I need your help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2004, 03:01 AM   #1

I need your help!

Ok guys, I need your help.

Here is my problem: I am a 16 year old mustang fanatic. I work at Fred's making $5.50 an hour, my parents bought me a 2000 v6 Automatic convertible for my 16th birthday right. It's quite fast, but we always wanna go faster right?

I am seriously considering saving my money and trading in the v6 on a GT in a year or two. But, I have the mod bug NOW and crazily want to mod the v6. I am stuck in a bind...lol. My parents pay for pretty much everything but gas, including my insurance as of now. It is $6 a month extra, i know you wont believe it, but i dont care. I was already insured to drive my parents cars so we just basically added a car.. $20 down payment and $6 a month. I think they ****ed up in the computers or something, lmao.

If I get a GT, my insurance will probably skyrocket, and i doubt I can manage that + a car payment, let alone modding it. But then again, I will have an 8 instead of a 6 and that allows for much more power. Then again, I'm only 16. I know you probably think I can't handle that power, but I can .

What are your opinions? Should I (1)mod the v6 now, and get a gt or cobra later on in life. (2) Don't mod the v6, save for a gt in a year or two and mod it

C'mon guys this is a really hard decision for me, I have everything planned out for what I wanna do for the 6...any ideas?
acidkoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2004, 04:03 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
a 16 yr old with a GT yeah the price will be ungodly.

I'm going with the modding the V6 now and getting the GT/Cobra later on. I have a whole life time to get a GT/Cobra, and a whole life time to pay for one

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:02 AM   #3
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
You won't be able to pay for insurance by yourself until your 25 most likely. The only time it drops is when your 19, 21, and by half when your 25.

Just be happy you have a Mustang.

Quote:
I can't handle that power, but I can .
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2004, 08:07 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
yea, since you're 16 your best bet is to stick with the V6... i looked at insurance prices for a GT for ****s and giggles and it was like 500/mo (of course, my record isn't the best)

so yea, general good advice is to mod the v6... start with dual exhaust

good luck and drive safe
Old 07-13-2004, 08:29 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkoolz
I know you probably think I can't handle that power, but I can .
Wrong.

Stick with the six. I doubt you can handle the v6 power, either.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 08:30 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
yea i wanted a gt to until i found out the insurance, i have a friend exactly your age (im 18 hes 16) with a spotless record and a good student discount. he pays 2500 a year on just his car. but, his parents are super rich so i t doesn`t matter, but unlike him i have to pay for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 08:31 AM   #7
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

And the reason why we are all saying that is because of this.

It's quite fast, but we always wanna go faster right?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:23 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Stick with the V6 for now, regardless of how good of a driver you think you are, your still 16 and probably think your invincible. You should see if you can do a few autocross events in your v6, work on your driving skills with that. Then in a few years (probably when your 21 or so) get your GT. Go ahead and mod the 6 if you want, but I'd suggest not going too crazy with that. Save up for the GT and do your research into mods for the V6 so you don't waste money.

The mods I'd suggest are exhaust (gt take off, maybe weld in different mufflers), cold air intake, underdrive pulleys, short throw shifter if you have a 5 speed, shift kit if you have an auto, and some nicer rims.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:33 AM   #9
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, just put some rims and exhaust on it. And maybe a GT rear bumper.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
The mods I'd suggest are exhaust (gt take off, maybe weld in different mufflers), cold air intake, underdrive pulleys, short throw shifter if you have a 5 speed, shift kit if you have an auto, and some nicer rims.
Yeah, get all of that junk and run a tenth faster in the 1320.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:39 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
id say either stick with the 6 or sell it for something that is just as gast as a GT but an insurance company wouldnt think twice on. i pay 60 a month for my insurance on the eclipse, and its a little faster than gt's. my freind pays 45 a month for his integra ls that runs 15.5's with about 100$ in mods. not saying you should get a import, but it has its advantages sometimes.

but if you really want the GT, wait a few years. id say in 2007 the price of 99+ GT will be at around 8,000 for a good one because the attention will be towards the 05's and the 99+ will seem old and outdated(but a whole lot better IMO). and if you save a little now and put it towards a GT later, your payments will be less, youll be older and wiser(hopefully) and insurance will be less.

or you can put all the money you wouldve put towards a GT(car price+insurance difference over V6+price to mod it) into youre V6 and it could prolly run good times and be a sick looking car.

personally me, id stick with the six.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar