if only.............. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
if only..............

if only ford wasnt so stupid, we would have this........

http://www.caranddriver.com/article...article_id=8210

discuss.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 06:04 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
the return of the falcon woot!!! the old falcons were nice light buggers when done right could be made into fast things.. from what i understood thats just in austrailia? if i read right that sucks!!! btw i kinda like that thing alotta hp and that thing could hang with the gtos easy.. but whats up with the rear end that looks almost the same as the gto?
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like an RSX that was raped by a Monte Carlo.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 06:30 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
no rsx that got a gto rammed up its butt
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:39 PM   #5
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Looks sweet.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:57 PM   #6

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Looks sweet.
:yup: I like it
Old 07-05-2004, 07:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
better than a taurus tho

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 07:11 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

its only in austrailia because they dont have the mustang, or so i hear. the reason ford wont do it here is cause it would kill the mustang. it would too. but they dont realize is when the mustang first came out, it was NOT their best car. they still had faster and better cars in their lineup. the mustang was geared towards a family car with get up. and guess what, it still is. ford needs a car that can compete with the Evo, STi and SRT4. the focus is not that. the focus competes with like the Civic, RSX and such. they need a higher class sportscar. the mustang just isnt cutting it nowadays. even the new 05's arent gonna be much of a match for the other cars in the market. why spend 30Gs on a 300Hp Gas eater, when you could spend the same money on a AWD Evo that could spank it any day on half the gas. and ford wonders why its losing money.

Old 07-05-2004, 08:57 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

*SIGH*....

-no comment-

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:05 PM   #10
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
its only in austrailia because they dont have the mustang, or so i hear. the reason ford wont do it here is cause it would kill the mustang. it would too. but they dont realize is when the mustang first came out, it was NOT their best car. they still had faster and better cars in their lineup. the mustang was geared towards a family car with get up. and guess what, it still is. ford needs a car that can compete with the Evo, STi and SRT4. the focus is not that. the focus competes with like the Civic, RSX and such. they need a higher class sportscar. the mustang just isnt cutting it nowadays. even the new 05's arent gonna be much of a match for the other cars in the market. why spend 30Gs on a 300Hp Gas eater, when you could spend the same money on a AWD Evo that could spank it any day on half the gas. and ford wonders why its losing money.
Because its a American Car, has a huge following, looks better, sounds better, and has 4 more cylinders.

No car like that is going to kill the Mustang. It wont happen

Reddit
Old 07-05-2004, 09:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to Smokedya95stang
nothing will kill the mustang.
Right now, its still the best selling car out.

They might be scared that sales will drop.
But its still going in their pokets so i dont see why they care so much,.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

<- upset that ford didn't release it here

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

It would be rivaled only by the almighty SRT4.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:40 PM   #14
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
If SVT would get off their ***, the Focus could rival the SRT4.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to StangGt804 Send a message via Yahoo to StangGt804
Love that falcon, looks like a cheap version skyline!!! NICE!!
StangGt804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
If SVT would get off their ***, the Focus could rival the SRT4.
Not unless they turbocharge it.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:30 PM   #17
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No, the Mustang was geared towards the teenagers. No family of four could sit in a 1967 Mustang and be confortable.

Because the Mustang doesn't compete with the rice rockets. It beat out all of it's competion. I haven't seen Mitshubishi do that yet.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:13 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
the ricer argument of better gas milage with the imports is the most retarded thing i have ever heard. When the 64 was running and was my daily driver, I visited the gas station every other day with pride and laughed whenever I would get on it and watch the needle move closer to E. I loved being able to give it half throttle and break the tires loose and leave a nice trail of smoke down the street. I love how the smell of the exhaust bothered everyone around me. I love being able to feel the power down low that you cant feel in an import. v8s have a deep, low growl that is instantly respected and can not even come close to being duplicated by anything with less cylinders. I love how everyone has a story involving a classic mustang when they were a kid. I love getting stopped by random people when I am driving so they can look at my car. Mustangs are about as American as apple pie and baseball. Pretty much what I am trying to say is Mustangs have everything little imports don't. The imports are a little fad, Mustangs have been and will be around for a good long time.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:16 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
the ricer argument of better gas milage with the imports is the most retarded thing i have ever heard. When the 64 was running and was my daily driver, I visited the gas station every other day with pride and laughed whenever I would get on it and watch the needle move closer to E. I loved being able to give it half throttle and break the tires loose and leave a nice trail of smoke down the street. I love how the smell of the exhaust bothered everyone around me. I love being able to feel the power down low that you cant feel in an import. v8s have a deep, low growl that is instantly respected and can not even come close to being duplicated by anything with less cylinders. I love how everyone has a story involving a classic mustang when they were a kid. I love getting stopped by random people when I am driving so they can look at my car. Mustangs are about as American as apple pie and baseball. Pretty much what I am trying to say is Mustangs have everything little imports don't. The imports are a little fad, Mustangs have been and will be around for a good long time.
well put man

not to mention i've seen svt cobras for 30g's thats 390 hp not 300 . evo's are nice but too high of maintence for most people.

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 01:17 AM   #20
Regular

Quote:
:patriot:

Reddit
Old 07-06-2004, 01:34 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
well put man

not to mention i've seen svt cobras for 30g's thats 390 hp not 300 . evo's are nice but too high of maintence for most people.
You beat me to it. Ya 390 is far from 300. And even still, I think 390 is a little under-rated, and Ford had no choice but to choke the 03 cobra in the exhaust section to get the power down a little. And for my final thought on Evo's and all that other jap-crap. I'll never buy one. If the engine has enough cylinders to be counted on one hand, it's not worth anytime. I rather drive chevy than drive a honda. As for the Falcon, i think it would do quite well in the states, but I'd dread the day when I see one of these punk kids put on a fart cannon and whale tail on it. You can disagree with me all you want, but this is my opinion before you get all crazy mad.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 01:40 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
You beat me to it. Ya 390 is far from 300. And even still, I think 390 is a little under-rated, and Ford had no choice but to choke the 03 cobra in the exhaust section to get the power down a little. And for my final thought on Evo's and all that other jap-crap. I'll never buy one. If the engine has enough cylinders to be counted on one hand, it's not worth anytime. I rather drive chevy than drive a honda. As for the Falcon, i think it would do quite well in the states, but I'd dread the day when I see one of these punk kids put on a fart cannon and whale tail on it. You can disagree with me all you want, but this is my opinion before you get all crazy mad.
i personally know alot of import people NOT ricers a 1990 300ZX twin turbo is not rice(stock) i dont care what you say. the evo is nice but i'd pref the STi and i would drive either of these over a chevy. i think the whole 390 thing is to keep it in a different class than the Z06 for ratings.

Old 07-06-2004, 01:46 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?link_id=2.437

i hate austrailia.

Old 07-06-2004, 01:51 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

oh and i read more closely, that XR6 is rated at 320 on 6PSi. turn that summabltch up to what we run over here, and holy mother of god. it ran 14.3 in the 1/4. thats exactly where a GT is at. just think of the possibilities.

Old 07-06-2004, 01:56 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

there were 161 mustangs converted to RIGHT HAND DRIVE in 2001

i would kill for one of these

Old 07-06-2004, 02:01 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

^^^lol ok..........

why?

Old 07-06-2004, 02:04 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^^^lol ok..........

why?
one word RARITY how many times have you ever seen a right hand drive mustang?

Old 07-06-2004, 02:21 AM   #28
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

In Australlia, Ford would ship the Mustang down there and then they would do a right-hand drive conversion kit on it. I have a picture somewhere of a 1972 Mach 1 that's right hand drive.

.::For your viewing pleasure::.

More photos at: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...500/password/0
Old 07-06-2004, 02:25 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
In Australlia, Ford would ship the Mustang down there and then they would do a right-hand drive conversion kit on it. I have a picture somewhere of a 1972 Mach 1 that's right hand drive.

.::For your viewing pleasure::.

More photos at: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...500/password/0
wonder how much that cost him?

Old 07-06-2004, 07:24 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
oh and i read more closely, that XR6 is rated at 320 on 6PSi. turn that summabltch up to what we run over here, and holy mother of god. it ran 14.3 in the 1/4. thats exactly where a GT is at. just think of the possibilities.
i'd take the GT though because its N/A and its just as fast as a turbo car, slap forced induction on the GT and the xr6 is toast.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:34 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

or add the same amount of money on the SC for the GT to the XR6 and itll be just as fast. id bet good money with some minor **** that xr6 would be in the low 13's.

Old 07-06-2004, 06:35 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
or add the same amount of money on the SC for the GT to the XR6 and itll be just as fast. id bet good money with some minor **** that xr6 would be in the low 13's.
and the XR6 has 4 doors which could come in handy sometimes.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:04 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

if you want 4 doors, get a neon, if you want power, get a mustang
Old 07-06-2004, 07:32 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
if you want 4 doors, get a neon, if you want power, get a mustang
no if i wanted 4 doors i'd get a WRX over a neon any day of the week if i want power get a non 6cylinder mustang.

Old 07-06-2004, 09:39 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
*sigh* its funny, the only people that seem to care that its a turbo car with more potential than anyone would believe are the guys with turbo cars...
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar