ok, so Rob (purevenom) was right... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #36
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: ok, so Rob (purevenom) was right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrange View Post
vid needs refreshing...i had kyles at 140 last night on hwy 74 and ive been 170 on mine
You racing to see who can become a skid mark first...you or kyle?

140 on that road makes no sense at all....140, 170 on 2 wheels on louisiana roads is about brain dead and just asking to become a wet spot on the highway.
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2008, 06:48 PM   #37
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
You racing to see who can become a skid mark first...you or kyle?

140 on that road makes no sense at all....140, 170 on 2 wheels on louisiana roads is about brain dead and just asking to become a wet spot on the highway.
I would agree and go so far as to say that fast ANYWHERE on two wheels is insane.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
I would agree and go so far as to say that fast ANYWHERE on two wheels is insane.
Even in a controlled environment such as a race track... I don't think i'd want to go 140+.... think about it.... if they make a vehicle... which is a lot safer have roll cages....... haha
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

mike, theres also a video of a turbo fox running a 600.......raped the 600. and getting slowly pulled by a 1000

thats a fast ****ing car
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

I like joes gt-tt, raping all the busas and 1000s
Old 11-03-2008, 11:27 PM   #41
Road Trip!

170 on a bike doesnt feel as fast as you think,we were doing it on I12 one night and i didnt realize i was doing it til i glanced down and mine said 195mph, mines about 20%off because of the front gear.kyles does 140 in the middle of third gear because of the 15K redline...the speed really sneaks up on you....when a group of bikes go riding for the day, our average speed is about 100mph, it doesnt feel so fast because its what they are made to do.

and the roads are smoother on a bike because you dont have 4 points to let you feel every single bump on the road, car feel every bump because they ride on part of the lane that is wore out, the center of the lane is usually like brand new because its used alot less
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:02 AM   #42
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

And you also have possums and anything else that can walk out of the ditches on the roads at any point with .25 seconds to react you end up a skid mark.

140-170 may not "feel" fast, but that doesn't change the amount of time you have to react to a change in the road...nor does it change how the bike reacts to the smallest movement.

That kind of speed on public roadways is pretty ridiculous on 4 wheels (of which I too am guilty), let alone 2....but, we're not your mommie...just don't push kyle to do it because you will be planting him if y'all do. It doesn't take much to egg him on.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #43
Road Trip!

oh, im egging him the other way......i know he is very inexpierienced so im trying to get him riding safe first. buts is all a change, theres a chance a tire could blow out on your car at that speed and kill you...its all part of doing something risky.but i dont do over 100 often, i was just testin his bike out.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
our average speed is about 100mph, it doesnt feel so fast because its what they are made to do.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:
when a group of bikes go riding for the day,
Old 11-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

for God's sakes take the MSF course, Kyle. I'm serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Being on two wheels ROCKS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
Even in a controlled environment such as a race track... I don't think i'd want to go 140+.... think about it....
I do over 140 every track weekend i do, and at the end of the short high(er) speed sections get on the brakes hard enough to lift the rear wheel off the ground and scrub enough speed for a nice hard turn at the end of it.

**** happens on tracks too, but it is actually a very safe environment, even when crashes occur. 2 weekends ago at barber we had 8 red flags and probably 15+ crashes, many at well over 100mph, and 1 guy had to go to the hospital, but was fine. i think he broke a rib or two. and this is a situation where you're pushing to the limits...braking as late as possible etc etc etc.

Blasting down the highway at high speeds isnt even fun to me anymore, aside from the slight rush from the danger i know i'm putting myself in. And that dissipates within a minute. I think it's stupid and extremely reckless. Oh, and...on a race circuit, 90% of the liter bikes there see me blow by them and disappear. It's MUCH more a matter of rider skill than hp there, and it's MUCH more fun.

not that i have anything against street riding, i love it too...but it's just so limiting when compared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar