Ricers getting Smart - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-12-2004, 10:31 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
Ricers getting Smart

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=856302

They gained intelligence? Most of the time in other forums I see, oh mustangs are slow, they suck balh blah. This was different. The guy who called it rustangs owns a 99 GT lmao
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2004, 10:34 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
heh
Old 05-12-2004, 10:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to nickpeck28
Okay, this may sound stupid and Im sure I know the answer already but...

My dad's friend always tries to out do my dad and anyone in my family in anything. My mom has a 99 Cobra w/ a new intake manifold and a few other little tweaks making it around 400-410hp. Now he has a new Mitsu Lancer EVO 8, which has all of 272hp.

He insists that he can smoke the cobra, and now he's telling me "stories" that hes beating SVT's left n right, brand new vetts, 450hp GTO's. He's a tard to say the least. I have my 2001 GT w/ a few added tweaks putting me around 300'ish hp and he swears he'd kill me.

Now, being that the EVO 8 is 4wd, I can see his start being a bit better but top end I dont think that car would pull out. I have seen decked out EVO's get wasted by 425hp GTO's at the track, even when the EVO's used nOs. I want to tell him hes on crack lol. What do you guys think? I have loved cars forever, but never really got into doing stuff with them (now PC's I am a pro lol) and am starting to get into it.
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2004, 10:42 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

only car i raced AWD was a 3000GT Vr4, some kid in my school has a Evo8, they are crazy, they are light so he would most likly beat you. My friend with the Vr4 is selling for a GT, but he raced a 2001 GT, with Exhaust, Intake, TB, some other minor things. Mustang lost by 6-8 cars. When a Vr4 or Evo, lauches, the can go from 6000 rpm, they are gone. very fast cars. I was in it when he did a 6k launch, the tires sqeak thats it, boom gone, they are fast, from a stop you shouldnt win.
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Old 05-12-2004, 10:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black95GT
only car i raced AWD was a 3000GT Vr4, some kid in my school has a Evo8, they are crazy, they are light so he would most likly beat you. My friend with the Vr4 is selling for a GT, but he raced a 2001 GT, with Exhaust, Intake, TB, some other minor things. Mustang lost by 6-8 cars. When a Vr4 or Evo, lauches, the can go from 6000 rpm, they are gone. very fast cars. I was in it when he did a 6k launch, the tires sqeak thats it, boom gone, they are fast, from a stop you shouldnt win.
Yah, that I know, they do have awsome take off's but in overall speed/ top end they slow up to most cars. Like most ricers, they accel something fierce but thats usualy it. Im not doubting its fast but he tends to add to stories.. ya know that type of person, everyone does lol.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:06 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well, I think he will beat u by at least 4 cars, maybe more depending on traction and how good you are. And top end, u down shift those bad boys into 4th, and hit 14lbs or boost, your up to 110, shift it 120 up to 130, Ive been in it, and they are crazy fast.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, I think he will beat u by at least 4 cars, maybe more depending on traction and how good you are. And top end, u down shift those bad boys into 4th, and hit 14lbs or boost, your up to 110, shift it 120 up to 130, Ive been in it, and they are crazy fast.
Damn, sounds quick . I read that a lot of the stuff in the front end is all alum, is that true? Im sure that helps with the wieght factor. Thats the one thing holding mustangs back, is the wieght.... Well at least the normal stangs you can buy, not the stipped out Cobra R's n what not. So I take it thats a tuff car to beat then huh?
Old 05-12-2004, 11:24 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well the Vr4 weighs about 4,700. Its really heavy, but has a lot of power, Most of the weight is from AWD, active aero, and active spoiler. same with exhaust.

Old 05-12-2004, 11:27 AM   #9
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Well the Vr4 weighs about 4,700. Its really heavy
are you sure about that??? thats more than 1000 pounds heavier than a mustang GT. I know theyre heavy, but i was under the impression of them bein around 3600-3700 lbs... not more 2.5 tons though

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:30 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

in his manual, it said 4,700 punds, without fluids
Old 05-12-2004, 11:35 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Well the Vr4 weighs about 4,700. Its really heavy, but has a lot of power, Most of the weight is from AWD, active aero, and active spoiler. same with exhaust.
Dude your numbers are way off the 3000 GT Vr4 weighs 3810.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1998@$...0GT%20VR4.html

Hell 4700 lbs is like the weight of a Ford Excursion BY GOD
Old 05-12-2004, 11:42 AM   #12
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Dude your numbers are way off the 3000 GT Vr4 weighs 3810.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1998@$...0GT%20VR4.html

Hell 4700 lbs is like the weight of a Ford Excursion BY GOD
thank you corey, i was freakin out at 4700 lbs!! lol...

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:43 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol opps, for some reason i thought it said 4700, its a 92 they are 3803, Ill look in his book, maybe I read the wrong number. but with him in it, and fluid its over 4100
Old 05-12-2004, 11:49 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

wtf did i read is his book thats said 4700 lol
Old 05-12-2004, 11:50 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

3810Lbs is curb weight so that is with all of the engine fluids and such. Just no fuel in the tank. Fuel Capacity 19.8 X Gasoline weight 6.5lbs per gallon = 128.7 pounds for a full tank.

3810 + 128.7 = 3938.7 lbs
Old 05-12-2004, 11:51 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

4208.7 pounds with him in it...I was close lol
Old 05-12-2004, 02:53 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
hrm, not to spoil any fun the gt guys may have, but theyre seriously not that fast. i was with this one asian chick once(hot as hell but annoying) and we rolled up on a brand new yellow GT, and she was like "hey i know him, he just got that car, he goes to my school". so they started talking out the window, and hes all "yeah i bet that car has nothing on my gt" i was like "yeah prove it"

so we went from 30 to 90 and i had him by a car at the end of 3rd. then he had the nerve to do the ricer flyby and flashed his hazards. so i caught up with him. "youre last car was a honda huh?", he gave me the most suprising face, "umm, yeah, integra ls with gsr head and type r cams" i was like "nice flyby, funny how the honda boys always do that" then he got pissed. "yeah well i was catching up to you, i was about to hit 4th and i wouldve been gone". "really, i was about to hit 4th, youre lucky i didnt, i wouldve left you so bad youd sell your car after you realized you just threw all that money down the drain, hows youre insurance being to ya?" and with that, he took the first right.

and you know im not fking with you, you all saw the vid of me vs the sti, look how good i hung with a high 13 sec car. he only had me by about 1/2 car at 75ish. so i know im prolly in the mid 14's with my current mods. and i havent even touched the boost control yet, the only thing i got is the 3" catback, intake and bov. i cant wait till i get my car back(in shop for getting rear ended), and new tires are coming, along with a nice settlement check, which will include a front mount, evo 16G turbo, fuel pump, injectors and afcr to tune. then the srt4's will kiss my *** goodbye. and ill be competing with camaro's, a dream of mine for a long time.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:07 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
hrm, not to spoil any fun the gt guys may have, but theyre seriously not that fast. i was with this one asian chick once(hot as hell but annoying) and we rolled up on a brand new yellow GT, and she was like "hey i know him, he just got that car, he goes to my school". so they started talking out the window, and hes all "yeah i bet that car has nothing on my gt" i was like "yeah prove it"

so we went from 30 to 90 and i had him by a car at the end of 3rd. then he had the nerve to do the ricer flyby and flashed his hazards. so i caught up with him. "youre last car was a honda huh?", he gave me the most suprising face, "umm, yeah, integra ls with gsr head and type r cams" i was like "nice flyby, funny how the honda boys always do that" then he got pissed. "yeah well i was catching up to you, i was about to hit 4th and i wouldve been gone". "really, i was about to hit 4th, youre lucky i didnt, i wouldve left you so bad youd sell your car after you realized you just threw all that money down the drain, hows youre insurance being to ya?" and with that, he took the first right.

and you know im not fking with you, you all saw the vid of me vs the sti, look how good i hung with a high 13 sec car. he only had me by about 1/2 car at 75ish. so i know im prolly in the mid 14's with my current mods. and i havent even touched the boost control yet, the only thing i got is the 3" catback, intake and bov. i cant wait till i get my car back(in shop for getting rear ended), and new tires are coming, along with a nice settlement check, which will include a front mount, evo 16G turbo, fuel pump, injectors and afcr to tune. then the srt4's will kiss my *** goodbye. and ill be competing with camaro's, a dream of mine for a long time.
Dude please dont start that "GT's are not that fast crap" not faster than what!!! They are faster than 60-70% of the cars out there so saying things like that are useless. I could take a brand new GT and with $2000 rip 95% of the cars out there. So speed is relative. For the price they are a nice performing car END OF STATEMENT!!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 03:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

"i wouldve left you so bad youd sell your car after you realized you just threw all that money down the drain, hows youre insurance being to ya?" and with that, he took the first right."

But its still a rice burner. No thanks. Ill juice my car up a bit, but Id rather have it look kick *** right now lol. I cant afford any tickets and I roll at about 70mph everywhere I go which isnt good, so if I add more HP Ill hang myself.

Luckily more n more tracks have opened up around here that will let you run the track for awhile for next to nothing so Im sure if I start doing that Ill want to add to it a bit here n there. But man, parts arent cheap .
Old 05-12-2004, 04:26 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

bwahahaha

No thats great

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:52 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to grooveman
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpeck28
I cant afford any tickets and I roll at about 70mph everywhere I go which isnt good, so if I add more HP Ill hang myself.
that sucks dood, i do 80 on the freeway everywhere, no tickets. i can practically watch my fuel gauge drop tho. OWNED.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:03 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Quote:
I could take a brand new GT and with $2000 rip 95% of the cars out there. So speed is relative. For the price they are a nice performing car END OF STATEMENT!!!!
yes you could spend like 25-30 grand on a new GT and run mid 14's. put 2 grand into it and hit 13's. or you could spend 10 grand INCLUDING the car and run 13's. so no, speed is not relative, albeit stangs look just as badass as some higher end cars out there, but you have just wasted 20 grand on 4 more cylinders. so i guess then its all relative.

we had a contest at my other site(dsmtuners.com) on who got to 12's the cheapest. one guy did it in 1200 including the car(500 for awd talon, 200 for evo16G junkyard turbo, unbolted exhaust, 200 starion front mount and pipes, bov, pump and injectors, and a afcr to tune) but its still a 1g and looks like crap IMO. but hes running 12's. bet youre stang couldnt do 12's in 1200 bucks INCLUDING the car.

and yes, i do drive a rice burner. remember that when youre looking at my altezza-less domestic rice as i spool and pull ever so hard on you.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 03redfire cobra
Quote:
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=856302

They gained intelligence? Most of the time in other forums I see, oh mustangs are slow, they suck balh blah. This was different. The guy who called it rustangs owns a 99 GT lmao
Nice!

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV
2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8
03redfire cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:21 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to knife13
How to Race a Ricer

Racing a ricer can be made fun if your situation allows it. We've all been there and it only happens two ways. You are cruising along the road when all of a sudden; a pissed off bubble bee comes buzzing along side of you. It's not a sleek hornet or even your typical garden bee. It's one of those big round bastards that science isn't sure why it can even fly. Yeah, the slow noisy one that doesn't actually have much sting to it. Or you might be moving carefully through traffic when you stubble upon said insect. I digress...

The situation is always the same from this point forward. Its buzzzz, then higher pitched buzzzz, still higher pitched buzzzz as he granny shifts it and that 6 inch autometer tach registers 7000rpm.. He's ready. So you thinking to yourself "fuggit"; I'm going to teach this little jaggoff a lesson in respect. BOOOM, your off, 3-4-5-6 car lengths BUSLENGTHS, shutdown. Owned.....

Not a problem right? Well now you've went from the speed limit to doubling it and back to the speed limit again. We all expected this right? But to your dismay, here comes jaggoff having only shifted once because he cannot get that super efficient high-tech engine to rev fast enough to require more than one shift; but here he comes anyway. You are now the target of a ricer flyby!

We've all seen it and it's annoying. You smoke this dumbsht, laid the smack down, and you were secure in the knowledge that he wasn't getting any for sure after that ownage. Then they do the ricer flyby and claim success.

To ensure his inability to pass on his genes for a long time and to make this otherwise pointless exersize fun, you perform the counter-flyby. While this takes some discipline, you will find mastering this skill most rewarding. You wait, as long as you can, preferably until he is almost to your rear bumper and....

SMOKE HIS *** AGAIN! Even at his full throttle (not sure there is much difference between 1/2 throttle and full on a rice box but..), you will accelerate, match his speed and walk him and make him your biotch. Once again you are putting states between you and your new ricer biotch. Here is where you seal his fate and help guarantee the quality of the gene pool for the next generation. You turn on your hazards. While science has yet to decipher exactly what this means as it seems to change from situation to situation, it can be assumed that you are signaling to he and his prospective other that he just got owned and is now your biotch.

Please do your part in protecting the future of the human race. You might even be saving a ricer from ricer hell!
Old 05-12-2004, 08:51 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
yes you could spend like 25-30 grand on a new GT and run mid 14's. put 2 grand into it and hit 13's. or you could spend 10 grand INCLUDING the car and run 13's. so no, speed is not relative, albeit stangs look just as badass as some higher end cars out there, but you have just wasted 20 grand on 4 more cylinders. so i guess then its all relative.

we had a contest at my other site(dsmtuners.com) on who got to 12's the cheapest. one guy did it in 1200 including the car(500 for awd talon, 200 for evo16G junkyard turbo, unbolted exhaust, 200 starion front mount and pipes, bov, pump and injectors, and a afcr to tune) but its still a 1g and looks like crap IMO. but hes running 12's. bet youre stang couldnt do 12's in 1200 bucks INCLUDING the car.

and yes, i do drive a rice burner. remember that when youre looking at my altezza-less domestic rice as i spool and pull ever so hard on you.
Dude like I said I am not going to get in a debate over domestic or rice. I done see the need. I am not a import hater or ever said anything about your car. I have been building cars before you were born and that included a couple of early 240 Z's. I am not a hater and your car is nice so be decent. I could buy a used GT and with $ 2000 have it in the 12's it can be done I seen it and done it with Camaro's
Old 05-13-2004, 01:39 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by knife13
Racing a ricer can be made fun if your situation allows it. We've all been there and it only happens two ways. You are cruising along the road when all of a sudden; a pissed off bubble bee comes buzzing along side of you. It's not a sleek hornet or even your typical garden bee. It's one of those big round bastards that science isn't sure why it can even fly. Yeah, the slow noisy one that doesn't actually have much sting to it. Or you might be moving carefully through traffic when you stubble upon said insect. I digress...

The situation is always the same from this point forward. Its buzzzz, then higher pitched buzzzz, still higher pitched buzzzz as he granny shifts it and that 6 inch autometer tach registers 7000rpm.. He's ready. So you thinking to yourself "fuggit"; I'm going to teach this little jaggoff a lesson in respect. BOOOM, your off, 3-4-5-6 car lengths BUSLENGTHS, shutdown. Owned.....

Not a problem right? Well now you've went from the speed limit to doubling it and back to the speed limit again. We all expected this right? But to your dismay, here comes jaggoff having only shifted once because he cannot get that super efficient high-tech engine to rev fast enough to require more than one shift; but here he comes anyway. You are now the target of a ricer flyby!

We've all seen it and it's annoying. You smoke this dumbsht, laid the smack down, and you were secure in the knowledge that he wasn't getting any for sure after that ownage. Then they do the ricer flyby and claim success.

To ensure his inability to pass on his genes for a long time and to make this otherwise pointless exersize fun, you perform the counter-flyby. While this takes some discipline, you will find mastering this skill most rewarding. You wait, as long as you can, preferably until he is almost to your rear bumper and....

SMOKE HIS *** AGAIN! Even at his full throttle (not sure there is much difference between 1/2 throttle and full on a rice box but..), you will accelerate, match his speed and walk him and make him your biotch. Once again you are putting states between you and your new ricer biotch. Here is where you seal his fate and help guarantee the quality of the gene pool for the next generation. You turn on your hazards. While science has yet to decipher exactly what this means as it seems to change from situation to situation, it can be assumed that you are signaling to he and his prospective other that he just got owned and is now your biotch.

Please do your part in protecting the future of the human race. You might even be saving a ricer from ricer hell!
Best.Post.Ever

I just ate me a nice Neon yesterday. This yellow neon was total decked out, but I cant tell if it was a standard edition or a "better" one, but he pulls up and has his tin can sounding muffler rev'ing at me, I look over and hammer it in 1st gear and never saw him after that...

well, not until a mile down the road till the next stop sign. It was funny, and needless to say he wasnt rev'ing that pos at me that time lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar