I just wrecked my car! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-13-2004, 01:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to BlkStang4Me
I just wrecked my car!

I can't believe this. I just wrecked my car about 3hrs ago. I had to run up to work to check on a server. I was heading north on a 4 lane street. There is a pretty wide median in between the north and south bound lanes. I was making a left hand turn and it appeared the southbound lane was clear. I started to accelerate and BAM....there was a car zipping south in the closest lane to me. Nothing I could do to prevent it at that time. I this POS Sentra right on the left front tire and of course scraped him all the way down.

My car is trashed. The hood is crumpled, both the front quarter panels are smashed. The front left one was pushed back so I couldn't open the driver side door. Luckily I could open the passenger side otherwise I would be climbing out the window. Bunch of fluid was draining out...most likely radiator fluid. I couldn't believe it. BTW...Did you guys know the hood is fiberglass?

I doubt my car is totaled but I'm kinda hoping it is. When I got this car, I had to trade in my other car early. I still owed some money on it. Of course this was just added to my current car payment. The GT was just out of my price range at the point so I got a V6. But since I have Gap insurance, my car could be completely paid off and I may be able to get that GT after all.

Sad thing about this is that I've only had the car just over 3 months and I go and f*** it up. Cop came up to me and sad.."Damn, that WAS a nice looking car!" We both laughed a little bit and I sad...."Yeah...it WAS!"

I had the car towed to the dealership since it just happened to be about a mile down the road. I won't know anything until Monday morning most likely. Insurance company is supposed to call me back by noon tomorrow. Doubt I will find out much then.

I'll let you guys know what happens when I find out. For now....NoBlkStang4Me.
BlkStang4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2004, 01:19 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Ugh I know how that is losing a car. Hope you're alright though man

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 01:45 AM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Hopefully it wont be totaled.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2004, 01:51 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
brent i think he wants it to be totalled, that way he is debt free(thats what i got from it)

and then a GT will be within his grasp. sometimes i wished they totalled my gst, cause i found out that turbo+fwd=bad. i wouldve gotten a GSX if they totalled it, or a older 4.6 GT.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 02:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to Smokedya95stang
totalled is the best option, after an accident like that and it hitting the egine, its not worth it
Old 06-13-2004, 07:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I'm ok. Just really pissed off and really bummed. Yes, I do want them to total it out. That way my car will be completely paid out and then I can hopefully get a GT. Even if I can't get the GT, I really don't think I want this car after all the damage that's been done to it. With the front end being hit, you never know how well it will drive after they fix it.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:33 AM   #7

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Good to hear that your ok. Good luck on your serch for a new car if they total it
Old 06-13-2004, 10:02 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

From bad to worse

I just found out my insurance company cancelled my policy at the end of May. I was setup for automatic withdrawl and they said they stopped because they never received some paperwork from me. THat's all BS! I don't know what's going to happen now. I am so F***'d!
Old 06-13-2004, 10:05 AM   #9
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
oh no man... thats not good. I hope everything works out for you

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:30 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to nickpeck28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkStang4Me
I just found out my insurance company cancelled my policy at the end of May. I was setup for automatic withdrawl and they said they stopped because they never received some paperwork from me. THat's all BS! I don't know what's going to happen now. I am so F***'d!
Thats BS. They should have been trying to call you to let you know they needed something from you instead of just cancelling out your policy. Get a lawyer and tear the insurance company a new one. Same thing happened to a buddy of mine and he cleaned house lol. Nice settlement. Insurance company got hammered since they screwed up damn near all his paper work.

Amazing really, you pay money out the arse and they screw up....

Good luck man.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:31 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

glad to hear ur ok
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 12:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

BlkStang... don't panic. NickPeck is right. Did you receive a cancellation letter? All states have very specific laws on canceling an insurance policy, required notices, grace periods, etc. What is the name of your insurance company?

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...ine=1089064571
Digger
1999 3.8V6 Convertible in Progress.
Performance: CAI, Magnaflow Dual Catback from ExtremeEffects.com, UDP from VMP (25% ASP), 17x9 Wheels and 275/40 Tires from CrossroadzDirect.com, SCT Tuner from VMP
Exterior: 232 Rear Emblem fromAutobadges.com, Mach 1 Grille Delete, Mach 1 Hood Decal, Rear Bumper Letter Decals, 3 Horse Door Decal, Shorty Antenna (Definite 15 Front Wheel HP!)
Interior: Billet A/C Knobs/Billet Pedals/Billet AOD Knob with O/D Switch (MGW)/Billet Locks/Billet E-brake Handle/Billet Turn Signal cover
Coming up: 4.10 gears from MidwestMustang.com and T-Lok from Gene Evans Ford/Tranny Cooler
digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 12:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I'm with Progressive. They said they sent out a cancellation letter but I don't think I ever got one. I'm going through some of my old mail to see if I can find it. I may still get out of this. I called up the automated system to try and make a payment but it pushed me off to a customer service rep. I told them I wanted to make a payment to get my account up to date. They took my payment and never said anything about my account being cancelled. We'll see what happens now.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Excellent. Check tomorrow and Tuesday on the Progressive Website to see if your payment posted. In the meantime, find any letters you have from Progressive and get the whole proper name of the division that Progressive is operating under in Texas. There's a ton of different divisions). You will want that information for research and filing with the Texas Department of Insurance if they try to play any games.

I'm not an attorney but I've dealt with insurance companies on two separate occassions where they have been VERY screwy. Normally they're the smaller companies with very few assets. I will be happy to share what pitfalls to avoid along the way if that's even necessary. If the payment posts, I think you have very little to worry about.

I do not have Progressive, however my friend does and they have always been very good to him here in Louisiana.

First and foremost, though, I am glad to hear you're physically ok. Sorry to hear about the 'Stang.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...ine=1089064571
Digger
1999 3.8V6 Convertible in Progress.
Performance: CAI, Magnaflow Dual Catback from ExtremeEffects.com, UDP from VMP (25% ASP), 17x9 Wheels and 275/40 Tires from CrossroadzDirect.com, SCT Tuner from VMP
Exterior: 232 Rear Emblem fromAutobadges.com, Mach 1 Grille Delete, Mach 1 Hood Decal, Rear Bumper Letter Decals, 3 Horse Door Decal, Shorty Antenna (Definite 15 Front Wheel HP!)
Interior: Billet A/C Knobs/Billet Pedals/Billet AOD Knob with O/D Switch (MGW)/Billet Locks/Billet E-brake Handle/Billet Turn Signal cover
Coming up: 4.10 gears from MidwestMustang.com and T-Lok from Gene Evans Ford/Tranny Cooler
digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 03:14 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
srry man..
Old 06-13-2004, 04:57 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Black00GT
that sucks

Mods:
K&N filter, Black diamond plate toolbox, and billet grille on the way.

Future mods:
6" lift kit, rims and tires, Catback, Rhino lining, System
Black00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:28 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger
Excellent. Check tomorrow and Tuesday on the Progressive Website to see if your payment posted. In the meantime, find any letters you have from Progressive and get the whole proper name of the division that Progressive is operating under in Texas. There's a ton of different divisions). You will want that information for research and filing with the Texas Department of Insurance if they try to play any games.

I'm not an attorney but I've dealt with insurance companies on two separate occassions where they have been VERY screwy. Normally they're the smaller companies with very few assets. I will be happy to share what pitfalls to avoid along the way if that's even necessary. If the payment posts, I think you have very little to worry about.

I do not have Progressive, however my friend does and they have always been very good to him here in Louisiana.

First and foremost, though, I am glad to hear you're physically ok. Sorry to hear about the 'Stang.
Thanks man. I'm already starting to feel better!
Old 06-13-2004, 10:37 PM   #18
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
man, that sucks. Hope everything works out for ur good.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:12 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

don't you mean "wrecked"?

:pnoid:
Old 06-14-2004, 08:51 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark

don't you mean "wrecked"?

:pnoid:
Yeah.....it was a typo when I first wrote it. I noticed it after the fact and tried to correct it but it doesn't change on the main view under the Lounge.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:32 AM   #21
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
Yeah.....it was a typo when I first wrote it. I noticed it after the fact and tried to correct it but it doesn't change on the main view under the Lounge.
ILL FIX IT FOR YOU!!!!

I like toys
Old 06-14-2004, 02:51 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
ILL FIX IT FOR YOU!!!!
Sweet! Thanks man!
Old 06-14-2004, 03:16 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Question????

I live in Texas. Somebody mentioned to me that the insurance company is supposed to give me 30 days before cancelling my policy. Does anybody know if this is true? I was only given 16 days before cancellation.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #24
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
I live in Texas. Somebody mentioned to me that the insurance company is supposed to give me 30 days before cancelling my policy. Does anybody know if this is true? I was only given 16 days before cancellation.
I would say more than likely yes. Usually theres a standard pre-notification period of 30 days with anything. You should talk to a lawyer to find out exact details, cause just talking doesnt cost you money lol

I like toys
Old 06-14-2004, 04:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

talk to a lawyer fast
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:06 PM   #26
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
talk to a lawyer fast
Yes

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:07 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I went to the Texas Dept of Insurance web site. It says that an insurance company can cancel my policy after 10 days for nonpayment. My whole issue is that I was setup for automatic withdrawl from my account. I had my girlfriend talk to her insurance agent and they said that if they have been doing automatic withdrawl from my account for 2 months, there's no reason why they should of stopped. Now if they had submitted a withdrawl and it was refused for NSF, then it would be my fault. But that wasn't the case. I have it set up to withdraw from my account the day after my check gets deposited. That way I know the money is there!

I'm going to call them back tomorrow and talk with a supervisor and see if we can get this resolved. If not, then I can file a complaint with the TDI and they will try to resolve the issue. I can also contact a lawyer if deemed necessary. But in any case, I should be ok. If they did cancel my policy, the finance company would of taken out insurance on my car for me....it covers their *** in this case. So my car will be covered one way or the other.

Been talking to the guy that sold me the car...he's been awesome! Said that he would help me take care of this one way or another. Also, his dealership is trying to get rid of all their 04 Mustangs. Hmmm....I wonder why? So I should be able to get into another one for even cheaper than the one I just bought.....that's if they total my car out. Also talked to the guy at the body shop. He agreed that it was pretty f***'d up. Can't remember the exact term he used but basically the whole front wheel assembly is shifted off to the right.
If anybody in the Dallas area is looking to buy a new Mustang, let me know and I'll hook you up with my sales guy. He is just awesome. I sent him an IM on Sunday, he called me up this morning and said..."Dude, I got you a loaner car for now. Just come down and pick it up!" I never asked him for that. Just wanted to get his opinion on my situation. Also he gave me a lot of helpful tips when talking to the insurance people. I've never had a sales rep stick with me this long after a sale.

I also took some pics yesterday..unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera. When I get the pics developed, I'll post them for you guys to see. I'll update this thread when I find out more!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar