Just installed the Cat-back - Thanks to All - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2004, 01:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Just installed the Cat-back - Thanks to All

Thanks to the guidance of this excellent forum I have completed step #5 in the V6 improvement process. (1) CAI went on two weeks ago, (2) decals went on, (3) new wheels and tires (crossroadzdirect.com), (4) the floppy antenna (you just CAN'T forget that ) and today the dual Magna-flow Catback. MAN -- THIS IS FUN!

I bought the cat-back system from extremeeffects.com. To try to be as objective as possible, at first I was really frustrated. I had ordered a flowmaster system and I hadn't heard from them for about a week. I was probably a bit of a paranoid jerk, but I hadn't dealt with this company before, they had a chunk of money from me and I just couldn't seem to get an answer.

Now... in their defense. Every company has some transactions that just don't flow smoothly. What makes them a solid company is their ability to work through the problems -- anybody can just fill orders -- it's solving the tough ones that sets one apart in my opinion. If there wasn't a delay in the communications I would have nothing at all to complain about. Extremeeffects gave me the RIGHT system for my car at a fair price. And it is the right system -- it sounds amazing.

During installation we did have an issue lining up the tailpipes and we did break a hanger in the process -- so if your installing one, make sure you have a lot of patience and a few extra hangers around. I had Supreme Muffler in Metairie, Louisiana do the job after I decided I would really prefer to have a lift and a torch to do it -- and chances are if I continued with the job I would have ended up with my medical co-pay anyway. I would also recommend having someone else who has a lot of experience install this set... the passenger side tail just wants to be a bit higher than the driver's unless you really work it. Yet, with the patience and experience it is honestly a fantastic system. In my opinion I am very pleased the Flowmasters were backordered. The Magnaflows put out a perfect sound on the V6. I do like the sound of Flowmasters on a V8, but on the V6 I am sold on Magnaflows.

So -- step #5 is done. Thanks extremeeffects -- thanks to Brent and MineralGrey for all their help so far -- and thanks to all the gearheads who keep guiding me along with all the great suggestions. Step 6 - UDP -- I already have the gauze and peroxide ready for my knuckles.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...ine=1089064571
Digger
1999 3.8V6 Convertible in Progress.
Performance: CAI, Magnaflow Dual Catback from ExtremeEffects.com, UDP from VMP (25% ASP), 17x9 Wheels and 275/40 Tires from CrossroadzDirect.com, SCT Tuner from VMP
Exterior: 232 Rear Emblem fromAutobadges.com, Mach 1 Grille Delete, Mach 1 Hood Decal, Rear Bumper Letter Decals, 3 Horse Door Decal, Shorty Antenna (Definite 15 Front Wheel HP!)
Interior: Billet A/C Knobs/Billet Pedals/Billet AOD Knob with O/D Switch (MGW)/Billet Locks/Billet E-brake Handle/Billet Turn Signal cover
Coming up: 4.10 gears from MidwestMustang.com and T-Lok from Gene Evans Ford/Tranny Cooler
digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2004, 01:39 AM   #2

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Congrats on the exhaust! And we're all happy to help
Old 06-09-2004, 09:34 AM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Congrats man glad to help

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2004, 06:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
congrats bro, modding is so addicting
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:03 PM   #5
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
IM buying some magnaflow mufflers here soon.... they sound pretty mean all the way through the powerband?

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:06 PM   #6
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
IM buying some magnaflow mufflers here soon.... they sound pretty mean all the way through the powerband?
Magnaflow are weak imo. Get Flowpaths

Reddit
Old 06-09-2004, 10:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The addiction. That's too accurate of word 232. I can feel myself getting hooked.

To Zim -- Brent has been WAY to helpful for me to openly disagree with him (a little respect -- a little diplomacy LOL) so I rest on the fact that I italicized "my opinion" way up in the first post.

I'm not quite sure how to do a a .wav file for sound, but if someone wants to lend some advice I'll try to make one and let you hear it. To me it has a solid, deep growl but I can still hear my stereo (only because I have the FLOPPY ANTENNA!). If I accelerate quickly it is more than loud enough for me, but if I'm just cruising it's not droning. A buddy of mine has Flowmasters on his GT and that, too, sounds incredible. Remember, I have a convertible so the road sounds are greater than in an enclosed vehicle. Further, I have not yet installed an UDP or a chip so that may adjust the effect.

Nevertheless, before you buy, see if you can hear all of them. Bottom line is, for my V6 convertible, I am very, very pleased. If I can help in any way with my rookie knowledge just let me know.

Digger
Performance: CAI, Magnaflow Dual Catback from ExtremeEffects.com, UDP from VMP (25% ASP), 17x9 Wheels and 275/40 Tires from CrossroadzDirect.com, SCT Tuner from VMP
Exterior: 232 Rear Emblem fromAutobadges.com, Mach 1 Grille Delete, Mach 1 Hood Decal, Rear Bumper Letter Decals, 3 Horse Door Decal, Shorty Antenna (Definite 15 Front Wheel HP!)
Interior: Billet A/C Knobs/Billet Pedals/Billet AOD Knob with O/D Switch (MGW)/Billet Locks/Billet E-brake Handle/Billet Turn Signal cover
Coming up: 4.10 gears from MidwestMustang.com and T-Lok from Gene Evans Ford/Tranny Cooler
Old 06-09-2004, 11:43 PM   #8
Regular

Its cool if you like them. They just sound to mellowed out to me.

Do you have any sound recording device? Video Camera? Digital Camera that takes video or sound?

Reddit
Old 06-10-2004, 07:33 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Magnaflow are weak imo. Get Flowpaths
Well Mr Magnaflows are weak Goober. They dont have the fake maufactured chambered sound at Idle that is for sure, but they outflow all chambered mufflers and when you open the throttle they do growl.

So Mr Magnaflows are weak. What is on your car ?????? 2:
Old 06-10-2004, 08:00 AM   #10
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Well Mr Magnaflows are weak Goober. They dont have the fake maufactured chambered sound at Idle that is for sure, but they outflow all chambered mufflers and when you open the throttle they do growl.

So Mr Magnaflows are weak. What is on your car ?????? 2:
My friend has them thats how I know. 2000 V6

Reddit
Old 06-10-2004, 08:05 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
My friend has them thats how I know. 2000 V6
Well you observations were fairly correct especially on a sneezy wheezy 99+ V6 that sounds like a 3 yr old with asthma.

On 94-98's the exhaust sounds much better mainly because they have a rumble to start with, unlike the 99+ wheezers MUHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
Old 06-10-2004, 08:30 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
If you have money get bassani my dad just put that on a 01 sixer and i loved the sound.
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:08 AM   #13
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
im gettin the 2 magnaflows for 60 bucks... thats a hard deal to pass up

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 01:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Well you observations were fairly correct especially on a sneezy wheezy 99+ V6 that sounds like a 3 yr old with asthma.

On 94-98's the exhaust sounds much better mainly because they have a rumble to start with, unlike the 99+ wheezers MUHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
ouch!
Old 06-10-2004, 01:42 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mineralgrey6
ouch!
Yours is not wheezy anymore so please hold your head up high
Old 06-10-2004, 01:52 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Yes Brent, I do have both a digital camera and a VCR. Instruct me oh wise one...

Oh -- and by the way Danger... you did get an outloud laugh from me. My 99 V6 before the Magna's did sound EXACTLY like a 3 yr old with asthma!

Digger
Old 06-10-2004, 01:53 PM   #17
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger
Yes Brent, I do have both a digital camera and a VCR. Instruct me oh wise one...

Oh -- and by the way Danger... you did get an outloud laugh from me. My 99 V6 before the Magna's did sound EXACTLY like a 3 yr old with asthma!
does the digital camera take video? Audio? Both?

Reddit
Old 06-10-2004, 03:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Yours is not wheezy anymore so please hold your head up high
Old 06-10-2004, 03:08 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:

who has more hp a 99+ or a pre 99? hmmmmm:drive:
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 03:12 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

99+ 190-193bhp in a wheezy *** car
98 150bhp in a rumbling exhaust

My 98 217-225bhp Me the winner
Old 06-10-2004, 03:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry Brent... had to find everything. The camcorder is a digital video camcorder. I'm not sure how good the audio quality is. At any rate, what do I do next?

Digger
Old 06-10-2004, 03:35 PM   #22
Regular

Take the video and then it should come with some cables like a usb cable or something to hook into your computer. If it comes with just a/v cables you have to buy a video capture card.

Reddit
Old 06-10-2004, 03:45 PM   #23

Quote:
My 98 217bhp Me the winner
I would say so
Old 06-10-2004, 04:36 PM   #24
Regular

Quote:
99+ 190-193bhp in a wheezy *** car
98 150bhp in a rumbling exhaust

My 98 217bhp Me the winner
thats all you have? Yea I'm def getting a 4.2 lol

Reddit
Old 06-10-2004, 05:01 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Dude I have yet to put on the BV heads and BV lower intake good for another 20-30 HP
Old 06-10-2004, 05:49 PM   #26
Regular

Quote:
Dude I have yet to put on the BV heads and BV lower intake good for another 20-30 HP
well sorrrrryyyyy

Reddit
Old 06-10-2004, 06:12 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

OK I agree you are sorry DOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:givebeer: :hammer:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar