Fun Ford Weekend is freaking AWESOME!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2004, 07:03 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Thumbs up Fun Ford Weekend is freaking AWESOME!!!

I only went for one day this year (Saturday) but I will definitaly go for the whole weekend next year with my friend and his dad and uncle. I got tons of free stuff (4 or 5 posters, and over 10 magazines). I also got a free t-shirt for renewing my MM&FF subscription. The staff at Atlanta dragway and the pit crews were really cool, they pretty much let you go whereever you want as long as you don't go on the track or mess with the cars. I got to see a pro class car run a 6.36 in the 1/4 mile (that was sweet). There were no wrecks or anything but I saw 3 people tear there cars up - One Mustang in the true street class blew his motor half way down the track and still ran an 11 flat and a during test and tune a lightning sprayed off the line and blew his intake and supercharger up; the force from the explosion bent the hood and ripped off one of the hinges and the hood wouldnt come off. Also during test and tune a 2003 cobra dropped the driveshaft and ripped his IRS up. There was a stock Pinto running 20's (lol) and a supercharged expedition running 12.70's. My friends uncle had his vega with a 460 BB out that ran nines and did huge wheels stands (he also liked to burn the rubber on his brand new slicks, lol).

and now to some pictures (I have 200 of em but here are some of my favorite):

-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: South Carolina
Very nice pics there Jimmy, I actually went for the day aswell with a friend from our club and member onthe forum here white2k1stang, I paid for him to go up withme to FFW for the day, didnt wanna drive alone with my shoulder beingmessed up incase driving was to much for me to do.

I didnt get to see alot of the racing but saw some of it from just behind the pitts there, 1 fella Brad meadows, he drives a 98 Cobra was sporting one of our club banners for the day for some free advertising for the club.

I didnt get there till almost around 3ish... I drove the 98 up for the day an was madly looking some parts, but unfortunately most of the part vendors that were there for fox bodies or my year, and I was looking for 99+ Parts for the Mach1, but I did find some of what I was looking for from a friend up towards gwynnett closer to Atlanta, so it all worked out, I didnt get home this morning till almost 2am since we stopped back into commerce for some dinner and then to see the every yr. drunk fest car burn outs at the hojo ( howard johnson ) that takes place, pretty wild **** there man!

Next time let me know when ya coming up, and we will get togethor!

- jeff

KrazyPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:09 AM   #3
Road Trip!
Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
i was up at the track yesterday, where a bunch of clubs rented out the track, there was the thunderbird/cougar one i was with, a lightning club, an 03 cobra club, like, 3 mustang clubs, then some misc guys showed up

it was awesome, i couldnt imagine the Fun Ford Weekend, i thought yesterday was the ****
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:39 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Region: California
nice looks awsome wish I could have been there.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Send a message via AIM to Suprman
Originally Posted by fast64
a supercharged expedition running 12.70's. :
that was my dad! lol j/k but i am trying to talk him into getting a lightning motor since he allready has a 5.4! got anymore info/pics of it?

also thats my home track! i was gonna go but work called me in on sat! grrrr oh well!

Originally Posted by KrazyPony
towards gwynnett closer to Atlanta
lol its Qwinnett county! lol i should know as i live in it!
Click On Sig For More Info
Best 1/4: 15.49@88MPH

Originally Posted by a232stang
Suprman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Region: South Carolina
hey ok, it was late and to remember where I was driving is like a riddle, am only proud i can remember the state I was in and proud to say i received no speeding tickets in the process!

KrazyPony is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar