installed 4cyl front springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2004, 07:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 941
Send a message via AIM to tire
sex! *WW* whoa!

edit - do none of you guys like to talk about mods and tech? at least i got you n00bs in here. >:O
------------
installed 4cyl front springs today
------------
the ride height is slightly (1/8"?) higher than my c springs with me in it. the c's only compress about 1/8"-1/4" with driver whereas the 4cyl's compress 1/2-5/8"... or more than one fat finger's worth.

the front now likes to lift up more. even with my street tires it raises up more than it did previously with the 6cyl's. and a lot more than the c's.

for you v8 guys, you already know this stuff, but anyone going drag on their daily driver, damn, these are a good cheap mod. total cost: 10$! and it still rides the same or with no noticeable difference.

hmmm... with my 4.10's, slicks, and my new suspension (lca's/springs)... i wonder how close i can come to letting the suspension all the way out, and maybe with some juice get that wheel off the ground.
__________________
-austin
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2004, 01:58 AM   #2
Registered User
 
01mineralgrey6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,715
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Youll need a wheelie bar soon
and at the bottom - edited by Brent? cuz austin sucks!
__________________
-Tony
'99 cobra 'vert
01mineralgrey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:42 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by tire
edit - do none of you guys like to talk about mods and tech? at least i got you n00bs in here. >:O
------------
installed 4cyl front springs today
------------
the ride height is slightly (1/8"?) higher than my c springs with me in it. the c's only compress about 1/8"-1/4" with driver whereas the 4cyl's compress 1/2-5/8"... or more than one fat finger's worth.

the front now likes to lift up more. even with my street tires it raises up more than it did previously with the 6cyl's. and a lot more than the c's.

for you v8 guys, you already know this stuff, but anyone going drag on their daily driver, damn, these are a good cheap mod. total cost: 10$! and it still rides the same or with no noticeable difference.

hmmm... with my 4.10's, slicks, and my new suspension (lca's/springs)... i wonder how close i can come to letting the suspension all the way out, and maybe with some juice get that wheel off the ground.
Hey Austin if in the search for performance one of your objectives is to lift the front end off the ground you better think about getting battle boxes or torque boxes before you rip the control arms from the chassis. I know people a few people who have unfortunately done this.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2004, 06:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 34
Send a message via AIM to BrooksPS
4.10's, lca's, 4 cyl springs, weld draglites. what the hell do you have done to your car? Your car looks good,looks like an 11 second car. Hope its got some umph to back it up.
__________________
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8448/v6stangscom.jpg--2000 3.8L Lazer Red 5spd---Performance- Nitrous Express 75 Wet Shot, MAC Cold Air, Borla Dual Exhaust, ASP Underdrive Pulley, Jacobs Ignition/Wires, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. *FMS Aluminum D/S*-Appearence- Razzi Full Body Kit, American Racing Rims.-Times--N/A-15.1@93mph--75Shot-14.2@101 - awful 60' times
BrooksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 941
Send a message via AIM to tire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Hey Austin if in the search for performance one of your objectives is to lift the front end off the ground you better think about getting battle boxes or torque boxes before you rip the control arms from the chassis. I know people a few people who have unfortunately done this.
i'm a looong way from worrying about my tq boxes! besides, a properly tuned suspension alleviates a lot of the possible damage you can do to them. if and when i ever get the twinscrew blower on the hope-to-be-built 3.8, /then/ i'd weld some battle boxes on. actually, i'm going to just weld the tq boxes completely on because mine are stitch welded right now. that should be good for a little extra strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksPS
4.10's, lca's, 4 cyl springs, weld draglites. what the hell do you have done to your car? Your car looks good,looks like an 11 second car. Hope its got some umph to back it up.
in the words of my good friends, "it ain't got ****". it will someday though.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics(Lowering Springs Installed) Reaperstang Mustang Audio & Video 13 12-21-2006 01:49 PM
Camber Kit installed and Front spring Isolators TOSSED Vash Mustang Audio & Video 5 03-13-2006 12:36 PM
WTB lx 4cyl. front springs bgbdstang Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 3 02-03-2006 04:34 PM
Installed the springs yesterday heres a few pics SVT_99_Cobra Pictures and Videos 12 07-08-2005 10:32 AM
Springs installed! Stangthang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 10 02-28-2005 05:50 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:50 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.