2012... Come On Paul! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
2012... Come On Paul!

Commentary: GOP should ask why U.S. is on the wrong track - CNN.com

He is getting so much airtime. He has a chance right now to bring the Republican party back.

Best part:
Quote:
During the debates in the Republican Presidential primary, even though I am a 10-term sitting Representative Member of Congress, I was challenged more than once on my Republican credentials. The fact that I was repeatedly asked how I could be a Republican when I was talking a different language than the other candidates answers the question of how the Republican Party can slip so far so fast.

My rhetorical answer at the time was simple: Why should one be excluded from the Republican Party for believing and always voting for:

• Limited government power

• A balanced budget

• Personal liberty

• Strict adherence to the Constitution

• Sound money

• A strong defense while avoiding all undeclared wars

• No nation-building and no policing the world

How can a party that still pretends to be the party of limited government distance itself outright from these views and expect to maintain credibility? Since the credibility of the Republican Party has now been lost, how can it regain credibility without embracing these views, or at least showing respect for them?

I concluded my answer by simply stating the Republican Party had lost its way and must reassess its values. And that is what needs to be done in a hurry.

But it might just take a new crop of leaders to regain the credibility needed to redirect the Party. It certainly won't be done overnight. It took a long time to come out of the wilderness after 40 years of Democratic rule for the Republican Party to take charge. Today though, time moves more quickly. Opportunities will arise. The one thing for certain is that in the next four years we will not see the Republic restored. Instead the need for it will be greater than ever.

The problems are easily understood and the answers are not that difficult. Abusing the rule of law and ignoring the Constitution can be reversed. If the Republican Party can grasp hold of the needed reforms, it can lead the way and regain its credibility. If power is sought for power's sake alone, the Party will never be able to wrench away the power of the opposition.

In the past two years, I found that when the young people heard the message of liberty, they overwhelmingly responded favorably, fully realizing the failure of the status quo and the need to once again endorse a system of self reliance, personal responsibility, sound money, and a non-interventionist foreign policy while rejecting the cradle-to-grave nanny state all based on the rule of law and the Constitution.

To ignore the political struggle and only "hope for the best" is pure folly. The march toward a dictatorial powerful state is now in double time.

All those who care -- and especially those who understand the stakes involved -- have an ominous responsibility to energetically get involved in the battle of survival for a free and prosperous America.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442
Re: 2012... Come On Paul!

He's one of our best bets to slap the rest of the government in the face and wake them up. The problem is, since he's going against the grain, he may make too many enemies to get the Republican Nomination.

I'd love to see him there, but the fact that McCain was this years "choice" shows you how much faith we should have in the Republican Party.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

I would not be suprised t see him on the ballot in 2012.
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

bastard, beat me to it.

i had that article copied and was about to make a new topic

i seriously hope Palin runs for president in 2012 just so ron paul can completely pwn her into oblivion.

and i can definitely see him on the ballot in 2012 just for the simple fact that the republican party IS facing an identity crisis and i can see a lot of republican politicians (and voters) seeing ron paul as the GOP messiah. AND additionally i can see the media getting a boner from the situation and giving him the same spotlight as obama (they love the drama, the change, etc).

obama vs ron paul 2012. that will be an epic showdown.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Regular

Crossing my fingers.... I'm going to be pushing it to everyone I come across if he runs for President again on the Republican ticket.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

I'd vote for him
Old 11-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

This nation will be so ****ed up and fed up with empty promises that Ron Paul will literally walk up to the white house in 2012. We need to go back to the ways of thinking and leadership that turned us from a 2nd world country to a 1st world superpower, and currently he is one of very very few with that sort of thinking and standards.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

i think ron paul would be great in 2012. here is why:

in a nutshell, keynesian economics says that the government should spend during times of recession and in times of inflation, they should cut back spending.

obama will do a lot of good infrastructure work. revive our dying economy. then ron paul comes in and does his thing. if only it were that easy.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar