 ramps later and cited for "reckless endangerment." i even was there at his trial and said if the ****ing state knew how to build proper onramps then merging into 110mph traffic would be half as difficult. Actually its one of the bigger reasons me plus a slow car will never happen, i couldnt have anything that cant get up to freeway speeds by the end of any onramp. Oh that guy, we finally built his motor on his n/t eclipse, threw the Hahn turbo kit on that day, phones me that night cause he got out of the movies to see 3 cops hovering around his car waiting for him to pop the hood, cause they were walking by and "heard strange noises like fire" and wanted to stay and notify the owner and check it out. Yeah, nice cover up to check under the hood of a lowered eclipse with a FMIC.

my cousin drives a grand am now. fully stock and never gonna change.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #9

I say just be careful. I have gotten 2 in the last 2 months. The PD is in full force right now. Guess they are all trying to justify their position when the economy is in trouble.
(714) 397-9188 Direct
monica@281m.com
kanicas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #10
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
hahaha you are pretty much screwed.

problem is with the first ticket. If you dont talk your way out of it, you pretty much HAVE to drive under the limit for the next year or so. Otherwise the second cop gets you and runs the tags and sees you already have a speeding ticket from a week earlier, so you obviously didnt learn and need to give the state more of your money to teach you a lesson, the possibility of talking your way out of the 2nd is slim to none. Cop #3 pulls you over and is blown away by two previous tickets theres no talking out of this one. By this time, cops dont even need for you to actively be speeding over the limit, they are just routinely running your plate and "oh ****, 2 tickets in 1 month?" and just watch your every move, and 1mph over and BANG theres ticket #3.

Cop #4 just hands you the KY along with the pen and pad, says "this will come in handy son, that is, if they even let you use it!" and walks away laughing. Cop #4 doesnt even need to see you speeding, just needed to run your plate and add to his quota, as at that point you dont have a leg to stand on otherwise.

and yes, its really this possible to be severely unlucky. I knew a kid once that everytime he went WOT, no matter where he was, there was a cop hiding nearby to pop him. Didnt matter, middle of country? there was one that heard him from two cornfields away. Freeway? one on the oncoming side that whipped a ***** through the median. Cut some guy off merging onto the freeway (said onramp is about 20' long and even i cant hit more than 80mph in the cobra by the time it spits you out) and some ******nozzle was doing 110mph swerving through traffic and happened to have just gotten into the slow lane when my buddy had to be in that same lane just popping off the ramp, guy got pissed and started weaving through traffic, tailgating, etc, when my buddy had enough, dropped the hammer (non-turbo eclipse at the time) and merged through a bit of traffic to get away. Got pulled over 2 ramps later and cited for "reckless endangerment." i even was there at his trial and said if the ****ing state knew how to build proper onramps then merging into 110mph traffic would be half as difficult. Actually its one of the bigger reasons me plus a slow car will never happen, i couldnt have anything that cant get up to freeway speeds by the end of any onramp. Oh that guy, we finally built his motor on his n/t eclipse, threw the Hahn turbo kit on that day, phones me that night cause he got out of the movies to see 3 cops hovering around his car waiting for him to pop the hood, cause they were walking by and "heard strange noises like fire" and wanted to stay and notify the owner and check it out. Yeah, nice cover up to check under the hood of a lowered eclipse with a FMIC.

my cousin drives a grand am now. fully stock and never gonna change.
Woah... ramble much?
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

dunno how the nevada law works but you should be able to work something out with the prosecutor pending your driving history. however, they may see all of your tickets and tell you that you need to pay it all and slow down.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Get a lawyer with that many tickets it maybe money well spent And slow down

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I got out of a ticket one time by telling the judge aftermarket wheels and tires threw my speedometer out of whack, then produced a receipt showing that I had it recalibrated (i wrote the receipt myself)
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Woah... ramble much?
Actually he makes a few good points, especially if he kept getting in trouble in the same jurisdictions
Old 10-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana

bend over....itll go in easier
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

i can has exercise some self control plz omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 05RedDevil

If I were you, I think the best option is to get a fake license plate and invest the money that should go to paying off the tickets into making your car fast enough to easily outrun the cops . . . and maybe change your name and address
Old 10-10-2008, 01:51 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Woah... ramble much?
only when bored.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

You are a ramblin man. I have noticed this.

Then again I have been known to type the occasional novel.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar