Horror strikes without warning!!! Loss for words - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2004, 11:28 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Horror strikes without warning!!! Loss for words

Sunday I was just finishing up on some computers I was working on ( I build and repair computers on the side) and was getting ready to put the stang in the Garage to put on my PBR dual piston calipers and Power Stop Slotted rotors when I looked out the window and see a girl that is a neighbor hood friend of my 7 yr old Son wiping a squeegy type sponge mop oacross the back of my car. I go down and they are trying to wash my car OMG. I grab the mop immediately and send the girl home. I look at the car and everything seemed fine.

I pulled the car into the garage, lifted the hood and started onthe brakes. I finished after about 3 hours and put the car back outside.

Well the next day It had rained and the car looked fine. well at the end of the day it was a nice sunny day and I drove home from work in a pretty good mood. I get out of my car and i see a streak across the hood so i go over to look.
OMG There are scratches all over the hood and front fenders. OMG there are scratches all over The top of the car. OMG there are scratches all over my trunk and rear wing. DAMMITTOHELL!!!

Well now I have to get in touch with my insurance company. I went down and talked to the little girls Dad, who is a good guy and a friend. He said he would pay half of the out of pocket money to fix it.

Still I am just in shock at this happening

Old 07-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Illinois
Ouch!

Man that sucks.
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:36 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
yeah, too bad, at least the guy was cool about it though.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2004, 11:42 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Ouch!

Man that sucks.
Ouch!!! Ouch!!! Is that all you can say. Dammit Man the stang has been raped by a 9 yr old and all you can say is Ouch!!!

it should be more like
OUCH !!!!!!!

I can tell you Brother Corey was about to go Medieval on the damn child but Reason stepped in and I have been dealing with it very well I think.

My wife said last night I was handling to well and thought I should take my sword out and go out in the back yard and destroy some wood or something.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
thats sucks corey once the guy pays for half of the damage. save up some money and hire another little girl to beat the crap out of the one that raped your car
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:50 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
I understand why you are so upset, but you also have to understand your child probably knows how important your car is for you and he was trying to wash it for you. I feel bad for you because your car got messed up, but I also feel bad for your kid that was probably trying to do something nice for you and f'd up. I did that a couple of times when I was little and I still remember the feeling. Try to take it easy on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

it was the neighbors kid
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:57 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
it was the neighbors kid
I thought it was the neighbor's kid and his kid, because if it was just the neighbor's kid then the neighbor should make himself responsible for the entire cost of the repair

Quote:
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:06 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

No my kids were there also but the neighbor girl had the sponge mop raking it across the car. I agree My kids are the most important thing to me and I was easy on them for the most part they are grounded for the next 4 days. My 7 yr old is so responsible. I am surprised he did not run in and tell me what was going on.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:53 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
No my kids were there also but the neighbor girl had the sponge mop raking it across the car. I agree My kids are the most important thing to me and I was easy on them for the most part they are grounded for the next 4 days. My 7 yr old is so responsible. I am surprised he did not run in and tell me what was going on.
glad i dont have kids
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:09 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol now who's getting emotional over their car? jk jk dude.

I was sitting in my house eating dinner back when I had my other car and I heard my neighbors playing baseball. They were throwing it around and goofing off when I heard a thump and one of them coming around to our driveway to get their ball. I looked over and eyed my car from outside, didn't look like my car got hit. The next morning I go out there and I notice this nice round dent on the top of the car. I was SO pissed, I found their ball and threw it into the wash. Course it wouldn't fix the dent, but I don't have that car anymore so whatever.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to drummerstang98 Send a message via Yahoo to drummerstang98
that sucks
Mods - BBK O/R H-Pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters, BBK CAI, 4:30 Gears, FR500, Koni Adjustable's, C-Springs w/dead coil cut...more to come
drummerstang98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:52 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to SVOChic Send a message via Yahoo to SVOChic
Sorry to hear that. I always get nervous with children around my cars. I had one the other day trying to write stuff in the dust on my 2000. WTF?! I kindly explained that we don't do that and why we don't.

It could be worse. A guy I know had a kid take a Rock and draw circles all over the hood of his Windstar.
GirlsCanToo
DFW Forum Moderator @ Lone Star Stangs
SVOChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:25 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to kaper232 Send a message via Yahoo to kaper232
Hope everything works out on getting the car fixed... I too have had problems with neighborhood kids... One day a kid decided to throw a rock at another kid. Well, the lil kid didnt hit his target, but he did spider web my rear window... Kids will be kids!!!
kaper232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:46 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
why only half when he is the one that is at fault for the whole problem? get a whole new paint job
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:56 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
hey corey, try to get some pics if you can, u might just be able to fly me there and i will buff them out for you. I am a detailer full time at Carmax, heck thats almost all i do is wet sand and buff cars out, beside the engines and insides BUT if not, its going to cost some $$ to paint that car, all the panels will need paint, cause E9 is VERY hard to match, they might be able to spray some test junk parts, but hope it gets better
Old 07-20-2004, 08:13 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

well when I came out the neighbor's kid had the sponge mop but later found out my 4 yr old daughter did some also.

I cant have him pay for more than half. Hell he offered to pay half. He could have been a dick and told me to bad. With friends and neighbors it is always better to compromise something you young guys will find out eventually
Old 07-21-2004, 07:51 AM   #18
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
dang corey, I'm sorry to hear that. You took it a lot better than I probably would have. I need to work on my temper some... At least the guy was cool enough to offer to pay some. My luck he woulda just been like, screw you, my kid never does anything wrong."

I hope everything works out for you man. Stuff like this sucks.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:20 PM   #19
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Well, how bad are they, can you run your fingernail across them and then your nail gets caught in the paint?

If so, probally be looking at new paint.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
sorry to hear it. if that's the biggest of your problems, then i'd say you're doing mighty fine though.

austin
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:44 PM   #21

Man,,, tough break. This is my first post and the last post is pretty much correct. If your fingernail will catch it, it prolly won't buff out. I own a body shop, same one I have worked at since 1978. E9 (or as we refer to it, EVIL # NINE) Is terrible to match. It is a tri-coat, or going back to the ol' days, think of a candy paint job. If it will buff, you will be better off. Good luck.
getgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:58 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Sorry to hear..Its cool that he offered to pay half. Get her back to normal soon
Old 07-21-2004, 11:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
i LOVE my garage!

sorry to hear that man.

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:26 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by getgo
Man,,, tough break. This is my first post and the last post is pretty much correct. If your fingernail will catch it, it prolly won't buff out. I own a body shop, same one I have worked at since 1978. E9 (or as we refer to it, EVIL # NINE) Is terrible to match. It is a tri-coat, or going back to the ol' days, think of a candy paint job. If it will buff, you will be better off. Good luck.
well first off, if you can snag your nail then yeah its a "deep scratch" BUT a good detailer can wet sand and buff that out, I do it all day long. and as this guy said "E9" he just said what i said, its very hard to match, when you paint it u must spray test sprays of the "color" to see how much it has faded and what not its a tri coat, PPG is really the only true maker of it Dupont its really hard to match. good luck corey
Old 07-22-2004, 04:13 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Corey contact me...and maybe Jimmy can help with the car since he does auto detailling and repair, might be salvagable after all...

you know were we live...
Old 07-22-2004, 05:03 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
i LOVE my garage!

sorry to hear that man.
I have a Garage
Old 07-22-2004, 05:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Damn that just blows major chunks. Id be ripped. But good job though and nice nieghbor seriously cause I know my neighbors would be tough **** and thats when they get decked in the face by me haha.

Good luck on your outcome.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:04 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
man, if some kid ****ed up my paint job they'd be washing paint off their clothes for 2 weeks cuz i'd shoot them with a paintball gun

and i'd file an insurance claim for vandalism
Old 08-14-2004, 12:20 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

OK I am sorry I have not posted the final outcome of this horrid event. I got in touch with Jimmy the Detailer (Jeff KrazyPony's Friend) here in Greenville. He said he would be able to get most of it out and so I left it with him while I went to Carrolton, GA 2 weekends ago. I came back and I was amazed at how much of the scratches he got out, You can see very little evidence of the damage. I am very thankful to Jimmy for doing a most excellent job.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:34 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
sweet, good thing you didnt have to get it all repainted!
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:25 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Sorry to hear about this one Corey, glad it came out as well as it did, don't know how I missed it this long!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 11:01 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

dont forget you owe him 25$ yet, please pay him soon...tired of hearing him cry the blues over 25 dollars!
Old 08-15-2004, 09:02 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Dude I have been very busy but I will get that to you ASAP
Old 08-15-2004, 10:02 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
He must have used one of 3M's magic product called perfect-it. It'll get just about anything out of your paint. I use it sometimes on my car.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:08 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

more like 2000 grit sand paper and alot of elbow grease!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar