quote: Originally posted by cloudstrife79
Nighthawk actually is the most levelheaded and reasonable person to post on this thread thus far... [BAY] Matrix is probably one of the stupidest people I've ever heard.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the military and think that they're worthless, three of my four grandparents served during WWII. Just because you enlist in the military doesn't make you a hero though. I don't see where you get that. Being willing to lay your life on the line "for your country" at the whim of a president who wanted to pick up a war that his dad never got to finish isn't heroism, it's foolishness.
Someone get cloud a tissue.
His dad never finished it huh. Alight I am going to spend sometime on you because I have nothing better to do right now.
Cloud his Dad didnt finish the war because the United Nations would NOT let him.
If you would stop running off at the mouth about how Bush is finishing his Dads war and actually research what your talking about you would find that in on Feb. 27, 1991 Bush issued a cease fire to American troops in Kuwait as the United Nations Security Council resoloution 686 and 687. That means that had Bush gone ahead and went after Sadaam in 1991 that he would have been violating UN Security Council Resolutions in the process.
Now I dont know how that is Bush's fault that his father did not go after Sadaam when it was in essence illegal to do so.
So please stop saying that his dad did not finish taht war when you have The United Nations telling him not to
The current Iraq war is just. You might not give a crap about people other than yourself
but we the american people in general do
We are the world police so to speak whether you like it or not. With out us dealing with people like Iraq and Bosnia and Yugoslavia this world would be in a lot of trouble right now. I am no big fan of Clinton but I do support him for going into Kosovo and Bosnia and ending the mass murder of innocent people that was occuring at the time.
The only grounds that you and every other narrow minded left wing person has on Bush is the WOMD.
To you it doesnt matter that we liberated Iraq and that they are no longer living in fear like they were last year. It doesnt matter to you that Sadaam is in our custody and that his two sons are dead. The only thing that matters to you is that Bush fail at all cost and that you will wish anything upon this country to see him fail.
I can not understand people that think like this. I love America. I will always support this country whether a Democrat or Republican is in office.
Back on the Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Bush is the guy that gives the final say so. He relies on people like the CIA and FBI to gahter intelligence about Iraq. He had support from both sides of the political parties stating that Iraq had
Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Here are som quotes I am sure you would love to read and close your narrow mind to.
These first two quotes are from National Security Cacus Committee member. The first one is a letter
that he wrote to President Bush:
- "There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001
- "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002
These are fromt other Various Democratic politicians over the years:
- "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
- "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002
- "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002
- "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
- "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
And here is one where US Democratic Senators urged
congress and President Clinton
to take action to disarm Iraq of its weapons:
- "[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998
So please stop thinking that this was some kind of conspiracy by President Bush and republicans to invade Iraq and kill innocent people.
Please fill free to respond to all of my examples with logic and reasoning. If you choose to flame me or keep insulting President Bush I will not respond to you and just assume your a 12 year old kid that has been brainwashed by his parents.
This was a beautifully executed post Brent. Congratulations for exposing yet another brain-washed Islamonazi-loving uneducated moron. The fact that those people even exist makes my blood boil. I actually get depressed when I read stuff like that because I just cannot comprehend that some people could think that way when the facts are right there in front of their chubby little faces. Absolute morons! Thanks for showing us this. And again, well done!