Ebay Auction for a guage pillar - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2004, 10:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to nickpeck28
Ebay Auction for a guage pillar

Hey, do any of you have one of these? I was looking at Summit Racings catalog and I saw one of these listed, or the gauge pod that you attatch to your oem pillar thats in your car already.

Id like to have it built in (like the item in said auction) and just replace the whole thing (since the pervious owner has holes drilled all over the pillar in my car lol, he obviously had guages there before he sold the car). Im just wondering what the finish is like? It says black, but I dont think my interior is full black, but like that black charchoal look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2004, 10:51 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
you can get interior dye for the plastic from ford in the color of your interior (which i am guessing is charcoal grey)
Old 07-01-2004, 10:58 PM   #3
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
I'll think they'll match. Unless you have an 03/04 where they changed the colors.
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2004, 11:01 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
his interior isnt black though
Old 07-01-2004, 11:05 PM   #5
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

My interior is grey, but I have a Black A-Pillar and C-Pillar. It's part of the two-tone thing they started out with.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:23 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i got one of those whole piece a-pillars. its a whole helluve alot cleaner looking and easier to install than the screw on pods.

id get it. hell i have a black pillar pod, and my interior is grey, and the only way youd notice it doesnt match is if i told you.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
i got one of those whole piece a-pillars. its a whole helluve alot cleaner looking and easier to install than the screw on pods.

id get it. hell i have a black pillar pod, and my interior is grey, and the only way youd notice it doesnt match is if i told you.
Yah thats what I was kind of wondering. I doubt it would be very noticable. Yah, I have an 01 GT and the interior is just not an exact black (either that or Im going blind ). But I dont think it would be very noticable once its in there. Of course now I need to get 2 gauges lol.

Anyone know where I can get blue or red background lighted gauges from? There are so many out there and most of the ones I keep finding dont have the colors I want. My dash and headunit are all blue / red so Id like to stay with those colors.

Dash
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nickpeck/rfg.jpg

Headunit
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v...k/S3600075.jpg for some reason this pic is fuzzy, I hate the auto sensing on my digital camera, its for ****.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:00 PM   #8
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

It should work. They might have a little texture on them though. Or they may not. I don't know what the '01 pillar looks like.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
It should work. They might have a little texture on them though. Or they may not. I don't know what the '01 pillar looks like.
Here ya go. The previous owner had some gauges installed there Im guessing since there are hole drilled all up n down the damn thing lol. Yah, the pillar does have some "texture" to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S3600092.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1644   Click image for larger version

Name:	S3600093.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1645  

Old 07-02-2004, 06:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

n/m
Extreme Effects.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:30 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
try to find AC AutoTechnic, thats where i got mine from. they are Halo EL glows. the numbers are blue, with some more important things being red. they are white faced guages, so it might look stupid unless you have white faced ones already.

i did a search for AC Autotechnic and found lots of guages on ebay. i looked at some, and i like the S7 guages, they have a hint of orange in them. what gauges are you looking into getting? A/F guages are basically for looks, they only tell if youre profoundly running rich or lean. basically when you give it gas, it goes to the rich side, and when you let off and decelerate it goes lean. id get Oil Pressure and fuel pressure(if they have it).

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
try to find AC AutoTechnic, thats where i got mine from. they are Halo EL glows. the numbers are blue, with some more important things being red. they are white faced guages, so it might look stupid unless you have white faced ones already.

i did a search for AC Autotechnic and found lots of guages on ebay. i looked at some, and i like the S7 guages, they have a hint of orange in them. what gauges are you looking into getting? A/F guages are basically for looks, they only tell if youre profoundly running rich or lean. basically when you give it gas, it goes to the rich side, and when you let off and decelerate it goes lean. id get Oil Pressure and fuel pressure(if they have it).
Yah, Im mostly going for looks really. Im going to beef the engine up a bit later on (late summer, or next summer) so I want it looking bad *** first . Yah, I have seen some people with the pillar pods what have the blue gauges but never asked where they got them from. As long as they are red and or blue thats cool with me, I just hate having 10 different colors if you know what I mean. Thanks for the help, Ill check out the gauges you mentioned. Summit racing shows a bunch in the catalog but dont really explain anything about them.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:45 PM   #13
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

I know the feeling. All my guages will match. Acutally, all my interior lights will match.

So, I'm wondering if the Autometer Lunar Guages change from green to blue. :chin:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar