for those kids that street race - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
for those kids that street race

random guy:

At one of the street racing spots tonight, some 16 yr old was killed when he lost control of his Mustang GT racing a neon. There were over 100 yards of skid marks in the grass, he took out a few mid sized trees,took out a huge steel fence barrel rolling and coming to rest up againt some pipe lines in a church parking lot...It was probobly one of the worst things I have ever seen watching the medical examiner pull out his body out of the mangled car...He had no chance whatsoever...the car looked like a pancake....My prayers go to his family
---
friend of deceased:

yes this is true and he was a lss member (lazerredgt) my best friend his name was simeon pina 17 yrs old great guy i was the first on scene and the thing that brought a smile to my face was the fact that when i was trying my hardest to pull him out he mumbled something and i got closer and it was " at least i won" i smiled and cryed and he died right in frount of my this is by far the worst day in my life. R.I.P man

http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/...7788#post57788
------
i didnt' meet the guy but i do know a couple of his friends (met them). for you guys that want a street racing forum and to continue to be dumbasses, feel free to go to the actual thread, PM him, and tell him how cool and safe you are when you're racing another neon late at night.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2004, 12:10 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
sorry to hear that

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 12:10 PM   #3
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
thats very unfortunate but i still stand by this:

street racing forums dont cause deaths
street racing forums dont "make" people go street race
however,
street racing forums give people a place to talk about it when they do go race.

Like i said, thats very sad and an unfortunate thing to have happen... but the guy didnt roll his car and whatever else just because there are street racing forums on the internet.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2004, 12:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

zim you seem to be less concerned with that guy than just prooving your point. feel free to PM his friends and see post the response you get.

btw, i'm going to dallas today and will be getting those springs. i'll let you know when i ship them and the TRACKING NUMBER and they'll be insured this time. taking a hit on this my friend, hope i still have a good rep business-wise with you.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:20 PM   #5
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by tire
zim you seem to be less concerned with that guy than just prooving your point. feel free to PM his friends and see post the response you get.
no dont get me wrong, thats a horrible thing to have happen... i dont know what id do if i ever lost someone i was close to in a circumstance like that. Ill defanitely have his family in my prayers

ill post about my views on it another topic so this doesnt turn into a battle of rights and wrongs

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 12:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
no dont get me wrong, thats a horrible thing to have happen... i dont know what id do if i ever lost someone i was close to in a circumstance like that. Ill defanitely have his family in my prayers.
i consider street racing and drunk driving similar... both are unwise and dumb choices in my opinion. and i've lost an intimate friend that moved out to california. drunk driver. i talked to her about 30 minutes before she died. believe you me it's worse than you can imagine.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Quote:
Originally Posted by tire
believe you me it's worse than you can imagine.
Not all of us have to imagine it Austin
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
THAT WAS A DUMB THING TO SAY RELLIK...its not ment to mean yes I want you to sit here and really think about it, he is just saying just think if that was you or someone you loved or were close too...

Our club is very much against anykind of street racing, our motto is take it to the track if you wanna run and have a drudge match...

Sure we do the normal revving and taunting to other camaro and honda imports. 90% out of the time they wanna just hear what the exhuast sounds like, and just get a kick out of it. I raped some guy spinning tires 1 night myself after racing at the track, some dumb *** in this lil CRX with his lil girlie friends, all I saw was smoke and heard is squeeling, as my friend was in his Ford Escape just behindme...he was like that was just so wrong...you raped that poor kid!

But thats the extent of my street racing...

SOrry for the loss my friend, hope the family comes through strong.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #9
Regular

Quote:
uhh I think he is saying he has went through something similiar...

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:43 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
uhh I think he is saying he has went through something similiar...
At least someone with a brian understood it.

KrazyPony,
Dont know what or even how you misunderstood the statement, but yes, I've lost a loved one in a car accident. I dont talk about it because It's a little hard on me still, but thanks for jumping down my throat none the less. :*******:
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:47 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
sorry to hear..

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 04:32 PM   #12
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
I should post that research paper I had to do in English about street racing and the influence of Hollywood of it.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
IM sorry to hear about the death. It sucks ***.

But you know what this street racing topic is a very touchy one cause you know what as long as I been doing it. Ive seen one death and this death happen cause the media blew up the spot and every damn fast and the furious wannabe came with there ****boxes thinking there the ****. The death happen when a bunch of guys came on bikes doing like a show type thing and this moron in his ****box came on the street with his lights off and the guy on the bike never saw the car till he was flipping over the car.

Another thing a majority of these street racing deaths are teens that just recently got their liscne and just want to show off. They dont know how to handle a car in anyway possible. Like i mentioned above I been going with a few handful of car clubs that run the "track" and its run right. Never any issues and everyone that showed up had real cars and real races. Just sucks when **** like above happens. I dunno its a rambling but I feel theres a good amount of crews that know how to run a spot.

Dont get me wrong though im not one to race on a public road when theres traffic. I race in an industrial area thats theres no traffic minus those that know of the spot and at that the spots are kepted very hush hush.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 05:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Always sucks when that happens...

I don't street race. I learned my lesson a long time ago. Haven't raced in about two years. I wasn't afraid I would die. I was afraid the cops were going to take my car. A fate worse than death. Good thing they didn't.

But I don't agree it's some sort of horrible, deadly, crime. I drive 90 on the freeway every day to work. If i go off the road, I'm almost guaranteed to die. And it's not cause I'm speeding. The speed limit is 70. If I go off the road at 70, I'm almost guaranteed to die. If you can't control your car when racing, and you go off the road, there's a good chance something similar will happen.

I'd wager street racing is safer than normal driving. At least you're totally concentrated on driving. You're not talking on your cell phone and eating a hamburger and drinking your big gulp, etc. You're totally focused. That doesn't mean you won't **** up and kill yourself, though. But I think the chances are still in your favor.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 05:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
At least someone with a brian understood it.

KrazyPony,
Dont know what or even how you misunderstood the statement, but yes, I've lost a loved one in a car accident. I dont talk about it because It's a little hard on me still, but thanks for jumping down my throat none the less. :*******:
I apologize Rellik I did not know, I meant no offense to you or the luv'd one you were close to. I am truley sorry and feel very bad for that. Let me know if you would like to talk more off topic on this...I have a good ear, honest... Ask Charles ( Fishers Stang )

- Jeff
Old 04-09-2004, 06:54 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
man that sucks, yes I am not in favor of street racing, seen way to much to want to do it. and yes Jeff is sorry,
Old 04-09-2004, 07:46 PM   #17
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
that really sucks. I couldn't imagine anything like that happening to me or any of my loved ones. I don't even want to think about it.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 06:29 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
that sucks, my prayers will be with his family. shoulda taken it to the track

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar