Ozzfest 04 Report - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-11-2004, 01:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Ozzfest 04 Report

Well yesterday was the kick off of the Ozzfest Tour. Let me tell you this had to be the BEST Ozzfest Ive gone to in 5 years. Just beyond top notch.

My top Favs on the 2nd stage had to be God Forbid, Atreyu, Unearth, Lacuna Coil - lead singer of L.C. is BEYOND hott so damn sexy man with her italian self *drool*

Then you had Lamb of God, Hatebreed, and Slipknot that just killed 2nd stage the most violent pits Ive been in a good while within a few mins of Lamb of God hitting the stage there was literally blood flowing everywhere from the violence.

Hatebreed being back home in CT just destroyed like they usually do saw some dudes being carried out due to a broken noses. Then Slipknot we wont even touch how much MORE violent that got. Like usual they had the whole grounds as one huge pit during Spit it out and Surfacing. Man sick just sick

Main Stage the mellow-ness sets in Slayer rocked like usual and then seeing Dimmu Borgir for the first time was intresting too. They had a good stage show.
Judas Priest im not a fan of but they deserve the respect and they also put on a good show they even were encourage the huge bottle throwing war (imagne 20,000+ people throwing water, beer bottles and anything else you can find that can be heaved) that lasted for about 45 mins

Then the Prince of Motherfkin Darkness came on Black Sabbath just rocked you can NEVER be dissappointed when they come on stage. Just cant in my opinion

Kick *** Ozzfest. Hope they dont fail next year cause this years kicked MAJOR ***
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2004, 01:23 PM   #2
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Sounds sweet man. I don't think I'm going to go this year.

too much stuff going on w/ college and work and everything else. The bands sound sweet, but I liked some of the other lineups better. I've already seen all those bands except Judas Priest anyways, so I don't think I'm missing a whole lot. How were the shirts this year? I didn't like last year's shirt as much as the others, but I got one anyways, haha. I mean, you kinda have to, lol.

btw, Lacuna Coil's singer is fkin hot. So is Otep's.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 06:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to nickpeck28
Im not going this year because I dont like 1 damn band on the entire tour other then Ozzy lol. I have beent to the last 4 but Im not bothering this year . Only concert I have comming up is next month, the Linkin Park and KoRn tour . I hate snoop dogg (all rap for that matter) so Ill just go a tad late.

Come to think of it, its been a ****ty year for concerts for me. All I have gone to see is the 92.3 concert that had KoRn as the headline (kick *** concert btw).
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2004, 07:08 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
mmm i have yet to go to an ozzfest date. all my freinds arent into that hate metal goth stuff, and im not really into it either. id like to see Lacuna Coil, i am currently downloading their cd and it sounds totally sick. other than that, none of the other bands but black sabbath/ozzy interest me. id like to go one time just to say i did.

warped tour rocked this year too. im a little punk boy so ive gone 4 years in a row now. never lets me down.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 06:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah Lacuna Coil was pretty good. Singer with her accent thats hott. As for the shirts I honestly dont remember what they looked like. But their cd sampler has that Ozzfest devil riding an ATV which I found pretty funny considering what happened.

This years line-up is you just had to be into thrash metal pretty much. I wouldnt really call them "goth" (only Dimmu Borgir is close to goth as you can get.)

I wouldnt go to a Warp tour unless my life depended on it Different Strokes for Different Folks its all good right

I also will be going to that Project Reveloution show not really to excited about it. Korn is the only reasoning why im going all the other bands just suck
Old 07-12-2004, 07:00 AM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy

I saw Korn last year at ozzfest.. damn they put on a good show. And they had a lot to compete with last year, including Disturbed..

Lacuna Coil is awesome. This year's ozzfest lineup is just a little more "old-school" than I care to go see. This is the perfect Ozzfest for people who remember when these bands were popular.

I saw Dimmu Borgir last year. I think I can do without seeing them again...
I think Cradle of Filth was worse than they were though... man, that is one band I won't forget seeing live.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:02 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I like heavy metal but I never understood the whole Violent pit stuff. If I went I would have armour made of spikes all over my body so people would be hesitant to slam into me.

I go for the enjoyment of the music not to get a broken nose or some jackass throwing bottles at people. No wonder people are turning to Rapp with all the Jackasses and the Testosterone running rampant. With Rapp the music might suck but the booty shaking is well worth the cost of earplugs. Like I said Heavy Metal is cool but I will just watch the pit from a distance and relish in the thought that Darwin might be right some people are not far from the Neanderthal Caveman!!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:13 AM   #8
I liek gramer
Legacy

haha, at ozzfest, it wasn't that bad. You can watch the show and not be involved with a pit. Pits only opened up during certain bands, and most often only during certain songs. It's relatively easy to stay away from them.

I mosh occasionally, I like crowd surfing better
Old 07-12-2004, 07:33 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have not been to an Ozzyfest but I have met Ozzy during the Bark at the Moon Tour. My friend was the manager of WZEW Radio station in Mobile AL and he got me backstage. Then Ozzy was a drunk ***, he had to be carried off stage and he scribbled his name on a Bark at the Moon Album Cover I brought with me.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:46 AM   #10
I liek gramer
Legacy

haven't met him, but I've seen him 3x!
Old 07-12-2004, 12:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

This years Ozzfest is a new and old tour in my opinion. My reasoning - The old Black Sabbath, Judas and Slayer. Then all the up and commers (you watch) Lamb of God, Unearth, God Forbid Hatebreed and so forth will end up becoming huge in the years to come.

