Prediction thread: SEC Championship... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Florida 8 50.00%
Alabama 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #36
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Re: Prediction thread: SEC Championship...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I guess you don't understand the concept of intentional grounding. Oh well, Alabama played well. Florida edged us out when it was all said and done. I hope Florida destroys Oklahoma.
Ok, that one was questionable, but all in all, a great game by both teams. Go SEC.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #37
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

THat grounding wasn't grounding and was the right call. #81 was right there where the ball landed...therefore a receiver was in the area. It is no different than spiking the ball at the line. That isn't grounding because there are receivers right there. Same in this case...his receiving was right there. They don't need to have to be ready to catch the ball...they only need to be in the area.

I thought florida was going to lose the way they just kept trying to run. They were torching y'all with the pass but couldn't run with 8 in the box. Everytime they started throwing, they moved the ball.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

It was a fun game to watch, although I just get annoyed with the announcers orgasming over Tebow every 3 seconds.

Sure hes a great player, but give me a break.

"he's been hit by linebackers all year, but he can still do that"... talking about a quick slant route TD throw...

Any College QB should make that throw, it just gets annoying when because someone is good, everything they do is made out to be miraculous.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #39
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Between the nutswinging from tebow, and the freaking 3 name wonder sarah jessica parker....it was very annoying.

Then again, their blatant miss calls about what just happened. "He got enough for the first down." Um, really? Looks to me like his head didn't even reach the line after laying all the way out let alone the ball when it was down 2 yards back.

I've found the announcers on CBS really do suck...about as bad as the ones for monday night football...
Old 12-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #40
Regular

Region: Tennessee

This whole JPW **** is annoying. We get it. We can't all have Quarterbacks as awesome as Jarret Lee. Oh well. I guess we will just have to go 12-1 and lose to the best team in College Football in the SEC champ game. If you don't like hearing about JPW and Tebow maybe your team should make the SEC champ game or just don't watch the damn game. I know, it's a difficult thing to grasp.

Facebook is full of dumb Auburn fans and LSU fans talking trash about the second best team in the SEC. Get over it. Alabama has a stout team this year, JPW is a decent QB and took his team to a BCS bowl game.

As much as I HATE Tebow he won the game for Florida. He is a good CF QB. I think he will crash and burn in the NFL but that is to be seen.

I certainly wouldn't be talking trash about Auburn or LSU if they were 12-1 and their only loss was to Florida in the SEC champ game. I wish you guys would show a little respect to a good team.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:32 AM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
This whole JPW **** is annoying. We get it. We can't all have Quarterbacks as awesome as Jarret Lee. Oh well. I guess we will just have to go 12-1 and lose to the best team in College Football in the SEC champ game. If you don't like hearing about JPW and Tebow maybe your team should make the SEC champ game or just don't watch the damn game. I know, it's a difficult thing to grasp.

Facebook is full of dumb Auburn fans and LSU fans talking trash about the second best team in the SEC. Get over it. Alabama has a stout team this year, JPW is a decent QB and took his team to a BCS bowl game.

As much as I HATE Tebow he won the game for Florida. He is a good CF QB. I think he will crash and burn in the NFL but that is to be seen.

I certainly wouldn't be talking trash about Auburn or LSU if they were 12-1 and their only loss was to Florida in the SEC champ game. I wish you guys would show a little respect to a good team.

I did
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #42
Regular

I wasn't talking about everyone.

Reddit
Old 12-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Between the nutswinging from tebow, and the freaking 3 name wonder sarah jessica parker....it was very annoying.

Then again, their blatant miss calls about what just happened. "He got enough for the first down." Um, really? Looks to me like his head didn't even reach the line after laying all the way out let alone the ball when it was down 2 yards back.

I've found the announcers on CBS really do suck...about as bad as the ones for monday night football...
The best part was when the guy said "Ingram in for quarterback for Alabama." and the other guy says "Um no, he's a running back, the quarterback is JPW and he's standing next to him" "Oh."
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #44
Regular

CBS does have the worst announcers by far.

Reddit
Old 12-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #45
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Sorry Brent, but I have to call you out. You would talk trash if it was Auburn instead of Bama... You know you would, I know you would, you always do.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #46
Regular

I absolutely wouldn't. It's a different story when they are 5-7. I didn't talk trash in 2003. I was actually rooting for them.

Reddit
Old 12-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Final Standings:

n8r: |31 - 31| + |21 - 20| = 1
Scut95: |28 - 31| + |21 - 20| = 4
MarkuzLS1: |38 - 31| + |24 - 20| = 7
Mustang Fan 2003: |28 - 31| + |7 - 20| = 16
ThaWill: |24 - 31| + |10 - 20| = 17
PureVenom: |44 - 31| + |10 - 20| = 23

'grats nate.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #48
Regular

Couldn't have said this better: ESPN - What we learned in the SEC: Week 15 - College Football Nation

Quote:
4. Alabama deserves another shot: The odds are stacked against them and the reality is that it's not going to happen in the current BCS system, but why do the Crimson Tide get penalized so much for losing late. They lost to the best team in the country right now in a game that could have gone either way and a game that was played at a neutral site. They're as deserving as any of the one-loss teams to play in the BCS National Championship Game. They beat three top 15 teams along the way -- all three away from home -- and were No. 1 in the BCS standings the last five weeks of the season. Unfortunately for them, when you lose is a key element in determining who plays for the national title in the current system. That doesn't mean they don't deserve another shot. Is it too much to ask for an Alabama-Florida rematch?

5. Saban's worth the money: For Nick Saban to have done what he did with Alabama's program in his second year is remarkable. Before we all forget, this is the same team that lost to Louisiana-Monroe in November of last season. Again ... Louisiana-Monroe. Clearly, though, this was a different team on the field, and it started back in the offseason when the seniors bought into what Saban was selling. His handprint was all over this team. The Crimson Tide were physical, resilient, disciplined and almost obsessively focused. Nothing seemed to rattle these guys, and that's the way Saban rolls. The rest of the SEC had better get used to it, because he recruits the same way. Saban might be making an average of $4 million per year, but he goes about his business like he's coaching to save his job every day. It's what makes him so good.
Like I said, I didn't like Tubby, but I respected him for what he accomplished. I just ask the same back for Saban and the guys he coaches.

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar