Im thinkin about buying a snake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-06-2004, 10:47 AM   #1
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Im thinkin about buying a snake

Not a cobra... like a real snake. I was at the pet store and the ball pythons are freakin sweet. I know id need a big area to keep it once it gets pretty big... whch i dont mine cause ill just build a cage but Im just curious if these things are hard to care for? I realize they need heat and food and stuff like that, but has anyone owned one of these things before? I REALLY want one

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2004, 11:46 AM   #2
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Dude, I used to have exactly what you're talking about.

No problem at all to care for, I just made a little box for him to go in when he wanted to sleep or for it to be dark out of those cardboard boxes that canned cokes and stuff come on. I just put a couple of those together and cut out a hole for him to go in through.

As far as heat, I just used a heat rock. Be careful about how the cord leaves the cage though, cuz they can be strong little buggers, and they will push at where the cord is to try to get out.

I fed mine like once a week. That was sorta what got old. You can buy frozen mice and blah blah blah, but where's the fun in that? If I have to go to the pet store and buy something, I'm going to make it something worth my while. Oh yeah, and how much you feed it, depends on how big it gets! So feed it a lot! The size of the cage will have to do with size of the snake too. Big cage=big snake.

They are the coolest things. Yes, they will bite, but only if you starve it for a month and put a sock or something that is white on your hand and wave it in its face. <~not from my personal experience. They have tiny teeth.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
snakes are tight i used to have a snake about 3 years ago but it got out of the cage once and scared the **** out of my mom she made me give it away
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2004, 12:52 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee
<--- Not a Fan of Snakes

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 01:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I can get you some diamondbacks from my backyard -- real cheap, too.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 01:59 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
snakes are cool just watch road trip it shows u somewhat how to maintain a snake lol
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:18 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

My brother had a snake. A little green one that ate gold fish.

Then one day my dad was handling it, he put it back but didn't close the cage well enough.

The next morning the snake was gone, my mom freaked out when she heard the news.

About a year later, no one could find the snake, except for me. I found snake skin in the toilet. I knew what it was, my family didn't believe me. One morning during summer, I saw the snake's tail hanging from the toilet lid. I got my dad over, and he got this big glass jar. I pulled the tail and brought the snake out. After a year of living in a toilet, eating **** to live, the sucker grew pretty big.

So we surprised everyone when they came home, a big snake in a glass jar. We put it in a cage, fed it, but it's lack of **** to eat made it die

theeeeeeee end.

true story.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:21 PM   #8
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
My brother had a snake. A little green one that ate gold fish.

Then one day my dad was handling it, he put it back but didn't close the cage well enough.

The next morning the snake was gone, my mom freaked out when she heard the news.

About a year later, no one could find the snake, except for me. I found snake skin in the toilet. I knew what it was, my family didn't believe me. One morning during summer, I saw the snake's tail hanging from the toilet lid. I got my dad over, and he got this big glass jar. I pulled the tail and brought the snake out. After a year of living in a toilet, eating **** to live, the sucker grew pretty big.

So we surprised everyone when they came home, a big snake in a glass jar. We put it in a cage, fed it, but it's lack of **** to eat made it die

theeeeeeee end.

true story.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:13 PM   #9
I liek gramer
Legacy

that's pretty nasty. But i bet it is true.

My next door neighbor used to have a king cobra. That thing was massive, he would feed it rabbits and stuff. One day he had a big party, and the next day the snake was dead. He thought the water looked funny, but that's because it wasn't water anymore. It was beer.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Old 07-06-2004, 03:38 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
that's pretty nasty. But i bet it is true.

My next door neighbor used to have a king cobra. That thing was massive, he would feed it rabbits and stuff. One day he had a big party, and the next day the snake was dead. He thought the water looked funny, but that's because it wasn't water anymore. It was beer.
Dude that's not right! one time I found my (drunk) friend trying to give beer to my girlfriend's (now my wife) dog (bichon frise). I almost kicked the crap out of him. You gotta be a mfr idiot to mess with other people's pets like that. If I was him I would do anything to find out who was the A-hole that killed his snake and kick his ***! :angryfire :cussing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:48 PM   #12
I liek gramer
Legacy

yeah, i would have been pissed too.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:50 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
:booze: my dad poured a can of beer into my beagles water bowl. weird enough it seemed to have given the thing more energy
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Old 07-06-2004, 04:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

haha
Old 07-06-2004, 04:31 PM   #15
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
so should i get the snake? Its on sale from 80 bucks down to 30 right now... so nows the time to buy one if i do. Also, being that im in college... how big of a tank am i going to need? I dont have a ton of room, but i figure the thing wont be 5 feet long for another 4-5 years... so by that time ill have a place big enough to put it. What you guys think?

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:46 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

get it
Old 07-06-2004, 04:48 PM   #17
I liek gramer
Legacy

it will grow a LOT in less than a year. Think about it Zim, these are the formative years of its life, you should give it as big a cage as you possibly can right now. You do want a big snake I'm assuming. It will never grow to five feet if you keep it in a small(er) cage for too long (many months to a year)

and $30 is friggin cheap.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:52 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

get it and sacrafice a little more space
Old 07-06-2004, 05:45 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

i say get it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

« Dolla! | My new toy »