Dumbest thing I've done in awhile... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-28-2004, 12:56 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Red face Dumbest thing I've done in awhile...

Just got off work and dropped off a guy from work. I decided to take surface streets home, the freeway seemed out of my way. I go by this block buster where I see this old integra, or some old accord.. I dunno, I could hear it come next to me as we roll up to a light. I guess he was a sleeper of imports, he had the crystal bright *** headlights, a fart cannon, NO body kit (The paint looked chipped and all screwed up). On the other side of the street I see these big lights on this car, the Cops pulled over someone and they had the huge flood light setup on their car. Stupid *** me decides to gun it at the light, the accord did the same and we just flew lol

It was stupid because the cops were RIGHT THERE and we did it anyway.

As for the race.. I was slowly pulling forward, he was trying hard with his manual transmission. Seemed like everytime he changed gears I got ahead alittle bit more. I beat him by half a car length, I slowed down from traffic ahead of us but he zoomed by like he won or something. I looked over at him, windows slightly tinted he gave me the thumbs up and made a quick right turn at the next light.

My little V6 still surprises me sometimes, if I lose it's normally to a V8 but I take the import people pretty well Oh well.

Score Tonight:

Jessica - 1
Import - 0
Max Speed - 85mph

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2004, 01:02 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
lol ive raced in front of a cop before, he had already pulled over some black crx ahead. so me and some prelude line up about 100 feet away. i revv it, and he just looks ahead. so we roll out slow, then get faster, then faster, then bam i hit it, he hits it. i turn off my lights as i fly by the cop so he doesnt get my plates(1:00 at night) and i smoke the *** off that prelude. the cop was just amazed as we flew by at about 70. too bad he was talking to the other guy pulled over and realized it too late, of course after signaling my win i pulled off of that street and went home.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 02:40 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

I felt so dumb with this stupid grin on my face the rest of the drive home

Preludes are pretty quick aren't they? Good kill

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2004, 03:07 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
theyre supposed to have 200hp stock. but no match for the eclipse, whose competition is STOCK GT's, STi's and Evos.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:43 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

I've seen 2 Evos in my neck of the woods, PLENTY of STis.. and of course GTs are plentiful in any year

Old 05-28-2004, 04:05 PM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
my stupid story of the month.

My mom made me late to graduation last night, so of course im in a hurry. and i had to pick up 2 ppl. so im going to the grad place, and a lot off ppl from my school are around. i see one of my best friends in his tacoma and we stop next to each other at a red light. he's only got 4 cyl, i wasn't wanting to race. but i revved it up and left a lot of rubber on the road. His girl was in the car and he drives like a grandma, so i was tryin to see if i could get him to show out any. he didn't.

So we're still driving, 4 lane road w/ a turning lane in the middle. (does that make it 5 lanes?) and traffic is horrible, and i don't want to be late cuz ill get a ****ty parking spot. im in the left lane, and there are just too many cars and nowhere to pass.
except the turn lane. there's a space about 5 cars in front of me, so i whipped it into the turn lane and floored it. hit 110.

then another car from the other direction goes to turn and gets in the turn lane. Nowhere to go on the right, so, I go left. I pass all the cars and the one in the turn lane, on the wrong side of the road, still going about 90 prob. as i get back in the turn lane and look for a spot to get back in a driving lane, I pass my principal who is also running late.

oops...

it's all good, he never said anything
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 04:32 PM   #7
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
my stupid story of the month.

My mom made me late to graduation last night, so of course im in a hurry. and i had to pick up 2 ppl. so im going to the grad place, and a lot off ppl from my school are around. i see one of my best friends in his tacoma and we stop next to each other at a red light. he's only got 4 cyl, i wasn't wanting to race. but i revved it up and left a lot of rubber on the road. His girl was in the car and he drives like a grandma, so i was tryin to see if i could get him to show out any. he didn't.

So we're still driving, 4 lane road w/ a turning lane in the middle. (does that make it 5 lanes?) and traffic is horrible, and i don't want to be late cuz ill get a ****ty parking spot. im in the left lane, and there are just too many cars and nowhere to pass.
except the turn lane. there's a space about 5 cars in front of me, so i whipped it into the turn lane and floored it. hit 110.

then another car from the other direction goes to turn and gets in the turn lane. Nowhere to go on the right, so, I go left. I pass all the cars and the one in the turn lane, on the wrong side of the road, still going about 90 prob. as i get back in the turn lane and look for a spot to get back in a driving lane, I pass my principal who is also running late.

oops...

it's all good, he never said anything
lol

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar