Guys: - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2004, 11:19 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Guys:

Mike just left me a voice mail that he hit a deer on the interstate doing 90 mph

Hope everything is ok dude!

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2004, 11:23 PM   #2

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Mike?? Zimmerman????
Regaurdless hope they are alright
Old 04-15-2004, 11:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hitting anything at 90mph usually doesn't turn out well.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2004, 11:32 PM   #4
Regular

hes ok... i think the deer was lying on the road dead when he hit it....

http://www.mustang-forums.com/forums...3906#post63906

someone else doesnt like deers either.

Reddit
Old 04-15-2004, 11:32 PM   #5
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
ok i just got home... heres what happend:

I was crusin along at about 85-90... came up to pass some guy so i got into the left lane, well as i was right next to the guy while passing, i noticed a mangled deer ahead of me in my lane. I didnt actually hit it, some other guy took the liberty of doing that, but the entire back half of the deer was chillin in my lane... i couldnt go right cause the car i was passing was there, i couldnt go left cause the left shoulder wasnt big enough to give me the room, so i straddled the ****er. I paused my cd player went over it and heard... clunkclaunkclucankccluanck. Yeah, lots of clunkin around. Anyway, i looked at my car and as far as i can tell no damage yet... my front bumper cleared it so it didnt hurt that anymore then it already is... it was just freaky cause it was such a huge hunk of animal... im used to straddling coons or squirrels... not the entire back half of a fockin deer lol

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to BrooksPS
NVM your ok.
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8448/v6stangscom.jpg--2000 3.8L Lazer Red 5spd---Performance- Nitrous Express 75 Wet Shot, MAC Cold Air, Borla Dual Exhaust, ASP Underdrive Pulley, Jacobs Ignition/Wires, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. *FMS Aluminum D/S*-Appearence- Razzi Full Body Kit, American Racing Rims.-Times--N/A-15.1@93mph--75Shot-14.2@101 - awful 60' times
BrooksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:37 PM   #7
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksPS
Oh no, hope he is alright, if not I hope he gets healthy quickly.
psst... im fine

I like toys
Old 04-15-2004, 11:48 PM   #8

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
psst... im fine
good to hear
Old 04-15-2004, 11:57 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

should have slammed on the brakes, got out cut his head off and mounted it on yoru frat's living room wall. they make great trophys
Old 04-16-2004, 12:20 AM   #10
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
should have slammed on the brakes, got out cut his head off and mounted it on yoru frat's living room wall. they make great trophys
Durrr, if you had enough time to turn off the CD player you had enough time to stop. No wonder you broke you front end.

Glad to hear you alright though.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:23 AM   #11
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

i didnt break my front end... i saw the damn thing coming in my headlights so i hit the puase button to hear what kinda damage i was gunna take on.

And brandon, the head was gone... this was literally the rear end of the deer. There was an ***, some body and 2 legs with a furry white tail. Im guess a truck hit it or someting and took the other half with it lol

I like toys
Old 04-16-2004, 12:24 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

You shouldn't have been driving 90 at night and passing cars. You are damn lucky.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:06 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
glad to see tha tyou are alright mike!

the springs are sent so if there is any suspension damage, wait for them to arrive and use the new springs. just think... if you were lowered right now you could be looking at hundreds in damages to your front valence. be glad they got lost!
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:41 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
lol hed still be dragging that deer all the way to his room.

good thing youre ok. now raise the car on jacks, and look under all the frame rails and crap. prolly lots of mangled entrails and such under there. especially behind your rear bumper. lol thats gonna leave a mess.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:54 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I lost a good friend to a deer. He was driving a Convert Buick Electra and he hit the deer it flew over the hood and decapitated him.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:14 AM   #16
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
I lost a good friend to a deer. He was driving a Convert Buick Electra and he hit the deer it flew over the hood and decapitated him.
yikes

Reddit
Old 04-16-2004, 07:56 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Glad to hear your ok, the car can be fixed.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:06 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
lol hed still be dragging that deer all the way to his room.

good thing youre ok. now raise the car on jacks, and look under all the frame rails and crap. prolly lots of mangled entrails and such under there. especially behind your rear bumper. lol thats gonna leave a mess.
pressure washer to the rescue!

me and my mom nearly got killed by a deer in pennsylvania. it jump cleanly over our hood. it was such a close call that the deer's hooves gently tapped the windshield. quite a memorable experience! that is a shame about your friend dangerdude. deer wrecks are so frustratingly pointless.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:13 AM   #19
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

sorry to hear about your freind corey, thats very unfortunate.

As for the people that are telling me things like "I shouldnt have been going 90 on the interstate" and similar comments, give it a rest. I know for a fact im not the only one here that cruises on the interstate. I had be driving for 5 hours, it was 1045 at night, i was 30 miles from my house, and i was ready to just get home. If you've ever driven on an interstate in Iowa you might realize that the 65mph speed limit is just redicuolous. Theres nothing but flat straightaways across the entire state. There was hardly any traffic that late on a thursday night, and i wasnt even close to being out of control.

Dom, by having time to pause my cd player doesnt mean I have time to stop a 3100 lb vehicle going 90 mph within the distance of me seeing the deer and me being on top of the deer. Even if i did slam on the brakes the only thing that would have happend was id do a nice powerslide, my front end would dive to the ground and would have been taken off due to the lessened ground clearance.

It was weird because it all happened so fast but it felt like it was slow motion. I sat there and debated what i was going to do to avoid the thing, paused the player, braced for it, and went over the damn thing. Its hard to explain but it just felt like everything was thought out and i made the right choice.

once again, enough with the "you were going to fast" bull****. We've all been there, dont act like you never have.

I like toys
Old 04-16-2004, 12:45 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It was weird because it all happened so fast but it felt like it was slow motion. I sat there and debated what i was going to do to avoid the thing, paused the player, braced for it, and went over the damn thing. Its hard to explain but it just felt like everything was thought out and i made the right choice.
I understand, and your experience isn't uncommon. When you butt is on the line time seems to slow down and you have lot's of thoughts going on. Your brain sorts out the best option and you go for it.

I had a somewhat similar experience, though at slower speeds. This was back in 91 when I was in Memphis. I was driving down a freshly blacktopped state highway driving my 64 Chrysler. I was passing a car when we come over a slight rise, this way a two lane in my direction road. In my lane was something big and black. Dunno if it was a large dog or maybe a hog. Well it was night and if you ever drove a car with old sytle incandesant lights you'll know why I couldn't ID it. I couldn't go right, the other car was there. I couldn't go left, no should and a big old ditch. So I loosened my grip on the wheel, got off the gas and braced for impact. Whatever it was hit my bumper, bent it too, and bounced around under the car a few times. Lost my front plate too. Went back and couldn't find anything big enough to ID.

At that time I went thru a similar slow down process like you mentioned. My three passengers didn't though and I had three pucker marks in the upholstery that night. Never saw a Marine that scared before or since, lol.

Steve

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:49 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
sorry to hear about your freind corey, thats very unfortunate.

As for the people that are telling me things like "I shouldnt have been going 90 on the interstate" and similar comments, give it a rest. I know for a fact im not the only one here that cruises on the interstate. I had be driving for 5 hours, it was 1045 at night, i was 30 miles from my house, and i was ready to just get home. If you've ever driven on an interstate in Iowa you might realize that the 65mph speed limit is just redicuolous. Theres nothing but flat straightaways across the entire state. There was hardly any traffic that late on a thursday night, and i wasnt even close to being out of control.

once again, enough with the "you were going to fast" bull****. We've all been there, dont act like you never have.
Next time something bad happens to you at 90 on public streets I'm going to laugh.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:57 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:

If you've ever driven on an interstate in Iowa you might realize that the 65mph speed limit is just redicuolous. Theres nothing but flat straightaways across the entire state. once again, enough with the "you were going to fast" bull****. We've all been there, dont act like you never have.
That is flat straightaways and DEAD DEER. Hell if I had been going 90 when I hit the concrete devider in the road My car would have been a real mess.

But in saying that there is nothing wrong with opening up the car on a deserted stretch of road as long as you are well aware of your surroundings and there are no DEAD DEER in the road

Thank God you are OK. Hate to lose a friend over a dead animal in the road!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 04:50 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
YOU WERE GOING TOO FAST!!!!!!!!!

okay, all joking aside, im glad to see youre alright man

just hop under the car and check out the damage, if there is any, it doesnt sound as if anything would have been damaged
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:17 PM   #24
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

i went and looked under my car today and the only thing i could find is lots of deer fur on the exhaust clamp bolts lol

I like toys
Old 04-16-2004, 05:42 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
eh you werent speeding, 90 is nothing. you were going straight, so its not like you were tryong to go 90 into a brick wall. glad to see everythings all good. with your mods, 90 is like barely touching the gas.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:10 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

:
Old 04-16-2004, 10:44 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Zim thats cool your car is clean, 90 is nothing .... glad your ok
Old 04-17-2004, 10:32 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
Zim thats cool your car is clean, 90 is nothing .... glad your ok
Aren't you the guy that always cries when people are street racing because you have to pull their mangled bodies out of cars? Then you go and endorse going 25 over the speed limit?

Way to go.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:36 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Angry

:*******: :*******: :*******: :*******: :*******: :*******: :*******:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser02
Aren't you the guy that always cries when people are street racing because you have to pull their mangled bodies out of cars? Then you go and endorse going 25 over the speed limit?

Way to go.
Well MR.. arnt you just the little punk that has nothing good to say? STREET RACING IS STUPID!!!! U dont understand. When you street race, people are dumb, 2 stupid people racin for nothing. also u have no idea. when you just drive fast, like ZIM was doing, he must know how to drive if he didnt loose his car when he hit the deer. :argue: :damnit: :*******:
Old 04-17-2004, 12:44 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I have plenty of good things to say. But I'm not going to be like: Mike, I'm SOOO glad you are okay because you were being a dumbass and ran over a deer at reckless driving speeds on public streets at night. Boy, I hope you weren't drunk or something as well.

I'm glad he didn't kill himself. But, eh, I wouldn't have much sympathy if he did.

How is "racing for nothing" any different than "reckless driving for nothing"? Going 90 at night on unlit roads and passing cars is way more stupid than streetracing. Every streetrace I've been in has been <60mph. You'll still be pulling Mike's ****ed up body out of his car. And after he rolls his car at 90, I guarantee it'll be more ****ed up than from streetracing.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:52 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar