Brent's Common Sense For The Day - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Brent's Common Sense For The Day

Hajj makes Muslims more tolerant, study suggests - CNN.com

Quote:
The pilgrimage that brings more than 2 million Muslims to Mecca every year tends to make them more religiously observant and also more tolerant, a huge study of Pakistani pilgrims suggests.
Why in the world does it take a religion to make someone more tolerant of another's beliefs or make it possible to think that living peacefully with people that disagree with your Religious beliefs is a GOOD THING?

Think about this whether you are christian or muslim or whatever.... why would you want to worship someone that thought blowing yourself up was a GOOD IDEA or going on crusades to kill people that don't believe what you think is a GOOD IDEA?

Another thought for the day:

There are over 6 billion people that are ALIVE today. Imagine how many people have lived and died since we all started roaming this earth. Now watch this:

Watch it from start to finish and don't be a ***** and get butt hurt somewhere in between the start and finish.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Re: Brent's Common Sense For The Day

He is funny as hell and makes good points.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

LMAO !! Very wise man

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

very nice....good stuff

95 GT- Sold
09 Hyundai Elantra Touring-new ride.
Looking for the next project car now
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

haha good watch.

and an additional thought on top of yours, brent, that not only did many religions have crusades, suicides, inquisitions, masscres, etc, but religion had to survive a multitude of language transitions, cultural transitions, and thousands of years of existance. if you compared what people believe, follow, and do now with what was practiced even just 1000 years ago, you will find that religion is VERY different.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

No offense to any religious people here but just about anything related to religion, isn't related to common sense other than possibly their attempt to bring in morals.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
No offense to any religious people here but just about anything related to religion, isn't related to common sense other than possibly their attempt to bring in morals.
I like to think of myself a very sensible person. I feel I posses a good amount of common sense. I am also a born again Christian. My faith makes a lot of sense to me, as it does a multitude of other people. Just like with anything, people will bend and twist things to benefit themselves. I know there are a lot of "crazy christians" as well as many other disturbed people that do things "in the name of religion". That does not mean religion makes no sense. Please don't tell me my belief makes no sense, that is your opinion, and I do take offense to you making that blanket statement about religion.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

I don't believe that all religious people are stupid, I just dislike the ones that you described above.

I didn't say religion lacked any sense at all, just common sense. I know religion is a "sensible" way to explain the unknown. I think of myself as a sensible person as well. I wont say for a fact that there is no God, but I sure as hell wouldn't bet that there is one.

There are too many problems with religion for me to believe it. First is the problem of why he isn't more noticeable. I need proof that this omnipotent and all-loving being that controls everythign exists. If he did exist, and did love us as much as he says he does in "his book" then why not make himself noticable so people like me could say "Oh ****, I guess he is real. Now I gotta worship him". Instead of doing something that'd be easy for an omnipotent being to do (which is anything he pleases) and just shut everyone up who questions him by saying "Here I am", he allows people to question him, search for him and not find him.

Then there is the problem of evil. If god is All-Loving why does he allow murder, rape, violence, and so on. On top of that, there is the problem of hell. If he is loving why damn people who aren't sure what they believe?
God seems to me like a egotistical power-tripping being if he really will damn me to hell if I don't bow to him and worship him my entire life. If I don't do that, he will send me to eternal punishment and anguish. Well, he sounds like a class act doesn't he?

Even if there is a heaven, I'm not sure i'd want to spend it with someone like that
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

Lets not start a Holy War here guys

95 GT- Sold
09 Hyundai Elantra Touring-new ride.
Looking for the next project car now
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #10
Regular

Quote:
God seems to me like a egotistical power-tripping being if he really will damn me to hell if I don't bow to him and worship him my entire life. If I don't do that, he will send me to eternal punishment and anguish. Well, he sounds like a class act doesn't he?

Even if there is a heaven, I'm not sure i'd want to spend it with someone like that
You my man, just summed it up there.

Quote:
Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll go to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!
It sucks that George Carlin is roasting in Hell

I have a problem with how Christians see God. It's kind of.... how should I put this.... selfish.... I think that's a good way to put it.

God loves everyone, unless you're Muslim, Buddhists or not sure if you believe in him. Then you burn in hell. You bastards!

May God Bless America and may our bombs bless Iraq and lead them to democracy. Praise Baby Jesus. Amen.

Reddit
Old 12-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #11
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scut95 View Post
Lets not start a Holy War here guys
but it's so fun!

We can disagree as long as someone doesn't cry. I'm not going to cry. I promise. Though I almost did cry today, when Nick Saban was awarded the Coach of the Year. It was an emotional time for me.

Reddit
Old 12-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

My biggest problem is the LONG list of atrocities that are carried out in it's name. Violence, discrimination, and anti-progressivism (I'm not sure that's a real word...). What I mean by that is the active stance the church has taken against science, itself. Astronomers who put forth theories that the earth wasn't he center of the universe have been ex-communicated, and worse, over the years. Now they stand in the way of researh that has the potential to save (or improve) thousands of lives (stem cells), and a theory that has revolutionized modern biology (evolution). I just see organized religion more of an embodiment of evil, than a force of good. And don't tell me that I wouldn't know it was wrong to cheat, kill, steal, and the over things in the commandments, without it.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:02 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

No offense... but **** religion.

All I know is that the first bastard that tries to brainwash my son is going to regret it.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar