Some of the good that may come out of Obama's Presidency - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Some of the good that may come out of Obama's Presidency

Technology | Change.gov

This is something that annoys the every living **** out of me in regards to Republicans. They don't talk about things like this. They don't talk about much of anything actually, just about how terrible the other side is.

I hope that Obama gets to implement this technology policy. America is falling behind drastically in this area. Our internet speeds rank among the lowest among developed countries. We do not embrace technology where it can make government more efficient.

Let's hope that at least we catch ground in this area, if not for the other policies some of you disagree with.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Re: Some of the good that may come out of Obama's Presidency

Im just worried about my guns at this point.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

i really dont think he is going to try anything on gun control:

Quote:
Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions.
Barack Obama on Gun Control

give it a read and you can see him trying to compromise between letting americans buy and own guns, but at the same time, cutting down on gang violence and "unamerican" uses of guns.

on another note, obama also said on monday night football that, if he could, he would bring college football playoffs.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

I like the internet speed thing. However, Biden has been involved with trying to put some ridiculous laws on the internet which pisses me off. I can't find the news article I read about it now, but it was pretty ****ty.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #5
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
No one is going to take your guns. Did people take your guns in the 90's?

No they didn't. It's nothing but fear that drives people to vote like this.

If people gave a **** about our debt and economy like they did their guns we'd have a balanced budget every year and the economy would be through the roof.

Reddit
Old 11-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

Found the article
Joe Biden's pro-RIAA, pro-FBI tech voting record (CNET) by CNET: Yahoo! Tech
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
No one is going to take your guns. Did people take your guns in the 90's?

No they didn't. It's nothing but fear that drives people to vote like this.

If people gave a **** about our debt and economy like they did their guns we'd have a balanced budget every year and the economy would be through the roof.
-1 because he gives me more of the impression of a European and gun laws over there are retarded.

Plus, I don't give a **** about our deficit. If we want to cut it, how bout we stop sending money all over the world for "aid" that just ends up in the hands of the powers that be and quit investing in the UN....Or, how about we start putting a price tag on bailing people out of their damn troubles...or send Europe and Japan a bill for WW1 and WW2 reconstruction....
Old 11-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

This is the first place I'm beginning to see the differences between mine and his beliefs. This is also where people are getting the idea they won't have to work:

Quote:
Originally Posted by obama
* Expand the Earned Income Tax Credit: Obama and Biden will increase the number of working parents eligible for EITC benefits, increase the benefits available to parents who support their children through child support payments, increase benefits for families with three or more children, and reduce the EITC marriage penalty, which hurts low-income families.
* Raise the Minimum Wage to $9.50 an Hour by 2011: Barack Obama and Joe Biden believe that people who work full time should not live in poverty. Even though the minimum wage will rise to $7.25 an hour by 2009, the minimum wage's real purchasing power will still be below what it was in 1968. As president, Obama will further raise the minimum wage to $9.50 an hour by 2011, index it to inflation and increase the Earned Income Tax Credit to make sure that full-time workers can earn a living wage that allows them to raise their families and pay for basic needs such as food, transportation, and housing - things so many people take for granted.
* Provide Tax Relief: Obama and Biden will provide all low and middle-income workers a $500 Making Work Pay tax credit to offset the payroll tax those workers pay in every paycheck. Obama and Biden will also eliminate taxes for seniors making under $50,000 per year.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I'm also quite curious about this statement:

Quote:
Provide generous tax cuts for low- and middle-income seniors, homeowners, the uninsured, and families sending a child to college or looking to save and accumulate wealth.
So can I tell the government I'd rather take my tax dollars and invest them in my 401k versus paying them to you?

*edit* I'll just update this post with inquiring posts from his website...

Quote:
Obama and Biden support a system that allows undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens.
2:

...and this just contradicts itself all over...
Quote:
A Commitment to Fiscal Responsibility: Barack Obama will pay for his $50 - $65 billion health care reform effort by rolling back the Bush tax cuts for Americans earning more than $250,000 per year and retaining the estate tax at its 2009 level.
Quote:
The Obama tax plan is a net tax cut – his tax relief for middle class families is larger than the revenue raised by his tax changes for families over $250,000. Coupled with his commitment to cut unnecessary spending, Obama will pay for this tax relief while bringing down the budget deficit.
How can someone seriously say they're gonna pay for something with a program that is going to be a net loss? I'm confused...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
This is the first place I'm beginning to see the differences between mine and his beliefs. This is also where people are getting the idea they won't have to work:
Yup...earned income...the only thing they did to earn that income was spread their legs and pop out a kid...yup...that's makes them worthy of bonus money.

And Brad, yeah, a lot of things he says start contradicting or become vague...but it doesn't matter which politician it is, they all do it. It's how they keep their jobs...they say something to appeal to a specific audience in a way that they can later tell another audience it means something different.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #11
Regular

Quote:
Plus, I don't give a **** about our deficit. If we want to cut it, how bout we stop sending money all over the world for "aid" that just ends up in the hands of the powers that be and quit investing in the UN....Or, how about we start putting a price tag on bailing people out of their damn troubles...or send Europe and Japan a bill for WW1 and WW2 reconstruction....
You just made my point. You countered my point by saying you don't give a **** and that guns are more important. I agree we can cut the deficit by reducing governments. But people are more worried about their guns. They fight tooth and nail to make sure they can by a gun but not to make sure our government is conservative. If they fought tooth and nail to make sure the Republican party was actually conservative the Republicans wouldn't have to make elections about Gay Marriage, Abortion and Guns every 4 years.

Reddit
Old 11-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

It would still be all about it. Those are the same damn points of interest every election cycle...one side of the isle says the opposite of the other side. Personally, abortion should be no where near an election point....neither should whether homos can get married...but for some reason the media drives these points constantly.

Those points won't change until someone comes out and says "Who gives a **** about that frivilous stuff, let's talk about the issues". That won't happen though because everyone is too scared to lose a vote or two because they offend someone.

Some day maybe a candidate will get up there and just say what he thinks and not pander to the lame *** media and special interest groups that pull their strings like marionettes (sp?). Oh wait, that's right, there was a guy this time around, but the media burried him so yeah...that's going to be a tough one to accomplish.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #13
Regular

lol its funny we both end up on the same page but take completely different paths to get there.

Reddit
Old 11-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
lol its funny we both end up on the same page but take completely different paths to get there.
Well, you are from Alabama, so I understand that you might take some weird routes to get where you need to be.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:27 PM   #15
Regular

At least it's a smooth ride unlike Louisiana

Reddit
Old 11-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I'd come up with a crushing reply to that one, but, I think even our freshly paved stuff is rougher than y'alls roads.

Could be worse though, could be NY...now those roads suck donkey balls.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
me too. or my lack thereof.

i put getting out of debt and getting at least one handgun and one rifle by middle of next year a priority.

looking to get a SiG P250. havent even started looking at rifles yet.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
me too. or my lack thereof.

i put getting out of debt and getting at least one handgun and one rifle by middle of next year a priority.

looking to get a SiG P250. havent even started looking at rifles yet.
I didn't think y'all could have handguns?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #19
Regular

I'm probably picking up an AK-47 for Christmas. My dad just bought him an AR-15.

Reddit
Old 11-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #20
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

zomg obama is presidane... buy guns buy guns buy guns....
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #21
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
zomg obama is presidane... buy guns buy guns buy guns....
Got the guns....stocking up on ammo now.

And brent, here you go...funny short article about a 3rd party candidate coming to the party and crashing it.

WAFB Channel 9, Baton Rouge, LA |La. Democrats blame independent for Congress loss
Old 11-06-2008, 11:42 PM   #22
Regular

lol nice. If Democrats wanted the seat they should have had better candidates. Obviously they didn't reflect the majority.

I was proud of Huntsville. Obama nor McCain received 50% of the vote thanks to independent voters. Unfortunately the country was lopsided McCain.

Reddit
Old 11-07-2008, 12:24 AM   #23
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

It just shows that our city is progressive and full of smart people that do their research, instead of taking the stuff force fed by the media.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:38 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

the thing i dont understand about voters who care so heavily about the 2nd ammendment is the fact that they get taken advantage of. please dont take this as a personal attack, just hear me out. im also a believer in the 2nd, and all ammendments, but the fact is, its a topic that is going to stay as is. just as abortion will continue, so will the 2nd ammendment.

the second ammendment is to put the power in the hands of the people - to establish a self defence against tyranny. while for the most part, most parties preserve that right, the republican party suppresses the people they claim to support. so they say, sure have your guns, but we will tax you to death and slowly take away your freedoms and liberties while investing in the interest of big business and lobbyists who continue to take advantage of the lower and middle class (ESPECIALLY the middle class). that is not conservative... i mean... when is the line drawn that the fact that certain conservative topics (abortion, gay rights, gun laws) are just used as bait to draw them into a more oppressive government?

im not saying that the democratic party is much better in this regard, but at least they are not pretending to be something they arent.

im glad to hear that alabama has their **** together. id really like to see the GOP crumble and a more reasonable, good-for-america party come to power.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

its like trying to fix a problem by continuing to throw money at it or to get more and more involved... sometimes if the gov would just GTFO of people's business they could handle it on their own. Let the market stabilize itself... let business owners realize they need to make good decisions to keep their business going not stupid ones.... but its far to late for that... you cant fix some thing by screwing with them more... it just makes things worse.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #26
Road Trip!

quit beating around the bush, im buying a long range 50 cal...when the **** hits the fan....party at my house!!!
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #27
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

That works...I'm looking to pick up the short range 50 cal...so we should be covered at any distance.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I guess ill buy the ammo.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #29
Regular

AK-47 or xBox 360 for Christmas? I'm torn lol

Reddit
Old 11-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

^^AK-47. Im hoping for a Remmington 308. Or my 3in cowl hood.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

for 1 a friend of mine had 2 MP5s and an SKS taken from him by police because the brady law prohibited them (if he hadnt registed them they wouldnt have knew he had them)

the brady bill basicly outlaws ANY semiautomatic gun

only legal guns must be manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action;has been rendered permanently inoperable; or is an antique firearm;
No gun is allowed more than 5 rounds (guess u better hope no more then 5 guys come to rob you and you dont miss either)
Guns specificly listed in brady bill
Norinco, Mitchell, Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9,, M-12;Steyr AUG;INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9,TEC-22;
Street Sweeper and Striker 12
any gun containing the following is illegal
a folding or telescoping stock;a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;a bayonet mount; a flash suppresser or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppresser or silencer; and a grenade launcher, any handgun over 50 ounces,

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Brady Bill Text

since all the obama fans will call me a liar look it up urself only i put it in plain english

Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
That works...I'm looking to pick up the short range 50 cal...so we should be covered at any distance.
DESERT EAGLE??

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar