N20 in the SRT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-14-2004, 10:42 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
N20 in the SRT

what do u guys think? Been thinking about spraying the rocket. Ill be running stock WGA and no manual boost controller and just having Stage 1 and a 75 shot. I like the driveability the stock Wastegate gives and i also like having the stage 1 computer control my boost instead of the Manual boost controller. Daily driving in stop and go traffic can be a pain sometimes keeping it under boost.
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2004, 10:45 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclesFromBrussels
what do u guys think? Been thinking about spraying the rocket. Ill be running stock WGA and no manual boost controller and just having Stage 1 and a 75 shot. I like the driveability the stock Wastegate gives and i also like having the stage 1 computer control my boost instead of the Manual boost controller. Daily driving in stop and go traffic can be a pain sometimes keeping it under boost.
My friend has Nitrous hooked up to the intercooler... he hasnt been able to spray because he doesnt have a bottle but the guy that had the car before him did. Ran like mid 8's ont he 1/8th~

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:56 PM   #3
Road Trip!

ya id hook it up to the hardpipe on the IC. It would just be so much easier to have power when i want it and not all the boost hassle when i just wanna go to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2004, 10:58 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
I read the SRT-4 really isn't a point A to point B kinda car, it's more of like a fun ride around on the weekend kinda car. How do you feel about it?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:06 PM   #5
Road Trip!

its ok for a daily driver. tranny and shifter seems to be smoother under wot then under regular driving. Its decent on gas if u dont boost any. Once u start to mod it and eliminate the computer from controlling boost is when driveability starts to go. Ride is rather bumpy from the sports tuned suspension and the seats arent exactly luxury setup. This is an honest opinion from an owner from some of the negatives of it. But if u havent boosted in a few days and slam the gas down boy does it put a smile on ur face and a car in ur rear view (most of the time).
Old 07-14-2004, 11:51 PM   #6

who the hell nitros a SRT-4? using a boost controller is simpler than nitrous and it costs a lot less. when you don't wanna just open it the hell up, have the boost turned down, but when you wanna get wicked, crank it up. just about as easy as opening the nitrous bottle.

installation's easier too.
jugador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
asking a tech Q about a dodge 4 banger to a bunch of guys that are trying to get a grasp on their own mustang 6 bangers... best idea ever. how about go to a board that can actually help you?
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:17 AM   #8

hahaha i was thinking the same thing, but i think my opinion was completely valid thurr seeing as i have a turbo 4 pot mehself.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:20 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

there are some guys here that know about that stuff dont ask him to leave to another forum
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:23 AM   #10

he's not asking him to leave, he's asking him to ask tech questions about his irrelevant car somewhere his car is the topic of discussion. i can see why you're getting all worked up over something you don't understand though from the "kerry in '04"

Old 07-15-2004, 12:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I thought we could make off-topic threads in the off-topic forum? No? Weird.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:27 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

hater
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:42 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i dont know dude, personally from what i heard using nitrous in a turbo without the proper tuning could be very bad. alot of the awd guys running 11's still dont use it, and the ones who do use like a 50 shot just for the spooling/cooling purposes.

now if you had something to adjust the timing up in the higher rpm's to compensate for the leaner conditions you get when running nitrous on a F/I car then id say go for it. also you will need more fuel, so that might be a problem.

youre simple system just got more costly. just stick to the turbo, do something to improve the airflow going into/coming out of the engine(ic piping, 02 housing, dp, exhaust, etc) and itll make it alot faster.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:45 AM   #14
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser02
I thought we could make off-topic threads in the off-topic forum? No? Weird.
He didnt say he couldnt. he said he would get a better response from say a Srt-4 forum.

Count to ten and take a deep breath guys....

I have to admit I laughed at the Kerry in '04 comment

Reddit
Old 07-15-2004, 12:45 AM   #15
Regular

ah yea Steve I forgot to mention my friend had a WRX lol sorry.

Reddit
Old 07-15-2004, 12:51 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
He didnt say he couldnt. he said he would get a better response from say a Srt-4 forum.
That is entirely not what he said. You didn't think there was just a slight hint of hostility in his post?

#1) It had no purpose. Where is Rellik to delete it?
#2) It was telling our members to go elsewhere. Cool.
#3) It was insulting the rest of the members. Even better.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:09 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
#1) It had no purpose. Where is Rellik to delete it?
#2) It was telling our members to go elsewhere. Cool.
#3) It was insulting the rest of the members. Even better.
1. huh?
2. i was giving sound tech advice. you go over to an srt-4 and ask them how to mod your mustang, and see how it goes?
3. how?

if you are going to bother listing your points, at least have them.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:10 AM   #18
Regular

:drama:

Reddit
Old 07-15-2004, 01:27 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tire
1. huh?
2. i was giving sound tech advice. you go over to an srt-4 and ask them how to mod your mustang, and see how it goes?
3. how?

if you are going to bother listing your points, at least have them.
#1) Perhaps you missed the trend.
#2) Nitrous is nitrous. There are a number of turbo 4 cyl guys here that could answer his question. If you aren't going to actually give a response to the question in any way, why even bother entering the thread? I'm sure he goes to other forums. That's where he left to the last time everyone talked **** to him.
#3) "a bunch of guys that are still trying to get a grasp on their own 6 bangers"... Like that's not implying everyone here is newbie and doesn't know **** about their cars...
Old 07-15-2004, 01:30 AM   #20
Regular

:swordfigh :whistle:

Reddit
Old 07-15-2004, 01:32 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I still love all you guys.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:38 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
#1) Perhaps you missed the trend.
#2) Nitrous is nitrous. There are a number of turbo 4 cyl guys here that could answer his question. If you aren't going to actually give a response to the question in any way, why even bother entering the thread? I'm sure he goes to other forums. That's where he left to the last time everyone talked **** to him.
#3) "a bunch of guys that are still trying to get a grasp on their own 6 bangers"... Like that's not implying everyone here is newbie and doesn't know **** about their cars...
1. ok?
2. nitrous is nitrous. however, a built dodge 4cyl has a hundred characteristics (should i start with it being a DODGE?) that no one here knows about. we are ford guys... only a guy INTO dodges and neons will really know what they're talking about. like what compression its even run at and other basic stuff. what problems happen to stock srt-4's, and how much boost is realy ok? gasket problems, etc... what is the first to go when the boost is turned up, etc... we will never know that.
3. the majority people here ARE newbies. everyone has to start somewhere and there is nothing wrong with that. i know little compared to some guys here, and some guys here know little compared to me. and yes, most people here are trying to get a GRASP on their car.

like i said, i'm waiting for how i am this big bad bully.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:23 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i think steve is awaiting responses from people like Mike who has nitrous on his stang, and poeple like me, tbird232ci and monkey who are into turbo 4's. he simply asked our input on what we thought about him spraying in his neon. no big deal to go all off and **** talking him and starting a flame war. if you have a comment that has no relevance to "nitrous" or his question keep it to yourself. there are alot of guys here that are knowlegable on more things than just V6 mustangs. alot of us have a wide array of general knowledge about cars and how such mods will react under certain conditions.

and kerry=teh suck.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:12 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

nitrous when its aspirated drop the air temp to something like-125 degrees i believe. so, the further away from the engine you actually shoot it the longer itll take to get to the engine, and with enging and piping temp that would be like putting an ice cube next to a fire, i think. i am simply asking if this theory is true by the way i have never used nitrous. but i do have a good understanding of its properties and setup and so on. i would this the best way to install would be to get no2/feul injectors .. no?
or take that nitrous, that youll really only need for the second of turbo lag, im not sure how small the srt-4 turbos are, and spray your intercooler, get your intake temps way way down. again i have never actually done nitrous, just read lots about it so if im wrong, explain.
This is America, where every vote counts, unless it's a vote for a Democrat.
thirstymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:56 AM   #25
Road Trip!

lol i post and read info on SRTforums.com about 4 times as much as im on this board. I just asked waht do u guys think. Im not looking for some tech answers. I posted more of a just what do u think about using nitrous in general. There r a lot of ppl using nitrous in SRT4's. Its a cheaper way to get into the 12's and its actually very safe since our engine can handle a 75 shot no problem. Thx for the backup and response guys. TIRE you still have the worst name ever. Doesnt mean u have to be mean I posted this just to get a response because i think some of you actually know about cars that r actually factory built to go fast to start. Not just a 3.8 mustang. I think its kinda an insult to the rest of these guys tire. Some ppl do know a lil more then just a V6
Old 07-15-2004, 08:02 AM   #26
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
Sure, go for it.

But with that intercooler sprayer, I just don't like the seloniod sitting out front like that. Seems like you would have to replace it alot.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:23 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

guess it would depend on where you drive, newengland-probably, lots of highway rocks, im sure that we arent the only place. but im sure lots of places are a whole lot less rocky.
This is America, where every vote counts, unless it's a vote for a Democrat.
thirstymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:27 AM   #28
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Id say go for it as long as its safe... think about it. A car that can purge and give you the crazy BOV sound all in one package... hellz yeah

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:50 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to drummerstang98 Send a message via Yahoo to drummerstang98
I test drove one before, and to me it seemed like the interior was put together really cheaply....maybe thats just me
Mods - BBK O/R H-Pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters, BBK CAI, 4:30 Gears, FR500, Koni Adjustable's, C-Springs w/dead coil cut...more to come
drummerstang98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:01 PM   #30
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

i feel like that in my mustang ... mainly just the doors though

I like toys
Old 07-15-2004, 12:16 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it all.....just answer the man if you have a valid point...if you want to ***** at each other make a "I want to *****" thread and stick it to the top of the forum....

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:25 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
:done: :drive:
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 01:36 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
Sure, go for it.

But with that intercooler sprayer, I just don't like the seloniod sitting out front like that. Seems like you would have to replace it alot.
umm there's this crazy invention called a bumper, and believe it or not, you can put the solenoid behind it. quit making useless posts trying to sound smart.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:27 PM   #34
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugador
umm there's this crazy invention called a bumper, and believe it or not, you can put the solenoid behind it. quit making useless posts trying to sound smart.
2: chill man... no need to get all hostile

I like toys
Old 07-15-2004, 06:24 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Thx for the input guys. Gonna have to think about this route for awhile. Need to dig up a lil more research in the area of Turbocharged/Nitrous vehicles. An intercooler and nitrous can really put a chill on intake temps. But like i said there r plenty of guys running nitrous on there modded srt4's. I cant see the basics being any different such as Making sure u get the right fuel setup/pump ect. Im waiting some feedback from a few guys and will c. Im not much for boosting around 24/7 i like to cruise and once a week or so play around with some boost either by myself or against someone. Im feeling this would be a good way to get Huge power only when i want it and keeping everything fairly simple with the rest of the car. Id be looking at around 340whp and 380Wtq that would pretty much get me to where i want to be without falling into that losing driveability area that i dont want. Gonna keep my options open.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar