Car Shopping *Pics + Vids on my new Digi Cam - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2004, 11:31 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Car Shopping *Pics + Vids on my new Digi Cam

So today I went car shopping with a friend of mine and my brother. This was mostly about cars my friend wanted to get. On his list of cars to check out and test drive were.. 1. RX-8, he was determined that this car was going to be the one he would go for next. 2. WRX STi, he knew little about the car but was interested in what it had. 3. Mini Coop SS, he just likes little things that go fast

Anyhow, we first got to the Suburu dealership. I acted all hot and asked this chick to help us. I told her a BS story of where I work and who I am to get the treatment. She led us to the WRX's which were all good and fun, but I asked about the STi models. She led me to the back of the place behind closed doors to 3 WRX STi's and I would say 8-10 Dodge Vipers all ranging in year. I asked more questions about the car to her when she got the president of the store to come out and help us. He was extremely helpful, he used to race in 68-82 or something like that. He actually owns an STi because of how great they were. He even let us sit in his car as we drove around blasting through tight turns through side streets which I thought the car would skid out of control but it just hugged the ground supurbly. We went through a street with small dips, holes, big cracks in them and we couldn't feel much of the car actually bouncing all over the place. The only thing you could really feel was the tires hitting those small things. It stopped on a dime and it took off at a high rate of speed.

After getting in the car and graciously talking about the STi we headed down to the RX-8's. We got to test drive those.. and they sucked in comparison :-/ So yeah, Suburu really has my friend hooked, and a little bit of it

We checked out the GTO, the RX-8, and went to the BMW area but they were being ******** as no one in the entire lot couldn't help us. They were just standing aroud talking.

Anyhow, some random pictures of the trip.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2004, 11:35 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Side notes: The video - WRX STi, wish I had started to record earlier because this guy had me grinning with all the crazy turns at high speeds he was doing with this car.

The resturant pics are from Cafe 50's Diner, I love those 50's Diner places Johnny Rockets and all.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:09 AM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Get a Gt or Cobra... NOW!

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2004, 12:35 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

I wish Cobras are expensive

Old 06-06-2004, 12:40 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
mmm STi, those are sick cars, but theyre so expensive and are gonna be a little high on the insurance side. the RX8 are a very nice car, but not as fast as the STi. but the RX8 prolly handles better in the turns. and the RX8 isnt turbo'd, the STi is.

shouldnt you be looking for a new car?

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:54 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Actually, because the STi has 4 doors it's considered a sedan. It's actually going to be as cheap as a Civic And as for RX-8 being handled better, I dunno.. I was so impressed when the driver of the STi took this 90 degree turn going 40

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar