Search for a new car. - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-24-2004, 08:21 PM   #71
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
buy the v8 and then make fun of everyone else on the board, haha, jp, but seriously, BUY IT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2004, 09:53 PM   #72
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
I don't think so. I just went driving in my dad's Rodeo that was stick shift and god DAMN IT. ****ing annoying as hell, you gotta do this you gotta do that. You left the clutch out just a milisecond before you gave it gas so your car starts humping the air like some old blind dog. **** **** **** **** it just really got on my nerves :cussing: :cussing: :angryfire

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:55 PM   #73
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
I don't think so. I just went driving in my dad's Rodeo that was stick shift and god DAMN IT. ****ing annoying as hell, you gotta do this you gotta do that. You left the clutch out just a milisecond before you gave it gas so your can starts humping the air like some old blind dog.
it just takes practice and then you dont even think about doing it.

Its not hard trust me

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2004, 11:04 PM   #74
Legacy Member
Legacy

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
it just takes practice and then you dont even think about doing it.

Its not hard trust me
it boils my blood just thinking about my experience. *Sigh*

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:42 AM   #75
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
ugh i think the same way about automatics now. they think for themselves, shift when they think its time, not when i think its time. ill never go back to that crap.

and the clutch is different on different cars. i tried learning on my dads 89 dodge spirit, i couldnt even get it to move. then i drove my freinds rsx, only stalled it once and i liked it. then drove the tbird again and hated it, automatics, so monotoneous and boring, made me want to sleep on the way to work in the mornings. so test drove a floatilla of new cars, rsx, rx8,v6 stangs, sn95 GT's(which are badass, yet not as quick as the GST, but the exhaust is enough to give wood), srt4, evo(freinds idea hes a salesman for kia so he just goes to lots and asks if he can test drive to compare and they give him the keys), but i wasnt really impressed with any of them. but my cousin came one day and he has just a GS eclipse, non turbo, slow as hell. but it was really fun to drive. the engine makes alot more torque than the civics i was looking at yet has no high end. originally my sights were set on a gs to rice out, full kit, paint, spoiler, rims, system, the works. then i stumbled on a gst spyder for the same price they sell GS's for. had to do it.

but the sn95 4.6ers should only be around 6 grand in good condition. i wouldnt pay 11 for one unless it had **** done and was truly badass. i would love a 96-98 GT, black 5spd. i test drove one a while ago and it was sweet, had this awesome exhaust tone, way better than the tbirds. id get the GT. cause a turbo car just means more **** can go wrong, and when it does, things can get pricey.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 07:54 AM   #76
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
yeah driving manuals is different for each car. I learned on some old *** pacer, then drove my friends Del Sol, with no problem. Then I tried to drive my granddads old F-150.... that thing was a bltch!
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:03 AM   #77

I learned how to drive a manual on an old VW bus. Very forgiving, even though it was underpowered. Like others have said, once you figure it out manuals come naturally and without thought. Plus you have more control over the car, down shift when you want, upshift when you want, never have to get pissed off at ome tranny manufacturers lame *** shift points.

White '98 3.8l
Mods:
MAC CAI
More To Come
Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:03 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

when i got my stang i got it manual at the time i did not know how to drive manual so i told my dad i buy it and he would teach me to drive it. it was so hard to learn with him and i was really considering trading it for an automatic. but like a week later i got my car alone and drove it nicely i liked it a lot after that
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar