Reagan Dies at 93 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2004, 04:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuvMyGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 62
Send a message via AIM to LuvMyGT
Reagan Dies at 93

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS...alth/index.html



The news just broke. Ronald Reagan is dead at 93. I'll miss him.

LuvMyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #2
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Same here
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 05:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Warfire80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Illinois
Posts: 798
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
he lives on through his ship:


USS Reagan
__________________
2007 Honda Civic EX
2003 Dodge Ram Hemi 4x4

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-05-2004, 06:28 PM   #4
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
and his Airport
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 06:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
even though he was a republican he was a good president
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 06:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ponycarman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Texas
Posts: 349
Goodbye Gipper, I am proud to have served under you and prouder to call you a fellow American.

Steve
__________________
1996 Mustang
1965 Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:08 PM   #7
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
even though he was a republican he was a good president
you mean becauseh e was a republican he was a good president
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
^^^^^ no he was one of the only good republicans of the late 19th century
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:47 PM   #9
Registered User
 
01mineralgrey6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,715
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
you mean becauseh e was a republican he was a good president
__________________
-Tony
'99 cobra 'vert
01mineralgrey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 11:21 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
^^^^^ no he was one of the only good republicans of the late 19th century
u mean 20th century? if it was the 19th he wud have been with Abe
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 11:33 PM   #11
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
u mean 20th century? if it was the 19th he wud have been with Abe
lol
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 11:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Warfire80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Illinois
Posts: 798
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
u mean 20th century? if it was the 19th he wud have been with Abe
That one made me think for a sec
__________________
2007 Honda Civic EX
2003 Dodge Ram Hemi 4x4

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:25 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
u mean 20th century? if it was the 19th he wud have been with Abe
I GOT OWNED
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:38 AM   #14
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
I GOT OWNED
:wstupid:
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:07 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
yea reaganomices are really solid. to bad good old george W. messed them up so bad. the whole idea about reagan was to cut govt. spending . Bush kinda almost inverted that and took us from the biggest surplus to our biggest national debt ever. and he said he was following reagans econ plans.
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:32 AM   #16
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
yea reaganomices are really solid. to bad good old george W. messed them up so bad. the whole idea about reagan was to cut govt. spending . Bush kinda almost inverted that and took us from the biggest surplus to our biggest national debt ever. and he said he was following reagans econ plans.
You got to remember he had a Terrorist Attack that crippled the Travel Business. It shut down airports for days. Airline companies are still going under. Then he had to deal with Venezula and the oil strike. He went after the Taliban, and then removed Sadaam.

You know all those Jobs Kerry keeps saying were lost during Bush's Presidency? How many want to bet they were lost within 6-8months of 9/11? Airline Layoffs, airline companies going down. Not to mention the fact that two buildings that held 20,000 workers per building are no longer standing. My mom ran a Travel Angency up until 9/11. She had to sell it after. No one wanted to fly or leave the country.

Yet if you look at the economy today there were 1.2 Million jobs created last year. 280,000 between March and May.

The Economy is coming back.

Will people realize this? I guess we wil find out in November
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 02:07 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ponycarman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Texas
Posts: 349
You know, stupidity shows itself.

Who spends the money?

Congress.

The President cannot spend a nickel. He can propose, he can ask, he can even beg. But Congress has to do the spending. So ******bags like Kerry and other morons who claim that the President spent all the money are lying. People who believe it are idiots.

I also laugh in the face of people who actually believe the "surplus" line. Wanna buy a bridge?

Steve
__________________
1996 Mustang
1965 Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:55 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
first off he can spend he *asked* for 2 wars, one of which i think was unnessary, but im not about to get in to that.and whats wrong with the surplus.....it exsisted if thats what your gettin at.
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:00 AM   #19
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
You got to remember he had a Terrorist Attack that crippled the Travel Business. It shut down airports for days. Airline companies are still going under. Then he had to deal with Venezula and the oil strike. He went after the Taliban, and then removed Sadaam.

You know all those Jobs Kerry keeps saying were lost during Bush's Presidency? How many want to bet they were lost within 6-8months of 9/11? Airline Layoffs, airline companies going down. Not to mention the fact that two buildings that held 20,000 workers per building are no longer standing. My mom ran a Travel Angency up until 9/11. She had to sell it after. No one wanted to fly or leave the country.

Yet if you look at the economy today there were 1.2 Million jobs created last year. 280,000 between March and May.

The Economy is coming back.

Will people realize this? I guess we wil find out in November
Again after all that has happened in the last 4 years we see economic growth and job creation beginning to show.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:08 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I am a big Reagan fan and had it brought tears to my eyes when I heard the news. He was a great man and a great leader!!!

He will be missed
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:25 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 386
Send a message via AIM to Smokedya95stang
lata
__________________
-Charles
Smokedya95stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:30 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Rick0636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,552
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Reagan was probably the best president of my lifetime so far, and I have been around for over 50 years. The Democrats have never showed me anything, and yes, the legislative branch is the only branch that spends money, not the executive branch. If the Senate and Congress don't approve it, it just doesn't happen. Period.
__________________
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Patrick Swayze dies at 57 hottcobra The Bar 13 09-16-2009 06:42 PM
dies and i dont know why burbach Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 07-07-2008 11:11 PM
Racer dies Scut95 The Bar 7 06-30-2008 09:16 PM
Pavarotti Dies......... Thomas91169 The Bar 11 09-06-2007 08:13 PM
great Reagan quotes WhiteStang99 The Bar 12 06-10-2004 02:56 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:26 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.