As for pits. The point is to let out whatever aggression you have a sense of release. Signs of frustration. I enjoy them every once and a while. This years Ozzfest was non stop moshing. I wouldnt honestly say that people are turning to rap because of this thats actually a very gay statement. This is the new metal era you either like it or you dont. Plain and simple.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:41 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
This years Ozzfest is a new and old tour in my opinion. My reasoning - The old Black Sabbath, Judas and Slayer. Then all the up and commers (you watch) Lamb of God, Unearth, God Forbid Hatebreed and so forth will end up becoming huge in the years to come.

As for pits. The point is to let out whatever aggression you have a sense of release. Signs of frustration. I enjoy them every once and a while. This years Ozzfest was non stop moshing. I wouldnt honestly say that people are turning to rap because of this thats actually a very gay statement. This is the new metal era you either like it or you dont. Plain and simple.
First off I NEVER MAKE GAY STATEMENTS. Second is as the level of Violence in Rock has gone up the level of general population listening to it goes down especially women. How many women get into pits. There are so many ways to release aggression without beating the crap out of each other. That is what is actually gay!!. Basically young juvenile males that are wannabee Badasses beating on each other no differently than Islamic extremist beating there heads with stones and bleading all over the place in the name of Allah except with the pit who are you doing it in the name of Anger it deffinately is not for the love of music!!!!!!!

Now by all means I am not a advocate of doing away with it. I rellish freedom to chose and if everyone is a consenting participant I think it is OK. I have a problem with people that go out to do harm just because they are skinheads or rednecks.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:13 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
I started listening to Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin when I was in High School, about 68-69, I am amazed to hear that Black Sabbath still makes music. Cool. I knew Ozzy Ozborn was still around, but I thought even he had calmed down a whole lot now.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 01:18 PM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

lol @ the "gay statement" comment. You sounded all serious, and then all of a sudden you said he made a "gay statement."

Ozzy, well, Ozzy isn't quite as rambunctious as he used to be, haha. He still sings, and still sings very well I might add, but the dude cannot talk! And his on stage performance isn't like it used to be either, haha. He just sorta hops in place.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:21 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
... There are so many ways to release aggression without beating the crap out of each other. That is what is actually gay!!. Basically young juvenile males that are wannabee Badasses beating on each other no differently than Islamic extremist beating there heads with stones and bleading all over the place in the name of Allah except with the pit who are you doing it in the name of Anger it deffinately is not for the love of music!!!!!!!

Now by all means I am not a advocate of doing away with it. I rellish freedom to chose and if everyone is a consenting participant I think it is OK. I have a problem with people that go out to do harm just because they are skinheads or rednecks.
:yup:
I like Hard Rock and Metal, I go to concerts to enjoy the music. I don't see the enjoyment in beating the crap out of each other either.

Quote:
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:24 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to nickpeck28
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I saw Korn last year at ozzfest.. damn they put on a good show. And they had a lot to compete with last year, including Disturbed..

Lacuna Coil is awesome. This year's ozzfest lineup is just a little more "old-school" than I care to go see. This is the perfect Ozzfest for people who remember when these bands were popular.

I saw Dimmu Borgir last year. I think I can do without seeing them again...
I think Cradle of Filth was worse than they were though... man, that is one band I won't forget seeing live.
KoRn always puts on a good show lol, I NEVER miss them! Yah they kicked *** at Ozzfest last year, main reason I went. I get to see KoRn in a few weeks
Old 07-12-2004, 04:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How many women get into pits. There are so many ways to release aggression without beating the crap out of each other. That is what is actually gay!!.ramble ramble ramble....
Um When was the last time you actually went to a concert? For your info yes PLENTY of women actually do go into the pit for your info. This isnt a male only thing. Yeah I will agree sometimes it does get violent but thats the risk YOU are taking for entering it. You may have your views on it but MANY MANY MANY think differly then you do. And I dunno what the rest of your rambling (because thats all it was) actually had to do wit the subject.

Truth is people arent turning to rap because of moshing now THAT is gay and even gay-er that you would even try putting those two into one light cause thats not possible. People like rap for there own reasons. thats FACT

Side Note First time I seen Korn they sucked Now thats gay. but everytime other they kicked *** Cant wait till Project Rev. thats the only reason Im going is cause Korn woot
Old 07-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
Um When was the last time you actually went to a concert? For your info yes PLENTY of women actually do go into the pit for your info. This isnt a male only thing. Yeah I will agree sometimes it does get violent but thats the risk YOU are taking for entering it. You may have your views on it but MANY MANY MANY think differly then you do. And I dunno what the rest of your rambling (because thats all it was) actually had to do wit the subject.

Truth is people arent turning to rap because of moshing now THAT is gay and even gay-er that you would even try putting those two into one light cause thats not possible. People like rap for there own reasons. thats FACT

Side Note First time I seen Korn they sucked Now thats gay. but everytime other they kicked *** Cant wait till Project Rev. thats the only reason Im going is cause Korn woot
I have been to close to 500 Concerts the first being Alice cooper welcome to my nightmare tour 1974 and my last was was about a year ago when I saw collective soul and I am headed to Jackson to see Kid Rock.

And for your information I am not a big fan of Rapp nor do I think the pit should be banned. Please read my post carefully. Only a small very small portion of the pit is women
Old 07-13-2004, 06:21 PM   #19
I liek gramer
Legacy

about the women: yes. women do mosh. and yes, they are most always a very very small if existent portion of the pit. I don't know about Kitty concerts, I don't like them. They might have a lot of chicks moshing.

side note: the women I have seen in pits are usually less than attractive. See "who likes white trash" thread.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar