look please... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2004, 10:54 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
look please...

Look, I dont know why or if ya'll even look at this. but I need to post it. I knew Mike for about 9 years, played baseball and other sports together and also Grad with him, I guess I (we) will never know why people do things like this. please EVERYONE be safe, get help if you need it,

"Student's death possible suicide
19-year-old Hamilton Southeastern High grad jumped from IU window, police think.

By Kevin O'Neal and Stuart Hirsch
kevin.oneal@indystar.com
April 26, 2004

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Indiana University police were investigating the death of a student Sunday morning that appeared to have been a suicide.

Michael L. Green, 19, was found dead outside Briscoe Quadrangle residence hall, police said. Lt. Jerry Minger, campus police spokesman, said Green's hometown had not been determined on Sunday, but Green graduated with honors from Hamilton Southeastern High School in 2003.

Police believed he climbed or jumped from his dorm room window near the top of the building.

The most probable explanation is that Green's death "was self-inflicted," Minger said. "He exited his residence hall window from the ninth floor."

It was the second suicide attempt reported at IU in a week. On April 19, a student jumped from Ballantine Hall but survived after hitting an awning.

Police said they did not know why Green might have wanted to hurt himself. An autopsy was planned for today.

Green had transferred from a Purdue University campus for second semester at IU.

He spent Saturday night writing a paper in his room until about midnight, said a fellow dorm resident, Chris Duke. That's when Green apparently went to meet friends.

He gave no sign he was discouraged, Duke said.

"He wasn't the kind that would sit alone in his room," Duke said. "He just signed a lease with two other guys to live off campus next year."

Green apparently returned to his room before 2:30 a.m. He had a roommate, but Minger said the roommate was not around.

The window in the room was such that Green likely did not fall through it by accident, Minger said.

An IU police officer heading home from work found Green's body outside the dorm around 6:30 a.m. Sunday. The death came at the end of Little 500 bicycle race festivities on campus and at the start of the semester's final week of classes.

Last week, another IU student broke an eighth-floor window and jumped. Minger said Sunday the 22-year-old remains hospitalized in intensive care but is expected to recover fully from his injuries.

At Briscoe on Sunday evening, a small memorial appeared at the spot where Green's body had been found. It included two bouquets of white, yellow and red roses, a small ceramic angel, a cross, and a black remembrance stone with a Bible verse.

"He that is without sin," it said, "let him cast the first stone." :damnit:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2004, 10:56 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
sorry to hear that man, I havent lost any friends, hope I dont anytime soon.
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:59 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

man it sucks. being 19 u never think that u will go put a buddy in the ground. so far I have seen 6 kids 6 feet under. sucks so bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2004, 11:04 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

**EDIT** this is an update
An IU police log showed that Green and six other students were cited for illegal possession of alcohol near a fraternity house a few hours earlier, but Green only had about one beer in his system, RTV6's Kristi Tedesco reported.

Green's friend, Eric Hoehn, said it wasn't the first time he had been in trouble for alcohol.

"He had a drinking ticket earlier in the year, and got in trouble for that. Last night he got another drinking ticket. I guess that upset him pretty bad," Hoehn said.

Police are investigating the incident as a possible suicide, but the victim's aunt told RTV6 that they didn't believe Green attempted to kill himself." www.theindychannel.com

Look, ima not lookinfor lots of sorrys. I just have to tell someone. thanks tho for your support.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
sorry to hear about your friend, I had a friend of mine that died in a car wreck when I lived back in Indiana when I was 15, so I know how you feel. Hope there was no foul play involved with his accident as his Aunt thinks. If you need anything feel free to e-mail, msg me.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:00 PM   #7
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
that sucks man. I am sorry.

So far, my class has lost 3 ppl. All to car wrecks.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:21 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I understand having to tell someone...been through that man..it's rough. Lost 2 friends in car wrecks..another friend shot himself..then i almost died in car wreck.it sucks
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:24 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

thanks guys
Old 04-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #10
Zim
You want to **** me?